Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

97 accord CD5/CD6 front end re-wiring question (need help)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 97 accord CD5/CD6 front end re-wiring question (need help)

What's up guys, i am in the middle of re-wiring my front end and I am confused to whether i should do what i was thinking or if maybe it could turn out to be a big mistake.
I working on my 97 accord which is a usdm, and i have a front end from a CD6 (jdm) that came with some additional lights. It has foglights (pair) and intersection lights (pair), so that's 4 extra bulbs.
Here's a pic of the driver's side front end, and that is the part that is concerning me the most.

Driver side, there are 6 wires to it, which one is thicker than the other 5.

Passenger side, there are 6 wires, one is thicker than the other 5 as well.

Now, on the jdm front end.
Left side (driver's side on the us) has 8 wires (which i fugured, 2 additional wires for the 2 additional bulbs on this side of the car) and also, 1 wire thicker than the other 7.

Right side (passenger side on the us) has 6 wires (???how come it doesn't have 2 additional wires por the fog and intersection light on this side????), and 1 is thicker than the other 5 wires.

My questions are:
1) What do theses white boxes do exactly?!
2) Will it be a problem if the black wires from the white boxes don't get wired up with the exact same old wire?! (example... if i cut one of these black wires that went to the high beam, and i use it to wire the intersection light instead... will it be a problem? Or are these black wires just... "negative" wires or something?!

Please, someone help me please.... i have to go back to the car today to continue this....
Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 09-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Question has already been answered in another forum, moderators... feel free to delete this thread.
Thanks.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (gianinline)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gianinline &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Question has already been answered in another forum, moderators... feel free to delete this thread.
Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Will you provide the information here also, so that others might refer to it at a later date?