Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

JDM ITR Wiring Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM ITR Wiring Questions

Hey fellas. I have a 97 Integra RS that has had an JDM front conversion. Who ever had this car before or who ever did the conversion (what ever the situation) rigged some after market HID ballasts and bulbs to run the headlights. The headlight bulbs are correct but the stock head light harness has been hacked, spliced, split, cut, etc, to accept the power and ground wires coming off each HID ballast. As far as the front, the only lights that work are the head lights, high beams, and turn signals.

When I first got the car it literally had 4 HID ballasts spliced off of the stock head light harness, all twisted, zip tied, and taped together running the head lights and fog lights (which did not work). They drilled holes in the back of the head lights to allow the HID bulbs to fit inside the tight fog light space : ( I eventually had the passenger side bulb blow out only to find out not only did the bulb explode but the ballast on that side took a **** as well.

So after eliminating two HID ballasts and replacing the bulb, it seems to be a lot less stress on the electrical system and the headlights seem to noticeably brighter.

My main goals here are to wire in the fog lights and hook up the park lights and/or city lights. Id like to be able to turn on the park lights and fog lights with out having the head lights running. And then be able to turn on the head lights as needed.

Ive found a really good write up here on HT on how to use a USDM cruise control switch to wire up the fogs to the brown connector on the back side of each head light. But I was wondering if there is a way to achieve my lighting issue with out using a USDM cruise control switch?

Also, as for the no park lights up front, could this be because the bulbs are not two stage? The turn signals work along with the side markers, but when I flick the park lights on only my tail lights illuminate.

EDIT: I figured out that the USDM and JDM light bulb sockets are different. The JDM lights do not allow dual fillament bulbs. Ive seen some people say that they got dual fillament 1156 bulbs and grinded off one of the tabs to make the bulb fit. So well see how that pans out.

I really appreciate anyones help at this point. Im pretty savvy when it comes to wiring but this being my only car I dont really want to take the chance of starting any fires or melting anything while driving lol.

Thanks,

T

Last edited by ThrowSomeDs; 05-11-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM ITR Wiring Questions

128 views and no replies?
Old 05-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wish i had some advice, sorry about the wiring hack job =(
Old 05-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DicerYuri
i wish i had some advice, sorry about the wiring hack job =(
thanks bud. Looks like a whole day dedicated to wiring up all the lights is in store for me...not a huge deal but Im particular and i damn sure am going to make sure the wiring isnt a **** show.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just spent the last 2 days goin through mine. My wiring wasn't as bad as yours but was a pretty crappy job and only thing that worked was headlyts. When I got into it, there was t even and blinker sockets or side marker sockets in the lenses....but, wit the dyi on here and team-integra.net and some COLD budwieser I managed to get it all wired up using stock harness and sockets to the regular switches steering column