Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Hi from Vancouver, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 Hi from Vancouver, Canada

Hi Everyone,

I figured it was time to join this forum. I've searched for help on things with my accord in the past, and almost all my help has come from this forum. Really great!

Anyway, a little about me:

I'm a hobby mechanic, never had any official training, but I like to tinker and never shy away from tasks on my car! (Especially now that I have a spare car to test on!). I work for EA in the Video Game Development industry, and love what I do. I have a family (wife and kids).

I've been a Honda owner for many years. I've owned Accords, and Civics, and currently, own 2 accords, and one civic.

I have owned a 1992 Honda Accord Wagon EX-R for 12 years, and managed to get it up to 385,000kms. She's starting to have some problems, so I decided to hunt around for another Honda. As luck would have it, I found one... the EXACT same car... Same year, same model, everything... only it was a different colour, and had almost no Kms on it.

Anyway... I'm keeping my old Accord, and will be using it to replace parts as the new one wears out, so in theory I should be able to run the new one for 10+ years.

Here are the cars I currently Have:

1992 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon: White with Grey Interior. 385,000kms on it, almost no rust, some minor dents in the hood, but otherwise pretty good. This car recently had a spark plug crumble into the cylinder and the debris was pushed out through the exhaust valves. I realize that the ceramics probably scratched the heck out of my cylinder walls, and likely made my cylinder burn a little oil. To be honest, I was REALLY surprised that I survived with minimal work. I only had to fish out some small bits, and replace the plugs. This issue was what made me look for a new car to replace it since it was only worth a few hundred dollars.

1992 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon: Metallic Grey with Maroon interior. 55,000kms (I know... amazing isnt it?) This car is absolutely immaculate. Totally clean, engine is totally clean, interior is spotless, even still smells of new car. I snapped this car up the moment I saw it... $4200 Canadian! A few minor issues are: ABS light is always on so I think the ABS pump needs work... luckily I have a spare one from my old car! The power steering feels heavier than my old one... but that might just be because its practically new! No leaks, and all the rubber looks soft and supple, no cracking.

2007 Honda Civic 4 door Sedan. White with Grey Interior. This is my wife's car, so not much to say about it. Its a great trouble free car, and I love driving it because it is so peppy compared to the old wagon!

I have also owned a 1988 Honda accord sedan which I loved, and a 1989 Honda CBR 600 (Hurricane) which i sold when I had kids.

I will probably have some questions about various things, so I'm really excited to be part of this great forum!

Cheers,

Chris
Old 12-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hi from Vancouver, Canada

Both accords still running like a charm! I'm finding it difficult to stop using my old one!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:18 AM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Re: Hi from Vancouver, Canada

Wow, that thing was garaged for most of its life or what? Owned by a little ol' lady? Great find.