Notices

1997 Honda Prelude for sale or trade.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Honda Prelude for sale or trade.

Price lowered.

If you're interested in my car, please read the whole description. It takes a lot of time to make something this accurate, so dont let it go to waste. Nearly every question you could ask has been answered.

If you're not interested, the least you could do is help me out with a bump. I'd really appreciate it.

Up for sale is my 1997 BB6 Flamenco Black Pearl Honda Prelude

[Factory Amenities]
Power Mirrors
Power sunroof (fully functional with no leaks)
Hot Heat
Power Windows
Power Locks
Air Conditioning - Blows cold!
Power Steering
Cruise control

Valid NJ Inspection until June 2008.

[Engine]
Internally Stock H22a4
Authentic Mugen Header
Weapon R Intake

[Transmission]
No grinds at all. Smooth shifting.
Clutch grabs good and doesnt slip

[Suspension]
Stock and comfortable.

[Wheels/ Tires]
17x7½ 5Zigen Copse.
Kumho Ecsta 711 tires @ 95% Tread

[Brakes]
Unknown Brand Slotted Rotors (front) (01/06)
New front pads (01/06)
New rear pads (01/07)

[Alarm]
Alpine SEC-8058

[Interior]
OEM Optional Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
JDM Fog light switch

[Exterior]
OEM Optional Spoiler
JDM Fog Lights

[Stereo]
Professionally installed:
Sony CDX-M750 Head Unit
Diamond Audio 6½" Components
JL Audio VR-690-6X 6x9s
Rockford Fosgate 400 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier

[Miscellaneous Maintainence]
Full Timing Belt Job including all service belts done at 114,000 miles at VIP Honda in New Jersey
Rebuilt Rear Passenger caliper (10/06)
NGK Plug wires (10/06)
NGK V-Power (Coppers) Spark Plugs (10/06)
Wheels Balanced (1/07)

[Miscellaneous Mods]
6500k Hella Euro R HIDs
Spoon Sports Strut Tower Bar
License Plate Relocator
Razo Shift ****
Razo Pedals

[Extras]
Greddy Catback Exhaust (uninstalled)
Stock Prelude Wheels in Good Condition with Brand New Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3 snow tires. Size 205/55/VR16

[Known Problems]
One 5Zigen rim is slightly bent, I'm looking into getting this fixed. Shaking occurs at 65+ MPH. Below this, you cannot tell.

[Exterior Description]
Less than average amount of dings and dents for a nine year old car. Except for one large (Approx 12" x 3") dent at the start of the drivers side quarter panel next to the drivers door. It is the cars only negative. Garage kept all its life, so you know what that means: Yep, zero rust. Paint shines pretty damn nice too.

I have been quoted $500 to completely fix it at a local body shop.

[Interior Description]
107% Mint. No wear or tears in the seats. Non-smoker and I absolutely refuse to let any of my friends smoke in the car. It truly doesnt look like anyone ever sat in the car.

[Overview]
Simply put, the car is great. I picked this up about three months ago from a 31 year old Male. It was his commuter car throughout the state of New Jersey. He is employed as an auditor and has two other vehicles, one being an 02 BMW M3 and an older Range Rover. I'm inclined to actually believe they are highway miles like the guy told me as opposed to simply saying they are. The owner gave me all the paperwork he could find for it. Including oil change receipts for nearly the whole life of the car. 12,000-125,000 miles are documented. Car currently has 131,500 miles. Car has had the transmission fluid changed, the radiator flushed, power steering fluid changed all while having the oil changed. He told me the car was nearly exclusively serviced at VIP Honda in New Jersey, records prove this. I have documentation of the car passing emissions testing in Virginia earlier this year when he lived there for a short amount of time (3 months) as well as the original temporary license plate. He was unable to find the Owners Manual, the original sticker sheet and other misc. papers. What I do have is enough to prove the car was taken care of very well in my opinion.

I really wish I could say some more negatives about the car, but there arent any. It always starts right up on the first turn, quickly warms up and is ready to go. No smoking, no jumpy idle, no CELs. Unlike some people, who just cant resist hitting vtec on a daily basis twenty times...I dont care to. I have gone more than a week without ever passing 4,500 RPM. I know I cant be the only one who drives like a grandma to and from their destination. I shift at 3,000-3,500 around town as I'm currently unemployed and 93 Octane is expensive when you're not working. Premium gasoline has been exclusively used by myself and the previous owner. This is barely my daily driver. I've driven it roughly 2000 miles since I've purchased the car. Mainly trips to the Poconos of Pennsylvania to visit my girlfriend who is 130 miles away.

