Notices
Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

Body shop in Chicago?

Old 09-21-2015, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body shop in Chicago?

I figured the appearance of my car needs addressing. It's got the dreaded quarter panel rust on the right side (extreme bubbling) and the other side was hit by another car, chipping the paint and exposing the metal. It's only a matter of time before that begins to rust.

Anyway, I don't have much body work experience and I don't have the tools necessary for the job (grinder wheel and bondo and stuff) so I figured it would be cheaper to have a body shop do the work.

My question is, have any of you Chicagoan drivers had body work done and if so where? I expect to have a $1000 budget for all the rusting issues (I could care less about the paint).
Old 09-21-2015, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Body shop in Chicago?

Gold Coast Auto Body at 900 W Divison did my EK paint job over 10 years ago and it's holding up strong. The paint still looks great if/when I wash it. They also did the quarter panel inserts on my EG and they came out great so I can vouch for quality and experience in that arena. I'll probably go to them when the EK is ready for a color change. Ask for Mitch.

If you're in the Northwest Suburbs I'd hit up Tim's Auto Body in Addison. They're a small shop with great quality. I've had friends take their cars there with awesome results. Ask for Tommy.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Body shop in Chicago?

Excellent! Thanks for the tips!