Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8

Originally Posted by vduffney
I have had good luck with Speedfactory. The only time I have been in Fastlane2 the guy just sat there. I have since started buying and selling parts on my own out of my home shop. Would folks (other than buddies) go to a home startup for parts? Can a guy survive on selling parts alone? I get frustrated when the shops have no parts on hand and it always needs to be ordered. I can order parts online and generally get it quicker. I have been trying to decide whether it would be profitable to have a parts store with no repair or install service. However have a great selection with inventory at a reasonable price. Thoughts?
Shops make money by installing. I wouldn't expect good profit margins on parts alone considering it's fairly easy to get parts now days.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:45 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8

imagine for a second that we didnt shop online, the part selling business is pretty simple.

just like window tinting,

you open your shop, now how many more shops are gonna pop out in your area as competitors within a year or two because its an easy business to get into.
competition is highest in the business that doesnt require edjumcation...
car stereo installers, mechanics, online stores( look how many of those we got and they all sell same things for same prices, just have different webpages) theres only a few warehouses supplying all those stores. so essentially you are buying from same place just using different middlemen
Old 04-10-2012, 10:11 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

2012 bump
Old 01-04-2013, 05:44 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

2013 bump
any more shops in the game?
Old 01-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Puget Sound area, SpeedFactory
Easter Washington/Tri-Cties area, KaizenSpeed

Keep simple, do it right.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

It seems Fluid is out of business.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:43 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

what you guys think about richtuned it hasnt been mentioned here much .
he tuned my car and i hear alot of great things about him so far.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Track Forged is at their new location now. Great guys, BEST shop in the NW by far!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redboost10
Track Forged is at their new location now. Great guys, BEST shop in the NW by far!!!
I dont believe they're local to a lot of people who were posting in here, but would be a good place for those who live a little further down south.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys, I'm looking to get an engine built in the near future and I need a shop to get the labor done.

I have either ASP in Auburn/Kent and Rich Tuned in Auburn, I live in Kent some they're both pretty close.

I have never dealt with ASP other than one of their guys swapped my engine under the table, and I had experience with Rich Tuned that they swapped a turbo kit, and did a dyno tune. The ASP guy did a good job, nothing was wrong AFAIK, one complaint with Rich Tuned was that the welding on the down pipe they fabricated for me is crooked I don't know if it's robbing me of power, but I don't like it (probably let ASP to fab up a down pipe anyways)

So I am asking if you guys has any experience with these two shops building/celaning/assembling an engine. I heard they do great tunes, but I am unsure of their "engine work."

Thanks

(I'll build another thread just in case)