Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Montana MT 406 unOfficial Page

Old 09-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Montana MT 406 unOfficial Page

We have been in hiding..lol Welcome...Check the Official Montana FS thread in the northwest section!!!

There was a eg sedan ex for sale on Billings craigslist for 1800.00....
Old 09-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the fastest Naturally Aspirated pass done in a Honda anywhere in our state? Anybody keeping track of that for entertainment?
Old 09-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vectorsolid
What's the fastest Naturally Aspirated pass done in a Honda anywhere in our state? Anybody keeping track of that for entertainment?
I am not 100% and could be wrong but I wanna say high 12's in Billings area (think F20bmt ran that but not sure) !! Anyone else know for sure??

Asking that got me curious if anyone knows fastest D series time for MT ( i know of a 11.5 in a dohc zc) just curious if that is still the fastest..

Also anyone know the fastest times for a turbo'd B? H? F? MT cars..

Curiousty has gotten the best of me now!!!!

Last edited by dyno76; 09-18-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does amyone have one of these by chance..I am in need of one
Attached Images  
Old 09-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

jp prob would be your best bet
Old 09-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

skyler dont let me forget i still have the sleeves to the coils i sold you, or did i already give em too you?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, we got rained out at the Battle of the imports in Woodburn Oregon. Stupid rain. Got the new setup in the car... would have been awesome to see what it's capable of. 2200 mile round trip and 5 days off of work, not one pass.

Weak part of the whole build now, in my mind, is the wrist pins and parts of the tranny.

Fueling system was maxed and the turbo was to small, maxed out 613whp@30psi with the old setup. New setup is "slightly" better than that. . I'm not talking ANY smack until we get to the track. I'm just going to hold with my original statement of "anything in the 9's and trap 150+".

Couple teaser pics: First, the old setup

new intercooler.

Last edited by vectorsolid; 09-20-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hay Vectorsolid, nice stuff. It looks familiar, did you visit the JDR Motorsports garage Monday night?
Old 09-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in need of some help from all you honda pros, ... I picked up a DA for 150 dollars, the body is actually in good condition, anyways I drove the car and it drives fine, the car has adjustable cam gears, cams(not sure the brand) header and exhaust, anyways, I cleaned up the car a little and noticed that the CEL does not come on when the car is started, so I checked the cluster and the bulb was taken out, so I decided to check the codes on the ECU and it is giving me code 9 ( CYP Cylinder sensor) and code 17 VSS, is there an easy way to fix code 9 ?? I have searched and found nothing on the fix, I dont know why the previous owner didnt convert to OBD1, but I guess he was not thinking, if anyone could please help me with the code 9 fix that would be awesome!! the motor is a b18b1 if that matters ?

Thanks
Thomas
Old 09-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdrmotorsports
Hay Vectorsolid, nice stuff. It looks familiar, did you visit the JDR Motorsports garage Monday night?
Yep. not a lot of people in the "406" know it, but our man James over in Great Falls is doing big things with the NASA Honda challenge at the Miller motorsport park racing in the prestigious H2 category. And down at the High Plains Raceway in Colorado. With this cool-*** "EF" they built right there in his garage. This car looks crazy badass in person. Sits low and looks mean. I like it! (just waiting for my chance to drive it...)

There's some tire "swirlies" on the passenger side from some 120mph "rubbing". Not many of us will ever get the chance to earn a set of those. Coolest part on the car in my estimation. Along with the ding in the splitter up front. you don't get those from cruising main street. Wait a second, this is Montana, you can get a ding like that from cruising main street... but you get the idea.

Heck I don't even need to race it, even down to Town Pump for a Slurpee and some hard parking at Kmart would be good for me.

Last edited by vectorsolid; 09-24-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Congrats Jonathan, heard thru the 'vine on the addition and I don't have you number to throw ya a text. Hope all is healthy and well!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, Everyone give Jonathon a big congrats! Early yesterday morning he and his wife added another member to the "pit crew"!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It is true guys my wife and I did add another member to our crew. We welcomed Kensey Jane Wiome on the morning of Sept 24!!

Thanks
Old 09-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EGJDM
It is true guys my wife and I did add another member to our crew. We welcomed Kensey Jane Wiome on the morning of Sept 24!!

Thanks
congrats!

Now you get to buy one of those cool Sparco baby seats!! Or if it were me and my impaired way of justifying "anything", I'd say you'd better get some parts ordered and start building her a boosted car for college...
Old 09-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey johnathan congrats buddy!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

congrats johnathon very very exciting
Old 09-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got the suspension on!!
Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looks good!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks much better without the monster truck lift and "bling-dawgin" wheels!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

agreed, looks way better than before
Old 09-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well, wish us luck, off to represent the 406 at Battle of the imports again... *ugh* tired of driving to Oregon...
Old 10-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 94DCTeg
in need of some help from all you honda pros, ... I picked up a DA for 150 dollars, the body is actually in good condition, anyways I drove the car and it drives fine, the car has adjustable cam gears, cams(not sure the brand) header and exhaust, anyways, I cleaned up the car a little and noticed that the CEL does not come on when the car is started, so I checked the cluster and the bulb was taken out, so I decided to check the codes on the ECU and it is giving me code 9 ( CYP Cylinder sensor) and code 17 VSS, is there an easy way to fix code 9 ?? I have searched and found nothing on the fix, I dont know why the previous owner didnt convert to OBD1, but I guess he was not thinking, if anyone could please help me with the code 9 fix that would be awesome!! the motor is a b18b1 if that matters ?

