Notices

here is what fits what

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default here is what fits what

i see a need for alot of consolidated info. at least its a try.
i will update this continously with changes and updates i learn.
if im wrong please correct me and i can add or change. this should be a sticky, neither h-t nor k20a.org has a condensed sticky of what fits what.
this will help all the noobs such as myself

all exhaust manifolds will fit all K series heads

rsx type s intake manifold is preferred -rbc from an accord type r or the k20z3 which is in an si in the us can be uesd on k24 heads but if u put it on a rsx type s head u need to cut off a coolant port on the manifold that isnt on the rsx s head u wanna stay away from an accord or other manifolds

only some TBs will fit some manifolds but they make adapters,
the rbc requires an adapter plate to fit MOST
throttle bodies. It depends what throttle body you want.

all oil pans will fit all K series if you use the corresponding oil pump and,
you could use any oil pan, bolts differ on k20a2 from k24's a few are larger

oil pump use k20a2 one and k20a2 oil pump chain, erl's makes a modified s2000 pump

k24a4 timing chain is needed and timing chain cover

k20a2 water pump housing and oil sandwich plate is needed it has a port that uses coolant to cool the engine oil or u could use an external one and keep your k24 water pump housing......ps if using k20a2 plate and w. housing youll need it to get a hole drilled out near the oil filter, you see on the site lower down

hybrid racing also has ablock off for p.steering and ac which helps relocate the altenator for hood clearance on crx's and ef hatchs
all valve covers fit all K series heads

a k20 head will only fit on the k24a1 and k24a4

some k24 series pistons some fit all k24s with the right rods. valve to piston clearence is the issue.
if your going k20 k24 swap k24a4 pistons wont work u need to get tsx k24a2 pistons or crv k24a1 pistons or aftermarket

all K series trannies will fit all Kseries motors...there is even a high $ adapter to adapt a K series tranny to an s2000 motor.

for k series swaps into eks you can use RSX base or S axles but use B series outer hubs
for egs you can use the RSX base 32mm axless straight up. but if you hae a type S tranny 36mm you need type S inner hub or type S axle and B series outer. http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1594

you can use a Dseries throttle cable, but not a gsr cable. EP3 workx also...i think

KPROYou can use kpro with the k24a2. You need to use a different throttle body (i used a type S) because you need to convert from drive by wire (electronic controlled throttle body). You also need to use a type s engine harness. This makes it compatible with kpro. engine harness is different its drive by wire electronic stuff that is not needed.
KPRO doesnt work with automatic trannies.
doc_ecu on k20a.org can modify k series ecus to disable immobalizer and etc to get your car started...no need for kpro..

to put a k24 in an eg you need...
1-throttle body
2-type S harness and charge harness...or repin the tsx harness.
3-crv passenger mount

Last edited by rick_rabies; 02-25-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: here is what fits what

good info. I plan on doing a stock rsx-s motor in a eg for a fall project when Im done/ bored with my current setup.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm not Rick!

sweet, sounds like a good swap. if you come across any new stuff or things that do or do not fit lemme know and il update the first post.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so much mis-information. half of your post is wrong.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:59 AM
I'm not Rick!

then inlightn me so i can change it so we can have a consolidated list of what fits what.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for one the piston statement - if your going k20 k24 swap k24a4 pistons wont work u need to get tsx k24a2 pistons or crv k24a1 pistons or aftermarket

second rsx type s intake manifold is preferred -rbc from an accord type r or the k20z3 which is in an si in the us can be uesd on k24 heads but if u put it on a rsx type s head u need to cut off a coolant port on the manifold that isnt on the rsx s head u wanna stay away from an accord or other manifolds

you could use any oil pan, bolts differ on k20a2 from k24's a few are larger

oil pump use k20a2 or k20z3 one and coresponding oil pump chain, erl's makes a modified s2000 pump
also if u go with a with the different pumps ull need the baffle and youll need to plug a hole that will make u loose oil pressure if not done ..... check out my post for it a guy postdpics of howts done

k24a4 timing chain is needed and timing chain cover

k20a2 water pump housing and oil sandwich plate is needed it has a port that uses coolant to cool the engine oil or u could use an external one and keep your k24 water pump housing......ps if using k20a2 plate and w. housing youll need it to get a hole drilled out near the oil filter, you see on the site lower down

hybrid racing also has ablock off for p.steering and ac which helps relocate the altenator for hood clearance on crx's and ef hatchs

that was off the top of my head
any other info will be here if u want to use it to make your list http://74.53.88.82/~hybri10/?p=420