Notices
Northern California North of Fresno

Hondata Dealer: Driving Ambition in Cameron Park, CA - Customer feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hondata Dealer: Driving Ambition in Cameron Park, CA - Customer feedback?

I'm getting close to having my car back together and need to get to a Hondata dealer, the closest reputable "looking" dealer is Driving Ambitions.

Can someone who has been there, had their car dynoed and tuned there, comment on the shop, results and bang for the buck? If you heard your friend's brother's uncle went there and it was "good" - that's too far from the tree!

I went through 94 results here on HT and all I found about them were references to one of the owners running a modded NSX.

Needing dyno time and Hondata tune on this motor soon and the next motor whenever I finish it up.

Thank you! Cheers.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:46 AM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hondata Dealer: Driving Ambition in Cameron Park, CA - Customer feedback?

they do a lot of work on nsx's, s2k's, and other exotics. i believe they also used to tune comptech's race cars.

i hit them up about a year ago for a tune but it was just a little too expensive for my blood. overall i did get a nice warm and fuzzy when talking to them though.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon4 Re: Hondata Dealer: Driving Ambition in Cameron Park, CA - Customer feedback?

Originally Posted by doood
they do a lot of work on nsx's, s2k's, and other exotics. i believe they also used to tune comptech's race cars.

i hit them up about a year ago for a tune but it was just a little too expensive for my blood. overall i did get a nice warm and fuzzy when talking to them though.
Hey doood,

Thanks for the reply. Yea the website says they moved in to a 6000 sq ft building - my first thought as a small business owner was "that's gonna need a lot of rent!" = pricey

Anybody else been there?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:42 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hondata Dealer: Driving Ambition in Cameron Park, CA - Customer feedback?

if i could afford their work at this time with my current build i'd love to hit them up. Shad is a great tuner from what i hear.

but, as it is my current tuner did a great job for me last time and gave me a hell of a price break.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I spoke to Shad today, and he was very open and suggested a safer approach that saves me money until we know what we have.

That was a good way to build trust. I will post up when I got out there and get some pics too. First trip will be dyno and tune what I have now.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Haven't heard anything bad bout them. Keep us posted, we are here if ya have other questions Casey is my partner. We've built a reputation as they have too. Good Luck
Ike
www.EngTuning.com
EngiNetiks Tuning and Fabrication
Old 08-12-2013, 10:17 AM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by izzles01
Haven't heard anything bad bout them. Keep us posted, we are here if ya have other questions Casey is my partner. We've built a reputation as they have too. Good Luck
Ike
www.EngTuning.com
EngiNetiks Tuning and Fabrication

^ +1 Casey is one of the best tuners in the area for Hondas.

Will you guys touch a S200?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea we still will touch them, they still work let us know...
Ike