Notices

k20a2 original key and transponder

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 03:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k20a2 original key and transponder

I'm in the midst of doing all my homework on swapping my 96 EK DX to a rsx type s k20a2 and trans. Now for the most part I understand what I'll need but forgive me if this is a dumb question but I've tried google search before posting and my works firewall blocks me from searching on the forum. SO PLZ DONT FLAME ME TO DEATH! I've been doing some research and found that for the k20a2 I would need the original key and transponder if using the original ecu. I've also read that I could use the kpro ecu instead. I prefer the kpro so I can tune for the I/H/E but would love some opinions based on your experiences. Its my first honda swap so plz know that I am eager to learn as much as possible and apprecieate any and all help.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2014, 04:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: k20a2 original key and transponder

Also just found this immobilizer Bypass. With this would I just use my ek's original key and ignition

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/Immo...ass_p_131.html
Old 07-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I did some more research and found this on modified, about placing the k series in the ek...

You need the ECU, key and transponder that match your new K engine. However, Hondata does have a reflashed RSX, RSX Type-S or Civic Si ECU available with dyno-proven results. It also has a fully programmable version based on the RSX Type-S ECU that gives you control of ignition, fuel, i-VTEC, idle, redline, nitrous control, boost and more. If you want the Hondata, the best way to go is the fully programmable unit because it's the only one that can disable the error codes associated with missing emission controls. Be sure to budget at least $400 to $500 for dyno tuning. Hondata will also sell you a brand-new ECU if you're moving from a non-Hondata compatible ECU (Accord, Element, CR-V) to a programmable or reflashable unit. Hasport has ECUs with the immobilizer removed, but you'll be expected to provide full documentation (including VIN numbers) of where you obtained your swap engine. If you source your own ECU, you'll need the matching VIN number as well or a new ECU receipt. The purchaser's info will be shared with law enforcement upon request.

Read more: http://www.modified.com/tech/0407scc...#ixzz38F3qA3BQ

hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by etnies
Also just found this immobilizer Bypass. With this would I just use my ek's original key and ignition

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/Immo...ass_p_131.html

And if you do go this route, please, please do some research on this product before you dump $200.00 on it than find out it will not work!
Old 07-26-2014, 02:25 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by slynch0210
I did some more research and found this on modified, about placing the k series in the ek...

You need the ECU, key and transponder that match your new K engine. However, Hondata does have a reflashed RSX, RSX Type-S or Civic Si ECU available with dyno-proven results. It also has a fully programmable version based on the RSX Type-S ECU that gives you control of ignition, fuel, i-VTEC, idle, redline, nitrous control, boost and more. If you want the Hondata, the best way to go is the fully programmable unit because it's the only one that can disable the error codes associated with missing emission controls. Be sure to budget at least $400 to $500 for dyno tuning. Hondata will also sell you a brand-new ECU if you're moving from a non-Hondata compatible ECU (Accord, Element, CR-V) to a programmable or reflashable unit. Hasport has ECUs with the immobilizer removed, but you'll be expected to provide full documentation (including VIN numbers) of where you obtained your swap engine. If you source your own ECU, you'll need the matching VIN number as well or a new ECU receipt. The purchaser's info will be shared with law enforcement upon request.

Read more: http://www.modified.com/tech/0407scc...#ixzz38F3qA3BQ

hope this helps.
Yeah I've read modifieds post on it several times. idk I mean I'd like the hondata ecu (kpro im assumming?) but even with it being hard to find I feel the safest bet is the original ecu, key, and transponder. Now to just do a little more home work!

Thanks for the advice and help!
Old 08-02-2014, 03:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 99 hatch with K20A2 running the type s ecu with kpro. I am using the factory oem key that came with the car. I did not use the rsx-s key. All you need to do is get the immobilized delete from Hondata.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

or if you can find a jdm k20a ecu which doesn't have immobilizer at all.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Axix24
or if you can find a jdm k20a ecu which doesn't have immobilizer at all.
The JDM K20a ecu has a fuel pump immoblizer