Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Member Introductions

Hello from Utah. honestly I was never really into Honda's so I'm totally a when it comes to them but recently I finally got me a 94 accord

​​​​​Its in some rough shape owners abandoned it and I thought it looked mighty lonley and so I coulndt help my self.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:06 AM
Trial User

hello everyone
i'm new user.my name is john.i have an dissertation company which provide best dissertation help UK

best regards
john worne

Last edited by Johnworne; 02-22-2017 at 01:12 AM. Reason: full information
Old 02-23-2017, 10:18 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

New to HT, I don't drive or work on my Honda anymore. Maybe this website will rekindle my passion for Autos.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:30 AM
Trial User

Names Jake. Got a pretty damn stock 98 civic. Hate that piece of **** but at the same time I love it.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:38 PM
Trial User

Hello!

I got a lot of good info from this forum when I was looking to buy a commuter. I picked up a 1989 Civic Hatchback (Standard model) yesterday, and just decided to join the forum today. I will post details and photos in the near future.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi All,
This is Nisarg from NJ.
Driving Accord 2007 SE(automatic-v4-75000 mileage) and CRV 2015 EX. As a profession, I'm an engineer and love to do car work on my own as much as I can.
Today I found one strange thing in my accord that engine suddenly stop turning ON. It was working fine when I parked and after 30 minutes when I tried to start it was cranking but wouldn't started. On the dashboard immobilizer indication comes up with continuous flashing till key reached to off position. Also D light start flashing on dashboard. It also drain my whole battery. I have couple of jump start session but, nothing works and same result.
Is that because of ECU/PCM/ECM or bad Immobilizer circuit or Main fuel relay?

Help me out guys...

Thanks All
Old 02-28-2017, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello Everye

My name is Shawn.... Live in kansas. I Drive a 1995 Acura Integra gsr with b20vtec. It's a work in progress.
​​​

​​​​​​​
Old 03-01-2017, 04:42 AM
Trial User

Hey everyone. My name is Mike and I currently own a 98 Honda prelude 5spd with the h22a4 all stock. I bought it cheap because the owner snapped the timing belt while driving. I haven't crack
cracked it open yet other then pulling the valve cover. I'm deff gonna need some guidance on my next few steps. I plan on buying a new timing belt and installing it and try starting it. Unless there is a better way to see if the motor is blown. Let me know. I have access to a pretty big shop.

1998 Honda prelude 5 speed manual trans. All stock super clean.

1998 H22a4 all stock. Snapped timing belt.
​​​​​​​
Old 03-01-2017, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Took off all the stickers but like one or two haha
​​​​​​​Hey my names guy and I'm from Georgia. I just bought a 1991 honda civic hatchback dx from my cuisine. It has the 1.5 d15b1 in it but has all the si parts on it like the intake manifold and injectors and sensors and transmission and back disk brakes and also new suspension but it's slammed ha, and fuel regulator.Getting ready to get the si ecu and tune it. I'm new to Hondas and wanted to turbo it and looking for 160 180 hp to the wheels without too much money into it. The top end has been reasently been rebuilt and the bottom has around 80k miles on it and just started burning oil from the rings. Wanting to know what I need to do to the bottom end to get it ready for a turbo. It's my dd and only want like 8 pounds of boost. Just to make it a little bit more fun.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:21 AM
Trial User

Hey yall. My name is Tino T. and I have my third Honda, a beat up lil 92 Accord LX A/T with the heart that wont quit (I got her cheap cheap and the previous owner probably couldn't even spell oil change, Exhaust Gas Recirculation, Vacuum leak, bad timing or second rate POS distributor.) To say my car was a lemon would be putting it nicely, it's corrosive.... but it's my 3rd Hond (previously owned 2 black Civics, a 93 and a 96) and I love working on these cars. I figured my 92 f22A6 will continuously need work so I wanted to join the forum in order to find some reasonable help when I need and offer what knowledge I can to others.

TT.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Trial User

New to Honda-Tech and looking to get advice on prepping a low mileage 94 Civic DX 2-dr 5spd for sale.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Waddup honda tech

owner of a black 96 honda civic hatchback
heavily influenced by touge builds
should be an interesting build
Old 03-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey all! Havent picked up a honda yet but im in the market for one and want to learn as much as I can before i get one. Really looking forward to the honda scene and would love to turbo my honda eventually. thanks!
Old 03-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Trial User

Icon4 Member Introductions (Clayton, 20) NEED HELP AND IDEAS!!!

