Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default **HID LowBeam+HiBeam --- Discussion -- Bump IfYou Look**

Retrofit Completed

Modified by Mfoehrkolb at 3:06 AM 10/1/2007
Old 08-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: **HID LowBeam+HiBeam --- Discussion -- Bump IfYou Look** (Mfoehrkolb)

First, the 2001 Integra uses separate bulbs for the low beam and high beam, so you would just need to buy two HID kits (one 9006, and one 9005). Using an HID kit for the high beam is not a good idea, because HIDs take a bit of time to reach full brightness after being switch on, and quickly flashing them on and off is harmful to them.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **HID LowBeam+HiBeam --- Discussion -- Bump IfYou Look** (Padawan)

ya i know they are seperate haha. i was just wondering if there was a hibeam and lowbeam kit. so i didnt have to buy 2. -- i have a ocd thing where everytthing has to be symetrical, and or the same. so if i have lowbeams im not gonna and will bother me untill i get highbeams to match... was looking to see if anyone knew the hi.lowbeam kit. thanks for your post though
Old 08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: **HID LowBeam+HiBeam --- Discussion -- Bump IfYou Look** (Mfoehrkolb)

A low beam and high beam kit would be the same thing as two separate kits, since you will need duplicates of all the components and wiring in order to install them. If you find a kit you like, just buy one in 9006 and one in 9005. Again though, I don't recommend using an HID kit for the high beams.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

k, i was just thinking a kiit = cheaper... you know any good brands or is it all the same?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mfoehrkolb)

Most of the hi/low kits rely on a seperate halogen bulb for the high beam. I've also seen some that actually shift the positioning of the single HID capsule.

If I were in your shoes, I'd go for a bixenon retrofit. The aforementioned methods are kinda ghetto and definately not as effective.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where could i purchase these "bixenon" lights. my teg @ night is finito and cant see ****. lol i need to do something asap.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: **HID LowBeam+HiBeam --- Discussion -- Bump IfYou Look** (Padawan)

Since when did cars with HID's need/have a high beam option? I would imagine that if anymore light was needed (for god knows what reason) there would be an option to just adjust the level of the beam to a higher position.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **HID LowBeam+HiBeam --- Discussion -- Bump IfYou Look** (CompanyFlow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CompanyFlow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since when did cars with HID's need/have a high beam option? I would imagine that if anymore light was needed (for god knows what reason) there would be an option to just adjust the level of the beam to a higher position.</TD></TR></TABLE>

-- like i said, i dont need them. but its going to bother me not having them match.

--- Anyone know brands of hid kits?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone know if its legal to use 3000k bulbs as main headlight bulbs? they are the yellow ones.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mfoehrkolb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone know if its legal to use 3000k bulbs as main headlight bulbs? they are the yellow ones.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's not legal to use HIDs period.

if you want high/low beam HIDs, you could just get a bixenon 9006 HID kit, however, i say do it right and get a retrofit so you wont blind traffic.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **HID LowBeam+HiBeam --- Discussion -- Bump IfYou Look** (CompanyFlow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CompanyFlow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since when did cars with HID's need/have a high beam option? I would imagine that if anymore light was needed (for god knows what reason) there would be an option to just adjust the level of the beam to a higher position.</TD></TR></TABLE>

High beams aren't used just for the brighter light, but also for their HIGHER beam pattern. It makes it easier to see farther down the road.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **HID LowBeam+HiBeam --- Discussion -- Bump IfYou Look** (t0p_sh0tta)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CompanyFlow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I would imagine that if anymore light was needed (for god knows what reason) there would be an option to just adjust the level of the beam to a higher position. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you read what I wrote?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **HID LowBeam+HiBeam --- Discussion -- Bump IfYou Look** (t0p_sh0tta)

---I would be using or i plan on getting the 'Halo Black Housings', i did research and the y you can use HID's on them. They dont break up the beam pattern like stock OEM lights.

--- Its not that im going to use the highbeams, i just want them to have them.

--- I was thinking of using 3000k(yellow),8000k(Blue/White),30,000k(Blue)

--- Just need something better than my stock halogen bulbs, i cant see ****

** Bi Xenons, i looked up and seems to be a bulb with the hi and low in one. i dont really want that cause it doesnt apply to a tegg light really.**

*-* What is this "Retrofit" people keep speaking of? *-*
Old 08-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You've much to learn grasshoppa...

Start with HIDPlanet.com's forums.

The brightest light is ~4300k, which is almost pure white. Everything above that get's more and more blue, thus limiting the amount of useful light projected on to the road. 6,000k will give you a blue tint, 8,000 will be an annoying blue and anything above that is disgusting.

A retrofit is using the projector from a car with OEM hids (TSX, TL, FX, etc) and adapting them to your current headlights.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes i do have myuh to learn, hence while im here tryin to learn some **** and get some info lol. well i see the sites sayign 3000k(yellow) used as fog lights. but then i seen soem pictures of cars with yelllow HIDs as light use. and if ti cant use those yellow ones, i was shooting for 8ks. im going on the site now to learn mo. thanks.

--- where can i see some laws on these HIDs forPA?

--- How would a "retrofit" look on a 2001 teg? do you use the entire housing? or just the inside of the housings and rig it up for your lights?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1 - HIDs are illegal unless your car came with them from the factory.

2 - You would replace your lowbeam projector with one from one of the aforementioned cars. Everything would look stock from the outside.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i read on forums, that the halo lights for teggs are able to be used for HID. that they were designed for HID and still compatable with the halogen.

--- how much would a retrofit cost?
Old 08-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.hidplanet.com/forum...35318 m
Old 08-24-2007, 01:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Those say they are projectors. Whats the point of retro fit then? and also says on add to use with HIDs.... /sigh
Old 08-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just so you know, those projectors are going to give you a hideous beam pattern.

If you're not going to retrofit an OEM HID setup, then at least stick with your stock headlight assembly. At least stock projectors don't scramble the light everywhere and leave a weird "water" pattern of light in front of your car. With stock projectors you'll have a desirable pattern and cutoff line.

Retrofits though, they give you a pretty damn good light pattern. Your cutoff will be even sharper than your stock projectors, and the light will be spread further out to the sides of your teg. That's what a retrofit will get you - an even spread of light from one side of your car to the other, and a sharper cutoff sealing it all up.

http://www.team-integra.net/fo...earch

Check these pictures out and see the differences between hid kits, oem retrofits, and those god awful halo projectors.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

those headlights are total crap. They fog up. Light beam is horrible and you can't see anything. The halos are yellow and look bad. The only thing usefull out of those headlghts are the clear front piece that can be taken off and put on the stock integra headlights. I would go with 6000k. I have had 6, 7 and 8. out of those 6 is the best looking and best light output. 8k is too blue.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Liquidgsr)

[QUOTE=Liquidgsr]those headlights are total crap. They fog up. Light beam is horrible and you can't see anything. The halos are yellow and look bad. The only thing usefull out of those headlghts are the clear front piece that can be taken off and put on the stock integra headlights.QUOTE]

x2, I had them in my old teg not even a week later they hazed up on me, they are not sealed properly and the moisture gets into them.. stick with oem
Old 08-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ah, i wasnt undertsanding why retrofit when those were projecters. didnt make snece to me. but i dont really wanna spend the cash to buy some new OEM headlights. mine are yellowish and it bothers the shiz out of me
Old 08-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dont get halos off ebay. i bought them they fogged up i dried them n resealed them they fogged up again. plus the projectors are impossible to align correctly

Quick Reply: **HID LowBeam+HiBeam --- Discussion -- Bump IfYou Look**