Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

Retrofitting Denjis

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retrofitting Denjis

Does anybody have a write-up along with pictures on how to retrofit TSX HIDs onto EG Denji headlights? I know there's a bunch of write ups already on how to retrofit HIDs, but I couldn't fine any for Denji headlights. If there's none, then that's cool. I just wanted to know if there is one.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Retrofitting Denjis

All retrofitting is pretty much the same. it's just about making sure you mount the projectors correctly so that the beam is straight
Old 04-18-2009, 02:38 PM

I have been doing a lot of research but, could not find real sources on the retrofit. I have the 3rd Gen Denji's so the bracket is harder to make and come from scratch. The 1st gens I heard are VERY easy since they come with a bracket that you can modify to fit the new projectors without any hard efforts.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You basically just re-use the brackets from the denji projectors. Striker had a write up with pics. Now Im not positive of this, but the Evo 8 + 9 projectors "should" screw right to those gold color brackets. The 3rd gen Denjis are basically a copy of most late 90's early 2000 Stanley halogen projectors, the Evos are an HID version of that design.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by e46civic
You basically just re-use the brackets from the denji projectors. Striker had a write up with pics. Now Im not positive of this, but the Evo 8 + 9 projectors "should" screw right to those gold color brackets. The 3rd gen Denjis are basically a copy of most late 90's early 2000 Stanley halogen projectors, the Evos are an HID version of that design.
The 3rd Gen Denji's does not come with the "gold" brackets. The brackets that come with the 3rd Gen are molded in place with the projector so, what I did was dremeled the bracket off to make it my own. So far it is coming out "ok" but, we'll see how the end results are.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you aure you dont have 1st or 2nd gen? The projector in those has the bracket built in. The 1st has a fluted H3 high beam. 2nd has a city light and a clear 9005 high beam. As far as I knew 3rd had the gold bracket and a bunch of ebay copies. Im using 2nd, which is identical to the 1st. I find them super easy to retro.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:16 AM

Are you aure you dont have 1st or 2nd gen? The projector in those has the bracket built in. The 1st has a fluted H3 high beam. 2nd has a city light and a clear 9005 high beam. As far as I knew 3rd had the gold bracket and a bunch of ebay copies. Im using 2nd, which is identical to the 1st. I find them super easy to retro.
I'm more than positive that mine did not come with the gold brackets and such. I have been doing A LOT of reasearch to get this done the easy way but, couldn't do that. So I made custom brackets myself and it's coming out great. Here are pics:

I took the TSX lens off just in case I might damage it or scratch it. But, here you can see the brackets that I made for it. The best part about this is that I am still able to utilize OEM adjustability!

Last edited by gs_rbaby; 04-22-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: add
Old 04-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you have pictures of the original projector that came in the headlight, maybe I can give some extra ideas. Ive re-retroed mine 3x.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:43 PM

Do you have pictures of the original projector that came in the headlight, maybe I can give some extra ideas. Ive re-retroed mine 3x.
Hmm...I don't have any pics, I dumped them after many attempts trying to use them as a salvagable part. But, they are no use since I dremeled the bracket off from the projector housing itself. I tried using different methods to make that bracket work for me but, no luck, just got more frustrations than anything else.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They're not denji lights but the basics for the retro are there

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/eg-projector-hid-retrofit-1213676/
Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by egab
They're not denji lights but the basics for the retro are there

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1213676
"Are you telling me that the headlights I have are NOT Denji?" I believe and I am VERY sure that Denji makes several different appilications and different models of headlights for the EG. I just didn't want the "Halo" lights cause it just draws too much attention and looks VERY tacky.
There are a few bugs that I have too fix, then everything should be in order.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gs_rbaby
"Are you telling me that the headlights I have are NOT Denji?" I believe and I am VERY sure that Denji makes several different appilications and different models of headlights for the EG. I just didn't want the "Halo" lights cause it just draws too much attention and looks VERY tacky.
There are a few bugs that I have too fix, then everything should be in order.
I was refering to the headlights in the thread I posted a link to.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is a GT-B legacy projector, but the idea is the exact same as the Denji. You cut off the lens holder area about 5/16" from the mounting tabs. Flip it over and swap the adj clip thingies. The right headlight will now be the left bracket and vice versa. After that its just drilling holes and getting the cutoff level. Ive used Sc430s, then FXs, now LR3s on the same bracket.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:04 PM

