Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

About to do a Bixenon retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to do a Bixenon retrofit

Currently i have H4 headlights, im buying JDM headlights in which i plan to retrofit the projectors into which are H7 (low beam) and H1 (high beam). as the lights are set up from the factory, the low beams go off when the high beams come on
i want to use FX35 bixenon projectors in the low beam section. I want them to work to where when i flip on the high beams, the inner high beams come on and the cutoff shield flips down like a mercedes high beams work. this has lead to me coming up with a highly confusing wiring diagram. one of my questions is, with this setup would i have to rewire my lights so that my low beams stay on with my high beams for the bixenon to work properly or no?
also i wanted to use the harness pictured below and then just feed another wire off to my high beams. would this cause a power draw to my high beams or no.

here is the harness i want to use:
Old 04-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: About to do a Bixenon retrofit (lonestar55)

hidplanet i guess
Old 04-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You will have to find a way to keep your low beam on while your highbeam is activated. This is usually accomplished by putting a diode between the low beam and high beam trigger.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:05 PM

made these a while ago... i think they are confusing.. and i made them XD
take about 5-10 mins looking at it, and tracing the lines.... i think you understand what is going on...

Old 04-06-2008, 09:10 PM

Default Re: About to do a Bixenon retrofit (bpr0422)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inlinesix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You will have to find a way to keep your low beam on while your highbeam is activated. This is usually accomplished by putting a diode between the low beam and high beam trigger.</TD></TR></TABLE>

by just using a diode to bridge the lowbeam and highbeam... you also risk turning on your hids when you pull the light stalk for Flash-to-pass..

a relay harness is better.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:58 PM

Default Re: About to do a Bixenon retrofit (bpr0422)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bpr0422 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

by just using a diode to bridge the lowbeam and highbeam... you also risk turning on your hids when you pull the light stalk for Flash-to-pass..

a relay harness is better.</TD></TR></TABLE>
that's the point of a diode.
The low beams will give power to the ballasts, the 12v high beam will give power to the bixenon shutter to move. If you don't add a diode, your low beams will turn off thus you will have no light at all but your bixenon shutter will move. Overall, it wouldn't do much of anything at all. With a diode, your ballasts will be powered on by the bridge from the high beam to the low beam section. Thus, you will have light and the shutter will move giving the bixenon function to work as intended.
oh yeah, you add the diode with the arrow pointing from the high beam to the low beam wire