Thanks
Thomas
I'd get a new distributor, but it will cost as much as your car lol. I had a code 9 on my wagon when the distribtor started to die on me. 227,000 miles, it was bound to die sometime.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vectorsolid
well, wish us luck, off to represent the 406 at Battle of the imports again... *ugh* tired of driving to Oregon...

Good Luck guys!!! Let us know how you guys do
Old 10-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jdmsolutions
skyler dont let me forget i still have the sleeves to the coils i sold you, or did i already give em too you?
there on already haha
Old 10-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dyno76
Good Luck guys!!! Let us know how you guys do
BATTLE OF THE IMPORTS

What a fiasco.... after 80+ hours of driving, nearly 4300 miles.

Red pump gas EG. I was STOKED to make a decent pass with the new transmission and tune... Blew the clutch and who knows what else IN THE WATER BOX... never even got to make a pass with it. Pre-loaded, put the gas to the floor let out the clutch and that was that. Car made 450 on 91 octane pump gas at 17psi. VERY disappointing I didn't get to make a pass. It happens. would have been better had it happened here though. Air was AWESOME out there.

Hot rod car. Ran it in Pro-import. I cannot tell you how excited I was to run it with the new setup. We dyno'd it at 15psi and it went 630. That's what I was going to do my first passes with to see how it all held together, then we'd throw more at it. All new fuel system, mani, turbo, differential etc. we bumped it to 27psi for the first pass, figuring "what the hell, this is the big show". I'm gonna guess it was near 750 at 27psi (and it's ready to take close to 50psi). MAN, that's some ***** you got to get used to. everything about that kind of power compared to the 550-600 I'd been running it at was WAY different. The way it burned out, what tire pressure, everything was different. Gotta learn it all over and find out what the car wants to see. It's the same shell, it's not the same car, at all.

Got loose as crap in the shut down and I smoked the rear tires and got a bit sideways (didn't toss the chute). I think I'm going to pull the rear brakes off completely for safety in the shut down. More guys doing that. just use them for staging. I've driven some rat rod cars around town with only front brakes, if I didn't tell you, you wouldn't even know if you were driving it.

I'm the first guy to run in the left lane after an oil down... LOVELY... with a junk 1.8 sixty foot, missed 3rd twice, fell completely off boost by the time I got it back in, and was ALL OVER the top end of the track loose bouncing the limiter, side to side almost crossed the center line, it ran a 10.2@150. Would have been a solid mid nine near 160.. MAN... what a bummer. even with spinning so bad, missing 3rd for so long and falling off boost, the 1/8th time was still 6.8@112. I can't even imagine what it would have been with traction, good shifts, and staying on boost. and that was on 25 inch M&H tires. If I dog box it (which I have to now), I'm going to 26's. If I front half the car this winter I'm gonna dump the 26's run 28's. shoulda, woulda, coulda.... it's going to be a long winter, wondering "WHAT IF"?????

James comes over to me after the first pass and asks, "did you shift as soon as the shift light came on?", I said "Dude, the shift light was on THE WHOLE PASS... it never went out, I just guessed and shifted." ...lol...

Second pass. Lower the tire pressure and take some timing outta first so it doesn't blow the tires off so bad. I shell the transmission on the 1-2 shift, and that was the end of the weekend.

all that work, all that time... I don't get to have my 9 to help make the long winter that much shorter.

I've been trying to stay about 1 year behind Kevin Kempfs car on technology to let them iron out the "bleeding edge" technology and I'd learn what to do with less "fail" involved. I was hoping to get through most of next season learning the new setup before I had to go to a dog box. I think that schedule has been pushed up a bit.

In the last 7 passes, I've had 3 trans failures. cracked a diff, cracked a case, blew gears out, broke a 5.9 axle. It's true what they say, Stock tranny is really about done at 700whp. Let that be your guide.

Got to watch the Sipes brothers all motor car run a 10.58. They are REALLY close to a national record, nobody is in the 10.3's yet in that class. CRAZY POWER! Several Pro-import guys running in the 8's MAN, that's some cool stuff. garage 808 and Kaizenspeed putting up some numbers!!. Speedfactory Outlaw car pushed a head gasket and they were out. They're trying to get ready for Englishtown this weekend in NEW JERSEY!!! now THAT is a tow. They want to see if they can put up a decent showing for the pacific northwest out on the Eastcoast. Be awesome to watch Miller and Tony and a bunch of those super fast guys in person. I'd love to see that event. Can you imagine making a pass in our beloved little hondas and seeing full grandstands on each side of the track? with people that actually want to see import racing. MAN, that would be cool.

It's just so cool to be at an event where we're Normal, and not the dumbass import guys. It's neat to be around so many cars that look like our cars. Rows of modded EF's, EG's, EK's, Rex's, Supras, all of them giving big respect to each other. I think there were 5-6 V8 dudes there doing some time onlys. it was neat to be the norm, rather than the oddity for a change.

I like that event. Strong sense of community, no egos, and everybody there helping everybody do their best. We all break stuff and know what the other guys are up against. I'm really impressed with all the young guns I see out there. Good people, helping other good people do whatever it took so you could get your best pass in. It's not so much about winning or losing. It's truly more about everybody getting together to help each other get their best pass. Very good community spirit.

Last edited by vectorsolid; 10-04-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Montana MT 406 unOfficial Page