Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

HIDS? Where to buy what to get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: HIDS? Where to buy what to get?

Originally Posted by DTvn
Volt 8k kit looks great. Looks more white than blue so you might want to get 10k if you want blue.

Will run you about $100 though
Old 03-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhatBoiOnDiet
No the one i sent you are not Bi-xenon there hid low and halogen high. They do sell bi-xenon though were its both HID for low and high beam for $74 i was just staying in your price range but here it is

55W 50W HID Bi Xenon Kit H4 H13 9003 9004 9007 9008 8000K 10000K Vvme AC | eBay
I've been using the 55w high/low kit from ddm tunning for the past 5 years. All their kits have a lifetime warranty including the bulbs. The only problem I've ever had was with one of the plugs rusted because of where I mounted it[very harsh winter]. I just sent it in and within a week they sent all new piece. Best choice for hid kits for your price range.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jbpnoman
We don't do "cheap" around here, we do it the right way.
I simply just replied to your comment you left, I didnt say or do anything for you to come at me like that. Okay, like I said VVME and DDM Tuning kits are really good and reliable do your research also many positive feedback on them. You dont have to pay $150+ for an HID kit thats reliable and lasts long. You could buy a Philips kit and who knows it might last one week before a ballast goes out thats why companies offer warranties.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was being sarcastic with my comment about the photo in the prior page. That's not my own car. It's just an example of a car with crappy PnP HIDs.

I have a retrofit myself, and getting another one made on another set of headlights.

Get a retrofit guys, and don't cheap out with your crap *** ugly output and cut-off line. Cut-off line? What cut-off line? hahaha. If you want better lighting and staying halogen, get Osram 70/65 or Phillips X-treme Vision if you have H4 bulbs.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do everyone a favor and stop talking out your ***. Also, read and comprehend my entire post before responding. My Phillips kit went in the car as soon as I bought it, upwards of 7 or 8 years ago now. It is still working flawlessly. It's this great thing called research - know what you're getting, and get a quality setup. We don't do "cheap" around here, we do it the right way.
Would you stop being such a douche? People work on Hondas BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAP. There are always going to be people wanting to take shortcuts in the Honda world. If Hondas weren't cheap, nobody would bother doing anything with them.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:14 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll stop being a douche when people stop being stupid. Hondas aren't cheap, they're affordable. There's a huge difference. Kias and Hyundais are cheap - there's a reason the late 90's/early '00's will, 9 times out of 10, have a blown motor before a Honda motor has even been fully broken in. If cheap was the reason so many people worked on Hondas, the "KDM" aftermarket would be twice as big. Don't even try using that as an excuse.

Do it right the first time around, or find a new hobby. RC cars are cheap - maybe you should try that? Hey, model cars are even cheaper!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you guys are funny always arguing with each other. OP go with the safe route dont get Ebay HID's do your research on Hid's, because 30-60 dollars will get you a nice set of LED for ur license plate, dome/trunk light, but not a great set of HID
Old 03-28-2013, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll stop being a douche when people stop being stupid.
Your the only one being stupid here. We were all having a normal discussion then you came in and started being rude.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I decided im gonna go with the kit "PhatBoiOnDiet" recommended but, I am going to retrofit my headlights my plans got canceled as I just got a 50$ ticket for having a "tinted licence plate cover" it was a clear cover and did not effect visibility of the plate ******* bullshit.. I;m gonna fight it in court I herd if you get a normal jude he/she will just dismiss it for being so stupid.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would you cover your license plate to begin with? That's the stupid part.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:08 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It is not well known that anything that obstructs a license plate, to include clear covers, is reason enough for a cop to pull you over in a lot of places.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll stop being a douche when people stop being stupid. Hondas aren't cheap, they're affordable. There's a huge difference. Kias and Hyundais are cheap - there's a reason the late 90's/early '00's will, 9 times out of 10, have a blown motor before a Honda motor has even been fully broken in. If cheap was the reason so many people worked on Hondas, the "KDM" aftermarket would be twice as big. Don't even try using that as an excuse.

Do it right the first time around, or find a new hobby. RC cars are cheap - maybe you should try that? Hey, model cars are even cheaper!
When did I ever say anything about myself? I'm talking about the community at hand. You really are stupid if you don't think the reason people build Hondas is because they are CHEAP. You can't efficiently boost a Kia or Hyundai can you? Why aren't more Nissan/Toyota/Mazda cars built up like Hondas? Becuase they are MORE EXPENSIVE.

It's all good everyone else thinks you're a douche anyways.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a clear cover can still glare and obscure visiblity of plate...FYI. I will bet its in black and white not to put anything at all over a license plate. Let us know the outcome regardless. I recommend you to review your state law before you take it to a judge
Old 03-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It won't get thrown out especially in a place like Chicago. License plate covers are illegal, get over it and move on. Be glad it was only $50. I know people who had to pay double that or more for their license plate tickets in Kansas.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:31 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 94preludeguy
the reason people build Hondas is because they are CHEAP.
I hope you don't think that was always the case. In the mid-90s it wasn't. There are more parts available but there are also a lot of **** parts available. That coupled with the fact these kids buy these POS cars for $500 and don't feel the car is worth putting even decent parts on is the main reason why Ebay is so popular.