I have a 2002 Honda Accord EX Special Edition
4-Door Sedan
2.3L 4-Cylinder (F23A4)
182,000 Miles
Car is fully factory (Stock)

Car has a Severe oil leaks at the head gasket. Looking in to possible performance options. Swaps? Different head? I just do the head I'm going to rebuild the lower end. (Rings and bearings etc..) What all will I need to do the complete swap or modification. Tools aren't an issue. Wondering part wise? Tuning? Turbo?
Still needs to be a reliable daily driver.
Im a Technician and Assistant Manager at a Franchise owned (28 stores) Full Service Shop. Been around the dealer most of my life, my dads always been in the dealer as a service manager. I started as a porter for a Toyota dealer, then went to a large family owned (40 stores) shop as a general service technician for just over a year. Then received a full service technician offer from my current employer, I was a tech for just over a year but had interests in management, which has been the plan since I got into the automotive business but I knew I had to start at the bottom lol. Now am also the Assistant Manager at another location. So I have tons of knowledge in OE/Aftermarket but I have very little in the Performamce/Aftermarket.

Please help me figure out what to do!!! Lol
Old 03-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Trial User

Hey all,
New username, but not new to Honda-tech. I was on here back in probably early to mid 2,000's. I've updated my username and now have moved on to a 2006 Acura TSX which has been great and reliable. Hope to look around and see how things have changed.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi all. Am new to here. Just own a pearl white JDM BB6 Type S from Jap. No chance to take photos yet. This is my 2nd 5g lude, I had my first one date back in 97 which is a marine blue VTi-R and keep it till 2001, 20yrs later, lucky to get another even better spec one again.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Trial User

Hey, my name's Javier. I'm from Martinsburg, WV. I've been messing around with Honda's since I could hold a wrench, helping my dad fix cars. I've had over 15 Honda's/Acuras. This is the first time I've been active on a forum, so this is all new to me. My apologies if i post in the wrong thread. I'm here to learn, discuss, and give advice about Honda's, as well as meet other enthusiasts. Currently, I'm driving a B20vtec swapped 00 ek civic which I just finished the other day. I will post pictures at a later time.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just bought a 2014 Civic. Can't find any bluetooth profile specifications in use. I know about https://hondalink.honda.com/ site, but can't find any specifications on the bluetooth profiles, such as listed on Bluetooth definition (Phone Scoop)
I'm fairly certain there are more phones which are compatible than are listed on the Hondalink site and having the bluetooth specs that the civic uses would be helpful.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey I'm brian I drive a 94 e.g. Coupe it's from Canada it has a b16a swap jdm and a gsr transmission the car is stock besides an Apexi exhaust and it's on lowering springs from previous owner but she runs strong and have big plans for her
Old 03-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey my name's Mark. I live in Blacksburg, VA and this is my 1996 Integra RS. She has 240k miles and I'm just starting to do work on her. With everything pretty much original and at the mileage it's at, lots of stuff is needing replaced such as suspension bushings, engine compression is low, etc. The exterior and interior are pretty clean for the age though! Here's a picture of it going through the wash with Mandi the dog.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:27 AM
Trial User

This is Pete in Land O Lakes, FL. My 'truck' is an '06 Pilot that I have owned since new. EX-L model w/ 4 wheel drive and NAV.
Just love the old bird, but with 194k miles may need some engine work. Thinking about an engine swap, but apparently there is a compatibility issue.
Would prefer to swap with a 2012 or later engine. Anyone know if that is doable? Or why not??? Thanks
Old 03-15-2017, 02:02 PM
Trial User

Hi there . New on the forum.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:20 AM
Trial User

Hello and thank you for this form. I have a 2003 Honda Civic hybrid with a manual transmission. Yesterday while stopped at a red light the vehicle would not restart. Push vehicle & popped clutch, vehicle started and I drove home. Vehicle still will not start, nothing at all happens when attempts to start. Checked out battery and it is good. My question is could there be other problems besides the starter and how do I go about trouble shooting this issue?
Old 03-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Trial User

Hey big honda guy. Fairly new to the car scene, just got in 2-3 years ago. I drive a 01 Prelude SH with a new H22a blue top swap on the way!

Old 03-24-2017, 02:26 PM
Trial User

Icon4 Re: Member Introductions

Hey! My name's Eli, and I just got into an accident (not my fault) that destroyed my 88 Ford Festiva. SO- I went out with the insurance money and bought me a gorgeous 95 Del Sol. Base model but the guy I bought it off of made some pretty cool upgrades. Put some 15 inch rims on it, performance tires, a rear camber kit (just for better handling. Not currently cambered), fully adjustable Megan coil-overs all around, and he kept her in pristine condition. Just gotta get a sweet exhaust now! ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED! Don't know too much about cars or mods for them, so ya might be hearin more from me, im in socal and I wanna learn! Pics below, the blazer is my fiancee's, and added a pic of my wrecked festiva for a good laugh.
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Member Introductions