Notices

Help deciding what TPS to use. HALL effect vs reg.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Help deciding what TPS to use. HALL effect vs reg.

This has been bugging me from the strat, this car will only be a "highway runner" like what you'd see in those 1320 street race videos. Running 88a mounts turbo k20 90mm ktuned tb/ITM. I've been leaning towards the HALL effect tps from ktuned. it's $220-ish CAD, next option is their billet V2 which is a fair bit cheaper. My only concern is I've head of there busting on some ppl, last thing I need is to buy stuff twice. My concearn with the HALL effect is you've got to set it in K-pro, I have the V1 of that, i'm assuming it's not "that hard". I'd really like some input as to what others are using in their "track cars", i'm ruling out he D/B adapter, as removing the TPS is beyond frustrating to me, and I don't have time to go to the junkyard with my current job. That plus it looks like I have to re-pin the plug or something too.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:03 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Help deciding what TPS to use. HALL effect vs reg.

It's hit or miss with either of those two options. My friend's hall effect has been working fine for a long time while some people get a dud right out of the box. Calibrating them in kpro is fool proof and works fine. I've never manually calibrated a tps on the tb and had no issues.

I'm using a mustang tps on my kinslers as they're much more reliable and stupid cheap.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by doood
It's hit or miss with either of those two options. My friend's hall effect has been working fine for a long time while some people get a dud right out of the box. Calibrating them in kpro is fool proof and works fine. I've never manually calibrated a tps on the tb and had no issues.

I'm using a mustang tps on my kinslers as they're much more reliable and stupid cheap.
That's what worried me, there was something about the v2 owners getting a discount when the hall effect one came out. I'm trying to keep this as plug and play as possible, but I assume the mustang one is a 3 wire and all you have to do is cut and match the wires to the engine harness, nothing else.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No issues for me, however my car is primarily a daily driven street car with only a couple track days and has softer mounts than what you are running. Calibrating the TPS in Kpro is easy.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Should specify, this car may only see 2,300 km's in my ownership AT most, I just need it to work for that time period with out any hick ups. I watched a video on how to calibrate it, that won't be an issue from what I can see. Basically do I have a better chance with the HALL one than I do their billet v2, in my research I haven't seen almost no negativity about the hall effect one.

Pogeeboy27 are you using the HALL or just the stock k series tps? didn't say in your post.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry about that. I'm using the K-Tuned hall effect sensor.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Ktuned V2 crapped out on me after 15 months. It is just a plastic TPS with a shiny shell.

I switched to an Acuity and have not had issues with it yet. I have heard the v3 is hit or miss. As long as you get it from a dealer you should be fine since I think they come with a 1 year warranty.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you everybody who responded, my initial thought was the ktuned HALL effect tps, i'm going to stick with that. seems the most plug and play/safest bet.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ACUITY is Hall Effect also, with good reviews