Notices
Motorcycles Motorcycles and motorcycle parts for sale

NC 1998 TL1000R Streetfighter FS/FT

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 TL1000R Streetfighter FS/FT

For sale is my 1998 Suzuki TL1000R. I have owned the bike since august, but did not register or insure it in my name until this February, mainly just to put some miles on the bike and make sure there were no major problems in its operation. The previous owner did lay the bike down, but the damage mainly was taken by the exhaust, which is slightly dented and scraped up so it still has a clean title. I replaced the gas tank with one off a 2001 TLR, as the original had a pin hole in the seam and slowly leaked, it was just easier to replace. At this time i also had the bke painted flat black (one of my favorite colors) just so i didnt have a multi colored bike, its not the best job but i figured most buyers would repaint anyways. I was originally trying to sell the bike in Jan. because it was hard to start, when it wouldn’t sell I tore down the motor and discovered that the front rod bearing had begun to spin, a common problem with these bikes due to oil starvation primarily. I then bought a complete, unmolested motor out of a bike in Tennessee and that is currently in the bike and running like a charm, although it could use a valve adjustment. The original motor is disassembled, and I have purchased a new OEM SV1000 crank and rods, which is a direct bolt in for the TLR and considered an upgrade. All the motor needs is a seal kit and it can be put back together without an issue. The bike has been streetfightered, mainly because I have a bad back and being bent over the tank makes riding almost unejoyable. I do have all the stock fairings, headlight, etc. The only thing missing is the clip ons. Bike runs like a top, hasn’t given me any problems yet, fires right up whether cold or hot. Could use 2 inch longer throttle cables but they work as is now, just a little tight with the higher bars.

Upgrades:
Power Commander
Yoshimura RS-3 Full exhaust
Joe V airbox mod
TRE
Clear Clutch Housing
Pair valve Removal
-1 Front Sprocket
Braided clutch line
TLS front fender
Relocated Battery and starting relay

Recent maintenance:
New Chain
New Plugs
Fresh oil Change
Newer Tires taken off a wrecked bike
Brand New Battery

Im looking to get 3500$ for the bike, or will trade for a dirt bike plus cash. The bike is retarded fast, and me being a previous mx'er is seemingly heavy to me. I might trade her for an enduro or supermoto, or something that with a little bit of work i can throw on the street. Im not interested in junk, as i have a 2004 Service honda CR500AF project right now as well (also for sale), nor am i willing to add any money in with my bike. Im primarily interested in 2002 or newer cr250's, preferably 2005 or newer. Also EXETREMELY interested in 94-96 KTM 550 MXC 2 strokes. Shoot me an email if you have any other dirt bikes, enduros, or supermoto's you think i might be interested in. Good bike to get on the road with, and priced right with a clean NC title. Comes with all stock parts that ive taken off, an organizer filled with random bolts etc, and a box of random stuff as well a tuperware container filled with all the labeled, dissassembled engine parts. You can see a video of the bike running at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W636iHnxbo text me at 6zero7 7five9 0zero3six or email me. Thanks!
Attached Images