This is a GT-B legacy projector, but the idea is the exact same as the Denji. You cut off the lens holder area about 5/16" from the mounting tabs. Flip it over and swap the adj clip thingies. The right headlight will now be the left bracket and vice versa. After that its just drilling holes and getting the cutoff level. Ive used Sc430s, then FXs, now LR3s on the same bracket.
I tried this method but, the screws where the bracket meets the TSX projectors was not sufficient enough to get close enough to the headlight lens nor the black housing itself. So I used custom brackets to give it enough play room to adjust the light if need be.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:45 PM

I made a thread a few years back
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/full-headlight-retrofit-relay-harness-aftermarket-headlight-1938153/
Old 04-24-2009, 08:46 PM

final product,
Old 04-25-2009, 04:55 AM

Check out my other DIY. This might help you as it looks like the same bracket...
You might have to do L brackets if that other bracket doesn't fit.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...t=tyc+retrofit
Old 04-25-2009, 05:42 AM

See, it's been done before. You didn't do enough research
Old 04-25-2009, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by denshu
Check out my other DIY. This might help you as it looks like the same bracket...
You might have to do L brackets if that other bracket doesn't fit.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...t=tyc+retrofit
I see your point but, this isn't the same headlights that I am using. I was hoping that there would be someone who had the same exact headlight as mine. I'll look into that if need be, thanks.

Originally Posted by striker_18
See, it's been done before. You didn't do enough research
I don't know what you're talking about, "didn't do enough research?" I have looked at your DIY link and the one mentioned above and they didn't do me much good to what I was really looking for. Your DIY helped on making my own custom brackets and that was pretty much it. I took my own measurements and went from there. If I had the same brackets you had utilized from your DIY post, then I wouldn't be posting this thread in the first place thus, posting up pics of "MY" current progress. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:15 PM

it is called DIY because the process on doing this project, it will vary from person to person. This isn't an exact science but a way to help you through it with ease. Do you think myself or others had any knowledge prior of doing this type of project?
Old 04-25-2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by striker_18
it is called DIY because the process on doing this project, it will vary from person to person. This isn't an exact science but a way to help you through it with ease. Do you think myself or others had any knowledge prior of doing this type of project?
I understand that completely. But, please don't jump to conclusion saying that I didn't do enough research when I have. This is MY 1st time doing this and I was looking for help and guidelines not, negative comments. If your going to keep the negative comments coming, I'd prefer you to keep them to yourself and keep out of this thread. Thx.

Anyhow, here is the final touches of my project on my car:

Last edited by gs_rbaby; 04-25-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:22 PM

Here are some shots of the cutoff...they're decent I guess because my camera isn't the best but, not sharp as I expected. Any advise?

Edit: I also ordered a pair of TSX-R from Matt as well so those will be coming in soon!

Old 04-26-2009, 05:28 AM

Nice work, what method did you end up using mouting the projector up?
Your driver side seem to be a tiny bit off in the horizontal adjustment area.
Looks good though!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by denshu
Nice work, what method did you end up using mouting the projector up?
Your driver side seem to be a tiny bit off in the horizontal adjustment area.
Looks good though!
I ended up using and making my own brackets like the above pics. They work fine but, I am thinking of opening them back up once I get the TSX-R Lens and making a new bracket again. Yeah, I know that my driver side is off a bit, it seems like my driver side doesn't light up as bright as my passenger side for some reason. Any ideas?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Beam overlap makes the pass side seem brighter. Are the fogs stock? Its VERY easy to retro IS300 9006 fogs in their place, they are a lot better.

Quick Reply: Retrofitting Denjis