Car modification is by no means inexpensive if done right. I sold a Prelude because parts were not as plentiful and more EXPENSIVE but by no means has my car hobby ever been cheap.

Mincing words? Yah. But not the intent. Cutting corners to be cheap is what the hobby is all about to most people so as to look like they actually spent real money and/or front a certain look.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a google search shows plate covers have been banned since 2007 by that blagovich (however its spelled) guy. Good luck fighting it. Supposed to be a $75 fine
Old 03-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
I hope you don't think that was always the case. In the mid-90s it wasn't. There are more parts available but there are also a lot of **** parts available. That coupled with the fact these kids buy these POS cars for $500 and don't feel the car is worth putting even decent parts on is the main reason why Ebay is so popular.

Car modification is by no means cheap if done right. I sold a Prelude because parts were not as plentiful and more EXPENSIVE but by no means has my car hobby ever been cheap.

Mincing words? Yah. But not the intent.
Obviously it is not always the case otherwise there wouldn't be legit high horsepower builds with the amount of money people sink into them. The fact is Hondas and DSMs are appealing to most people for that very reason: cheap. You can still do it the right way and not break the bank, it just seems that a lot of Honda people aren't that resourceful though. They don't understand that being patient and buying used quality parts is 100x better than going the eBay route.

Its funny that eBay gets slammed so much yet people buy shitty parts from shitty auto parts stores that fail quite often. Luckily there is enough information out there now to know what is considered good quality parts on eBay and what isn't.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Eg*
Honda-Tech Member

I got mine from 1320 performance.com $65 and thay have a lifetime warranty on them and thay dont look like that picture
Old 03-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Patryk_98
I decided im gonna go with the kit "PhatBoiOnDiet" recommended but, I am going to retrofit my headlights my plans got canceled as I just got a 50$ ticket for having a "tinted licence plate cover" it was a clear cover and did not effect visibility of the plate ******* bullshit.. I;m gonna fight it in court I herd if you get a normal jude he/she will just dismiss it for being so stupid.
1) you wont beat it in court. courts make money by giving people tickets. when you're at the court house, notice how nice the building is. You are paying for that, plus the judge's salary + the workforce inside the court house. You didnt get a fix it ticket, you got a ticket that your paying $50 for. You might get the named of the offense changed, but your still leaving money.

2) a retrofit kit is 250-300 dollars to do. How would a $50 ticket throw a monkey wrench in the plan?
Old 03-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Garbage, the lot of it. A reliable, good set of HIDs will run you $100 bare minimum. Phillips is the name to go for. On top of that, you need a retrofit, which will cost you a minimum of $150 in parts alone.

Originally Posted by 94preludeguy
Would you stop being such a douche? People work on Hondas BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAP. There are always going to be people wanting to take shortcuts in the Honda world. If Hondas weren't cheap, nobody would bother doing anything with them.
Cheap parts are cheap, quality parts aren't. Honda's are considered "cheap" because there are ton of companies knocking off the quality parts and people are too ******* stupid to see the quality difference.

Originally Posted by Patryk_98

Whether you think it obstructs the plate or not, it does and it's illegal.

Stop being cheap and save up some money and do it correctly. The HID's you want are illegal also.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Trial User

I got some from here. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ and i did a Group Buy 25% off so saved some money and i love my morimoto mini h1
Old 03-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is what real HIDs look like kids:

Old 03-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL people... I think we all agree you get what you pay for. You buy a cheaper set and they wont last as long. But they are cheaper and brighter then Oem, like signing a month to month lease on something V.S. a 6 month lease at a time. Its cheaper to buy a good set in the long run, but cheaper up front for some ghetto ones for the short term. I see both sides of this argument.

If you 16 and no job, and barely have gas in your tank half the time. If one of your headlights go out, i can see how a cheap set of HID's would seem appealing when there about the same price for replacements. This is the main market for knock-off parts, young high school kids.

Honestly there is a learning curve to this hobby.... Theres not one person on Honda-Tech that can say they have never had a ricer moment at some point. Whether cheap HID's, painted calipers, stickers, or got in a conversation over their heads. You have to learn whats appropriate, its not instant knowledge.

Honda's are not cheap, they have a reputation that speaks for them selves. What other early to mid 90's car is still worth $4K? You may think cheaply of Honda's, and your honda may be ghettofied, but that doesnt mean all honda's are cheap. If we all could afford better cars we would all be driving Ferrari's Mclearens, Pagani's..ect you get the picture? Where does it stop? A 2013 BMW M3, or Merc SLS AMG is a cheap *** poor persons car to the guy in the Bentley.

R/c are not cheap! lol... im $800 into a Axial SCX-10 im trying to sell... If oddly enough your in Portland Or. take a look - http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/tag/3708437259.html

Last edited by Sparksman; 03-28-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL....I love how everyone gets so angry about stuff OTHER people put on their cars.

That being said, thanks for the info....im learning more and more everyday that Ebay is just too good to be true
Old 03-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idcategory=595

Quick Reply: HIDS? Where to buy what to get?