Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

Lights flicker/pulse... at a loss

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 06:13 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights flicker/pulse... at a loss

1995 LX Civic.

I initially noticed my tail lights and license plate lights would flicker/pulse continuously. Then realized my interior lights (every light) flickers/pulses also.
I checked the fuse under the dash and all is good there.
Then I realized that my headlights and city lights flicker/pulse too (not on same fuse as other lights). So then I began to think that maybe it's my alternator on it's way out.

Tonight I went to leave work, lights were flickering. It was a little cold outside so I slid my climate control fan speed from "Off" to "1", rpms dropped for a split second and the flickering slowed down, rpms returned to proper idle. Then switched to fan speed "2" and all lights instantly stopped flickering/pulsing completely.

I am at a total loss on what is going on and why it is doing this. I haven't checked my alternator yet, but the fact that the fan speed "solves" the problem is very odd!!

Any input/insight on this?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lights flicker/pulse... at a loss

I had a problem like this in my 2000 Subaru forester and I replaced the battery thinking that was it and 2 days later was still having trouble even with the optima battery I purchased. Went to my local parts store to have my alternator tested and found out I was running on only battery. So I would have your alternator tested. Hope this helps resolve you issue.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Lights flicker/pulse... at a loss

Also, check your grounds! and Battery Terminals to make sure they are good and tight.