Notices
Mid-Atlantic (Sales) VA, DC, and MD

FS: 2002 Civic Si EP3 in MD- 2nd owner, great condition, <159k miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2002 Civic Si EP3 in MD- 2nd owner, great condition, <159k miles

Update 8/09/17- ****NEW PRICE- $3,200 FIRM**** This weekend only! As is, not Maryland inspected

*This price is for the car as it is right now, please see below for the specific things it needs to pass MD inspection*
I would be willing to have the work done for a serious buyer, but please note that the asking price would be pretty much firm if I were to do that, thank you.

I am selling my beloved, very clean, very well cared for 2002 Honda Civic Si aka EP3, I am the 2nd owner of the car. I bought it from the original owner back in March of 2003 and have owned it for the last 14+ years. It has only been adult owned and driven, never abused, raced, etc, I am a bit older and know full well this is obviously no race car and have always driven and treated it accordingly.

It currently has 159,xxx miles on it, I daily drive it on & off so the miles will creep up accordingly. The car has been very well taken care of overall, I know pictures speak louder than words so please take a look at the pictures below and judge for yourself. I have maintained it mechanically and cosmetically with the intention of owning it indefinitely, and I am only selling now due to some upcoming life changes, namely relocating out of state and the need to simplify and finally go back to having just 1 car again (I’ve always had 2 cars since I bought the EP back in 2003). Please see the list of issues, mods, etc outlined below and feel free to ask any questions.

I had the car Maryland state inspected on 7/22/17, and it will need the following to pass:

-window tint removed, it was tinted back in 2003 at 35% (the legal amount in MD), but it is wrinkled/cracked on the front passenger and rear windows, so they told me it will need to be removed because of this
-passenger side front lower ball joint, I had both front lower ball joints replaced 4 years ago
-all 4 sway bar end links (front & rear)
That's it!

Now for "the bad" list:

-1st the obvious/expected- there are some relatively minor scrapes, dings, blemishes, etc, actually less than you would probably suspect on a 15 year old car with over 150k miles (I don’t feel than any of them are even noticeable enough to warrant taking pictures though)

-A/C just stopped working, it has always worked great until this summer, have not had it looked at yet so not sure if it would need a simple recharge or a compressor, etc

-the car has been the victim of 2 minor hit and run type accidents in the past 6-7 years, both happened while the car was parked, and both damaged the rear of the car; I believe the 1st was around $800-900 worth of damage and the 2nd around $500. Both were professionally repaired.

-the driver’s side door has been repainted, it was like this when I bought it but I did not even notice it, I don’t recall finding any records of an accident or damage when I bought it from the original owner, and I believe he may have repainted it himself or at least had it done “off the record” (he was a mechanic); this is only noticeable in certain lighting conditions if you’re looking for it, and I’ve never noticed any other issues related to this but I just wanted to be sure to mention it in an effort to be as transparent as possible

-it is currently showing a ‘P0420’ CEL, this has been intermittent for several years now, and I have replaced both of the O2 sensors in the cat in the past 3-4 years; it has stayed off for long periods of time but has been on more consistently lately, and has been coming back on within a 100 miles or so now after being turned off; it did pass emissions just last Sept (guess I got lucky..?). Gas mileage is very consistent at around 30-32mpg.

-the only area of faded paint/ clearcoat peeling is on the top of the aftermarket rear spoiler (see pic), I still have the original factory rear spoiler that I will include

-there are a few small splits in the driver's seat (see pic), and a (very)small hole on the front passenger seat

The car does have some light mods, nothing extravagant or flashy, trendy, etc, I tried to keep it mostly functional, mature and tasteful

-Injen SRI

-Tein H Techs springs (about 2 years old), Tokico shocks & struts, on 16" Rota Torques w/2 year old all-season (70k mile rated) General tires

-RSX type s rear sway bar 19mm, generic rear strut tower bar

-various other small additions/mods: Neuspeed short shift adapter, aluminum shifter bushings, amber side markers, Hawk pads w/ss lines, etc

Also, I have all records, receipts, etc since the car was new. Again, please feel free to ask me any questions you may have, and if you are seriously interested in the car I will do my best to accommodate meeting up at a convenient time & location in the Baltimore/ DC areas, so you can check it out and drive it. I'd like to keep the "will you take $ xxxx" mostly hypothetical offers to a minimum if possible. If after checking it out you think you're interested, then we can talk price, I am willing to negotiate of course.

Thanks for looking, now for the pics...

driver's seat

rear spoiler

Last edited by dbl-htch; 08-09-2017 at 10:15 AM. Reason: add pics