[Accidents?]
This car was involved in two light accidents. One in 1998 and one in 2002. One in the rear and one in the front. Bad luck but the guy had someone stop short in front of him once and someone knocked into his rear at a light on the other incident. Parts were replaced with genuine OEM Honda parts. Bumpers, passenger fender and lights. Car <u>does have a clean title.</u> Absolutely no frame damage. <u>I have the carfax available for viewing.</u> Other than the two minor collisions, it is squeaky clean. Ask me for it, I'll be glad to email you it.

[Contact Information]
sn = rainxrainxdownx
email = wompwomp61[at]aol[dot com]
PM me for my phone number

Due to theft reasons, I will not show the car at my residence. I will happily meet you somewhere local to me. I'm not going to waste my time and gas to meet up with you if you're far and not serious. There is absolutely nothing to hide about the car, and if you want me to drive an hour please be ready to buy the car.

[Price]
$7,000 or best offer. I believe it is a fair price due to whats included. There's a full greddy catback exhaust in addition to the OEM exhaust currently on there, a real Mugen header which retails for $1,100 brand new from King Motorsports (the only authorized Mugen distributor) a nice two inch stack of paperwork, stock rims with some of the best performance snow tires you can buy which retail for $111.00 each. (Look them up if you dont believe me) It was a one owner, adult owned car and that says A LOT.

I MAY be willing to take off certain things to lower the price.

Please understand that by no means do I need to sell the car. This is my sixth car in under 2½ years and my fourth Honda. I get bored quickly. My last car was a mint 1993 Civic Si with a JDM B16a and ITR trans. I kept it two months. The current owner was happy with the car until he sold off the swap for a k20. To date, I've sold two other cars thanks to Honda-Tech...the other a 1990 Integra. Want to talk to the two who bought my cars to find out if I'm honest and reputable or not? Simple ask me for their HT usernames.

<U>No flaming of the price, you will be reported to mods. Its a for sale thread, not GDD.</U>

[Trades]
CRXs, Del Sols, EG Hatchbacks and Sedans, 94+ Integras. Luxury cars are cool, too. Pretty much open to anything. It needs to be in comparable condition to my car.

I do not have money to put on top, so do not ask. Your car and cash is ideal and what I'm really trying to get at.

[Lowballers, Flakers]
Please, please do not waste my time..if you shoot me an obnoxiously low offer. Remember, I dont need to sell the car.

[Pictures]
Click to enlarge. If you want me to take a picture of anything specific, please dont hesitate to ask.

Car was just hand washed in the pics. No waxing was done, yet. Just soap, water and a towel dry. No photoshopping. What you see is what you get.

The front bumper has a gap that is my doing. I had to take off the bumper to put the license plate relocator on, since it was solely me working on it and a bumper is a pain in the *** to put back on straight I gave up because my back gave out. Before I did this, it had no gap.

The size of the dent is difficult to see in the pictures. To be honest, the pictures make it look a lot worse. If you are interested in the car and are okay with how it looks in the pics, then I guarantee you'll be happy with it in person. Black is a funny color and from certain angles the dent looks worse...it looks a lot smaller in real life because it is. Take into account that there are factory body indentations in the area of the dent...compare it to the passenger side.

Shot of the Mugen badge on the header.

Shot of the spoon marking on the strut bar.

Drivers front rim.

Drivers rear rim.

Passenger front rim.

Passenger rear rim.

As if you couldnt tell, the rims are extremely dirty. The lip has dirt caked onto it. I need to take some time to clean it, but its really difficult to do because of a bad back.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: 1997 Honda Prelude for sale or trade. (Damet)

maybe i'm too descriptive?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wasnt someone else selling this car ? already well bump anyways
Old 01-16-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: 1997 Honda Prelude for sale or trade. (boostedblkef)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedblkef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wasnt someone else selling this car ? already well bump anyways </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, . M i c h a el AKA me.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:41 PM

Old 03-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1997 Honda Prelude for sale or trade. (. D a m e t)

So i guess this is you car. And the other thread was from a friend of yours. Im very interested. By any any chance would you want to Trade for a 02 Trailblazer LTZ, it is extremely clean. Low miles