Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

ITR S2K Retrofit in progress. lots of pics. Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 01:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR S2K Retrofit in progress. lots of pics. Advice needed

I have been working on this retrofit for a while now, little by litte. Have maybe 12 hours into it so far.

These are the plans

- S2K prokectors
- Phillips 85122+ new bulbs
- Hella Gen 3 Ballasts

So far I am looking for some feedback on my retrofit.

My car has quite a stiff suspension set-up and rattles around a bit so the headlights will be tested by vibrations/ jolts etc more than most cars.

Im a bit concerned that the way I have mounted the projectors that over time the bolts may come loose. The plan is to put JB Weld on all the bolts or some other adhesive. So I'm looking for some suggestions on what I can do here.

How does my cut-off look to you guys with other DC2's ? is it pretty much straight so far ? I have been told that if its aligned with the line on the metal casing that I should be alright ??

These two bolts are under tension and pretty much hold the projector level and rotated correctly. There on there pretty tight and any attempts to move them by shaking or putting pressure have failed.

Any concerns ?

I enlarged the bolt holes in order to rotate the projector.

Concerns ? Comments ?

This is the third bolt holding the projector in place. It is also under expansion tension, so I didn't use any bolts on the inside to hold the projector. The tight space around the projector seemed to hold it in place.

Keep in mind I couldn't really drill anymore holes to mount the projector without damaging it.

I ran into a little problem, but I don't think this will affect output. What do you guys think ?

Lastly I already think the bulb hodler is faulty as it isn't aligned at all. What can I do to fix this ?

And a few pics of the car there going into

I will redo a write-up when I am done, but I am looking for tips or suggestions or problems I may run into so far.

This is my first retro so any help is appreciated.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:09 AM

Default Re: ITR S2K Retrofit in progress. lots of pics. Advice needed (Kavehman)

everything looks good so far.
My only suggestions would be to trim the projector frame at the waist where it hits the inside of the housing there (pics 1&2).
The hole you drilled there that you are worried about will not cause any problems with output.
But, I would mount the housings to the car to check alignment and at that time use JBQwik to hold each bolt/nut on both sides once you have everything just so. You don't want it to slip rotationally or bolts to sag from tolerance of the drilled holes.

Keep it up
Old 07-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how much did you get the projectors for?
Old 07-29-2008, 01:14 PM

mate, just realized you are in OZ, did you get LHD or RHD projectors?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (retrosolutions)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by retrosolutions &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mate, just realized you are in OZ, did you get LHD or RHD projectors?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey thanks for the tips.

The projectors are RHD ones, I managed to source them individually and for Aussie prices they were pretty decent. They were left and Right projectors so I thought this retro was meant to be

I am going to start putting the cableing together, and once thats sorted i will try out this one side to make sure it all goes on nicely. I don't want to pull off the bumper more than twice (I'm working on a spare set of headlights.).

I'm going to work on it some more this weekend, will let you know how it all goes.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ha i just saw this 2 minutes ago on HIDplanet. Lookin good!
Old 08-06-2008, 05:42 AM

Default Re: (chawski)

Very nice, any cut off pics yet?