Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

CA - Yellow Headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA - Yellow Headlamps

So I get a fix-it ticket for having yellow headlights. Anyone know that lives/knows the CA Vehicle Code know whether it is legal or illegal to have the yellow headlights. I've been searching in the CA Code online for a couple of hours now and I cant seem to find anything regarding yellow/colored headlamps. Cop didn't even answer my question why these were illegal and wouldn't give me a damn CVC (CA Vehicle Code). He said they were too bright honestly I think they aren't compared to some HIDs I see on the road. If these are illegal Im going HIDs and blind his *** idioticly
Old 09-13-2007, 02:20 PM
HGH

Default Re: CA - Yellow Headlamps (Charri)

Old 09-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Charri &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I get a fix-it ticket for having yellow headlights. Anyone know that lives/knows the CA Vehicle Code know whether it is legal or illegal to have the yellow headlights. I've been searching in the CA Code online for a couple of hours now and I cant seem to find anything regarding yellow/colored headlamps. Cop didn't even answer my question why these were illegal and wouldn't give me a damn CVC (CA Vehicle Code). He said they were too bright honestly I think they aren't compared to some HIDs I see on the road. If these are illegal Im going HIDs and blind his *** idioticly </TD></TR></TABLE>

As far as I'm aware yellow and white are the two allowed colors in the headlights. He can ticket you for the cool blues but yellow is acceptable.

Of course I'm sure the officer can twist the words to make it fit as he wants, but generally yellow is not as bright as the HID whites.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:03 PM

You might want to review CHP's website.
http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

Illegal...

* Blue and yellow headlights. Headlights must be white - blue and yellow are illegal (24011 VC). Look for the DOT symbol on the bulb and package.

*Headlights brighter or higher wattage than those from the factory. You may be able to see better, but the lights are illegal (24011 VC).

If you still have questions PM me!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Charri &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I get a fix-it ticket for having yellow headlights.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's sucks. I have had yellow headlights in my low beams for over a year and haven't been bothered about them. Do you recall if there was a dot logo or whatever on the packaging?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CA - Yellow Headlamps (gsrob)

If I remember there never was a DOT approved yellow bump?
Old 09-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so you got a ticket for yellow headlights but the officer didn't know the cvc code or if they were actually illegal? but he wrote you a ticket anyway? that doesn't make sense

they are illegal and they're blinding. theres nothing wrong with white headlights
Old 10-01-2007, 07:31 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (donut.)

actually if the officer doesnt write the correct violation code.. it thrown out by the judge
Old 10-04-2007, 08:18 AM

Default Re: (showtymers619)

that is true cops write in something that is close enough -----

they just want the money
Old 10-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by showtymers619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually if the officer doesnt write the correct violation code.. it thrown out by the judge</TD></TR></TABLE>

wrong!!! that is why there is such thing as a cite ameandment.

I have made plenty mistakes and we just do an amendment and mail it.

BTW yellow and blue ligths are illegal
Old 10-08-2007, 11:09 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (built562)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by built562 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wrong!!! that is why there is such thing as a cite ameandment.

I have made plenty mistakes and we just do an amendment and mail it.

BTW yellow and blue ligths are illegal</TD></TR></TABLE>

personally i don't believe you , for one you cant even spell the word

and i have personally had tickets throw out by the judge for citing the wrong violation code
Old 10-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by showtymers619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">personally i don't believe you , for one you cant even spell the word</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, I concur
Old 10-09-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: (donut.)

you guys are morons. the yellow lights are illegal, you have an officer telling you this and you're making fun of his spelling in true honda-tech style. I've had numerous amendments sent to me on tickets and a fix it ticket for yellow bulbs. get over it.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Charri &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I get a fix-it ticket for having yellow headlights. Anyone know that lives/knows the CA Vehicle Code know whether it is legal or illegal to have the yellow headlights. I've been searching in the CA Code online for a couple of hours now and I cant seem to find anything regarding yellow/colored headlamps. Cop didn't even answer my question why these were illegal and wouldn't give me a damn CVC (CA Vehicle Code). He said they were too bright honestly I think they aren't compared to some HIDs I see on the road. If these are illegal Im going HIDs and blind his *** idioticly </TD></TR></TABLE>
Was it a motorcycle cop???
Old 10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PIAA has DOT aproved bluish lights, (I just had to check my lights for legality) and all lights will say if its DOT aproved on the box. so check before you buy
Old 10-16-2007, 06:19 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (Pooper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pooper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you guys are morons. the yellow lights are illegal, you have an officer telling you this and you're making fun of his spelling in true honda-tech style. I've had numerous amendments sent to me on tickets and a fix it ticket for yellow bulbs. get over it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well to just answer this moron here

yellow bulbs in the front of the vehicle is not completely illegal
its the placement of where the light is, and you can have yellow bulbs at the same
height as the driving light as long as they are not the main driving lights, they must be accompanied by DOT regular lights hence vigors had them , IS300 has them OEM
and if the officer tells you they are too bright, bring it to court and print out the light spectrum but of course thats just the way to shove it up the officers bum if he even shows up, but im sure you probably will end up using the same road at the same time you did when you got pulled over and get pulled over by the same cop and he will just end up harassing you
Old 10-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by showtymers619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well to just answer this moron here

yellow bulbs in the front of the vehicle is not completely illegal
its the placement of where the light is, and you can have yellow bulbs at the same
height as the driving light as long as they are not the main driving lights, they must be accompanied by DOT regular lights hence vigors had them , IS300 has them OEM
and if the officer tells you they are too bright, bring it to court and print out the light spectrum but of course thats just the way to shove it up the officers bum if he even shows up, but im sure you probably will end up using the same road at the same time you did when you got pulled over and get pulled over by the same cop and he will just end up harassing you
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah thanks bro... i am sorry for my typo but i am a police officer and you are correct about what you typed. But the original poster got a ticket for yellow headlights which ARE illegal. Yes you can have yellow fog lights but you must have your white headlights on with them (after dusk).

BTW I have taken multiple classes on "What police look for on vehicles" and they only concentrate on imports because of all the street racing buts and sweeps in the inland empire. And I have personally recovered multiple hondas with stolen motors, VIN switches, stolen parts etc and even a couple chop shops. I done all this with just my knowledge of hondas. So before you go talking **** it may be your car I am recovering (or ticketing )
Old 10-20-2007, 05:51 PM

Yellow headlights are not legal in California.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:58 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (built562)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by built562 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah thanks bro... i am sorry for my typo but i am a police officer and you are correct about what you typed. But the original poster got a ticket for yellow headlights which ARE illegal. Yes you can have yellow fog lights but you must have your white headlights on with them (after dusk).

BTW I have taken multiple classes on "What police look for on vehicles" and they only concentrate on imports because of all the street racing buts and sweeps in the inland empire. And I have personally recovered multiple hondas with stolen motors, VIN switches, stolen parts etc and even a couple chop shops. I done all this with just my knowledge of hondas. So before you go talking **** it may be your car I am recovering (or ticketing )</TD></TR></TABLE>

i doubt you be ticketing me any time soon =P im out of your jurisdiction
Old 10-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by showtymers619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i doubt you be ticketing me any time soon =P im out of your jurisdiction </TD></TR></TABLE>

well again you are mistaken... we can write tickets ANYWHERE in the state of california. we just need to call your local court or police dispatch senter and get the court info.

now the only reason that police do not write too many tickets like that is because it might be too far to come back for court and the department you work for will probably will not pay for the overtime.

we are POST certified peace officers for the state... not just the city you work in