Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

New Honda nerd from Lacey, WA

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 07:47 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Honda nerd from Lacey, WA

Hey there, been trolling around on this site for a few years now; getting all the information needed before I attempt anything I'm not sure about. Finally made an account; seemed about time. My names Matt, and I've owned 3 Hondas now over 4 years. First is my 93 Del Sol S, which I'll get into in a bit. Then, there's the two I've bought for my girlfriend - Her 93 Civic Coupe EX (in Rose Pink Metallic), and now our '05 Element in Cargo Khaki. Still have all 3!

Anyways; you could get me talking about all 3 of these cars at length for some time; but I'll focus on MY Honda, the 93 Del Sol.

Bought it 4 years ago; was basically bone stock - still had the hubcaps even. Cracked windshield, chalky paint (The cars OEM color is Frost White; didn't look bad all chalky, but wasn't impressive either), cracked/leaky radiator, etc. Other than that though it had a straight body (especially for 197k miles), and everything worked. Just needed a little love. Spent the first few weeks I had doing the easy stuff; buffing it, replacing the windshield and radiator, etc. Finally, a little over a year ago I took the time to rip it all apart, and pull all the dents, resmooth the bumpers (and get rid of the stupid license plate nubs on the front bumper), and repaint it. Here it is now; in Pearl White (White basecoat + Pearlcoat Gold + Blue).

I've done a few "custom" things to the car, and have plenty of pictures of of the processes, enough to make DIY threads or answer some questions if anyone was interested. No where could I find online projector headlights for the Del Sol. I did find a set of traditional reflector style headlights with smoked lenses, and built a set of D2S projector headlights for it. Turned the OEM set into projectors too using stuff I got out of a wrecked 2013 Camaro SS, but I like black on white a little too much.

Currently in the process of doing the ITR 5 Lug conversion. Got a full set of used JDM ITR suspension, brakes, the whole she-bangabang. Just in the process of saving up for the wheels+tires. (Gonna get some form of OEM Honda wheel; probably a Civic wheel or possibly the bronze HFP wheels). Ill be sure to post any pictures of that when its done if theres actually any interest!