Notices

Kswap build thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Kswap build thread

Ok so my carpet came in today while I was work. I WOULD post a picture of it but guess what. For the second time Stock Interiors sent the wrong carpet! Im just a little aggravated considering the fact that I paid 250 dollars for this carpet and they have sent the wrong one twice. I will give them one thing. The shipping has been super fast but what good is it if you can't get the right product....Ok so the rant is over and I'm calm now lol I will contact them tomorrow and hopefully work something out this go around!

And my spray on Boom Mat came in today....pretty sure its the right product although I only shook it and didn't open it yet.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Retrofitted a black Crown Royal bag into a shifter boot for the new shifter. I'm hoping it fits good but if not thats just a reason to buy the bigger bottle haha.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:53 PM
Ferio Wdm Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Would have bought the bigger bottle just because lol
Old 09-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ferio-ichi3
Would have bought the bigger bottle just because lol
well sir you are absolutely correct! I went back and bought the 1.75L and used its bag. It fit so much better and looks way better.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok guys so guess who's type r red carpet came in? and its the correct order this time!
While I've been waiting for the carpet I sprayed the floor with D.E.I. boom mat in hopes it will deaden some road noise.

The carpet is so hard to install with mass backing but its worth having the backing.

a good two and a half hours later I got the rear, front, and left side pulled tight and into place. The door jam trim was the hardest thing to install by far!

And just for poops and giggles I mocked up the shifter boot to see how it will look.

I didn't get the passenger side done because I ran out of day light but hopefully I'll get it done before work tomorrow. I received half of my refund so tomorrow I'll be ordering a few goodies for the K swap. I'll post pics when I get em in the mail.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ordered a hybrid racing full radiator in their kit, hybrid racing fuel kit, hybrid racing cai, and karcepts ac/ps delete....Just got the first package in the mail today and the rest should be in by the weekend. Order k-tuned no cut shifter tonight. many parts to come!

Old 09-30-2014, 07:18 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Dude.............where's the swap
Old 09-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not ordering the motor until I have all the parts here and ready for the swap. reason being is h-motors.com only offers a 30 day warranty on the engine. I dont wanna buy it and 2 months later get it in and it not run. I wish I could have bought the motor by now but I've only recieved about half my refund
Old 10-01-2014, 08:27 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 183 Likes on 161 Posts

Just pull it out of the 2014 and um, report it stolen.

JAY KAY!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^Haha Apart from reporting it stolen I did threaten to take the ole ladys motor just for laughs!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got some more goodies in the mail today!
hybrid racing fuel system w/ rail
hybrid racing cooling system w/ full rad
hybrid racing cold air intake (just figured out the windshield washing fluid tank is in the way of the intake fitting right, so its likely I'll shorten the intake)
Came with a complimentary hybrid racing sticker 18" long, and a free awesome sauce air freshener!
And the rest of my parts for installing my tie rods.

Ill be mocking up the fuel reg and lines as soon as it cools off outside a little. most likely finish the tie rods today also. Try not to get impatient guys as I'm taking it one step at a time in a full build not just an engine swap alone. I said it in the first post that It was gonna take some time. But no worries as its moving along steadily!
Old 10-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well by total suprise yesterday I got a phone call from a guy wanting to buy my cbr1000. needless to say I sold it and so tonight I finished buying everything I had to have (with the exception of the engine). My savings refund should be paid back to me soon and then I'll be ordering the motor and be ready for the swap!
Old 10-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Even better news my refund from my old job is in the mail on its way to me! That being said I'll be ordering the motor either by friday or hopefully at least next week depending on if the check clears the bank soon enough
Old 10-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update time! Everything except mounts, axles and engine has been ordered. K-tuned items are in customs being cleared for shipment and all I lack from hybrid racing is to recieve my intercooler and throttle bracket. Should have my refund from my old job this week and then I'll be able to buy the engine, mounts and axles.

Bad News I have to leave for 3 weeks in November for training, so I may not be ordering the engine until I return home. Honestly it just depends on how soon the motor can be here and if I feel I can at least get the motor in the car and a test start done before I leave. Looks like its gonna take more time than I would want it to. But who said restoring a car and swapping out a huge amount of parts wouldn't take time?
Old 10-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The toothfairy stopped by today and finished my parts list for the engine swap. Ordering the engine with mounts and axles from HMO

Old 10-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got the radiator and fans mocked up today. discovered that the mounts on the rad for the original radiator tabs is a little narrow and cause the radiator to sit a little high which causes the rad to hit against metal. I inserted a small peice of rubber for now but may cut my grommets to better position the passenger side of the rad.

Only thing I dont know is if I could run both fans off the same power wire (stock fan wiring) or If Ill have to modify it a little.

Notice how the bottom mounts on the rad is too close together for the mounting tabs.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

polished the top of the radiator last night and took some photos of the No-Cut swap shifter installed. Also started to run the swap harness under the dash and got it all nice and tucked in to the dash area. I'll hopefully order the engine this week and get this car together soon!

Last edited by GoldieWang; 10-19-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ordered my k20a2 from h motors online today! Do to shipping time plus away time for my job I wont be doing much from nov 3rd thru nov 22nd but by the 22nd I'll have that motor setting here ready to go in the car. Just sucks I have to finish in cold weather on cold concrete
Old 10-22-2014, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

finished the interior today! Just got my arm rest in the mail yesterday and re upholstered it!

Redone the headliner today but forgot to put the photo on photobucket before work.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got the head liner done. Now I just need a set of black sun visors

Old 10-25-2014, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loving the carpet gonna get me a black one for the ek, still thinking if I need the backing or not, how thick is the backing tho?
Old 10-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think my new carpet was at least twice as thick as the stock one, considering I got the backing. This made installing and cutting twice as hard and the door jams were a bictch to make them fit but all in all it was worth the extra work and feels like it will last just as long as the car will.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:01 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome build! I cant wait to start the swap on mine! Lookin good!
Old 10-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok so I'm really needing a set of manual door panels for my build. I need the dark grey and I need them in great condition. If anyone has a set for sale plz message me or let me know in the build thread. Thanks
Old 11-15-2014, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok guys my engine should have shipped out 2 days ago, I'm still out of town for training but I'll be able to start posting more about the build in a little over a week.

Quick Reply: Kswap build thread