Notices
Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

CR-Z sales figures... not good.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CR-Z sales figures... not good.

I like honda & the crz.. but why would anyone buy one? I was a potential buyer until i started to research options. Its deep into RWD Hyundai Genesis Coupe Turbo territory price wise.. and also the new RWD scion fr-s coming out after the beginning of the year. Plus the v6 mustang! Used wise for less money you could get a sky/solstice,350z, g35 etc. Honda just needs to know their place with this car.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:57 PM
crazy mad murdock

the traffic in this forum should be indication enough
Old 11-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last 2 we had where dealer trades for 2-3 Civics or Accords, not a demand at all here in the Tampa bay area. At the local International Car show this past weekend, no CR-Z were found at the show. Local DSM won't confirm if Honda will cut sales on it. Won' be surprised if it get announced at Detriot show in January.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe when Honda realizes they've been failing at appealing to the motor enthusiasts... they will jump the gun, and introduce forced induction into factory cars. That would be sweet, a Civic SiR-T from factory.

Nah, I'm dreaming.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

HONDA has to much of a hard on for hybrids and do not do their homework when it comes to knowing what consumers want. I agree that we do need hybrids and we will eventually all be driving them but the other half of the customer base are between 20-35 year old that still have a heart beat and like to have fun in a car that does not compare to a FUKEN MUSTANG.... Is this where HONDA is going??? When a CR-Z is being compared to a FUKEN MUSTANG... a V6 for that matter!!!!!! I guess this Tax season i will look into the 2 liter genesis, instead of a CR-Z or the now gone S2k :'''(
Old 11-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

serves them right. for 20 grand id rather get myself a mazda 3. not some ugly 2 door with a chopped trunk and no space
Old 11-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 90Rexx
Thats Funny, I believe there are 30+ CR-Zs rotting away on dealer lots within a 20 mile radius of me. I guess all the CR-Z's are in New England? lol
I agree, im from CT myself and can count on one hand how many cr-zs I have seen since they released.

I also heard that honda was not planning on taking the hybrid system out...Imo that is stupid. If you put the k20 or a k24 in there and scrapped the hybrid system that gives you less mileage then if you had just a normal gas engine then I bet the price would go down and as others said the sales figures will be higher
Old 12-01-2011, 01:02 PM
No Big Whoop

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

305 were sold in November.

I wonder if there are waiting lists at dealers to buy a CRZ?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its sad that they also scrapped the supercharged crz while still sticking with the hybrid system. car could have had guts and the economy but im sure it would put it into some ridiculous price range
Old 12-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Maxbore.com
305 were sold in November.

I wonder if there are waiting lists at dealers to buy a CRZ?
Better sales than Mitsubishi Galants & Endeavours combined all year.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they need to do something still to this day alot of tuners/ regular consumers would prefer to drive one of there older civic si, crx, s2000 over the crap they are releasing now.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it seems they are trying to stay sporty and cheap out on all the important stuff like suspension and power and spending it on making it look like its sporty instead. i do like that they brought back the hf but its going to be another half hearted attempt to do what they used to do.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If the car was badged "CRX", even if it looks shitty, and a hybrid, it probably would have sold more than it is... LoL
Old 12-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Westrock2000
Good thing they got rid of all those nasty sports cars (S2000, NSX, Civic Type R, Any of the Type R's).

They do have the Civic SI, but most people are saying the V6 Mustang is a better buy.
what was nasty about the s2k or ITR?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My friend is getting rid of his after just 10 months after purchase. Not exciting enough, fuel economy isn't as great as a "hybrid" should be. Funny, cuz thats what Honda was aiming for with this car.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Personally, had Honda ditched the hybrid system and gone with a 150hp K motor...hmm. The car needs a better focus, and a true purpose. It's trying too hard to be something it is not; a CRX reborn as a spunky hatch/coupe, good handling tree-hugger. Huh?

Right now, as it presently stands, the CRZ is the answer to a question that no one was asking in the first place.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

why don't they just through a k24 call it a type-r and roll with it?? look at a scion dealer ship...there made for every 18-30 looking for a quick car that's good on gas,lots of options for there little Tc.
Honda is too worried about fuel efficient cars...they need fun cars.they became popular because of the cr-z,the type-r and then when we grew up we went and bought an accord ...but now to the new generation ,all there seeing is Honda ssssllllooooww cars. they want a 4 banger that's cheap, they go to a scion dealer and buy a tc
i mean the si is good but 30k really honda?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There are no CR-z's but the re sale still sucks
Old 01-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just wanted to say that the electric assist motor is a good way to get an extra touch of torque down low, so i don't know why everyone is saying to scratch it??? You gotta look at the whole torque/horsepower curve and power to weight ratio to see the whole story... So don't try to make it simpler than it is... I do agree that they need to make an Si model before they're gonna make real sales (or better yet a type R)! The velocoster is supposed to come out with a turbo-charged model next year (i think) and its supposed to have about 200 horsepower... The k-motor with an electric assist or a turbo k would do wonders for sales and would provide the interchangibility that kept people interested in honda from the beginning..
Old 01-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think that everyone especially Honda in the states at least has jumped to much on the "hybrid" bandwagon. I don't think its the answer look over seas and all the new clean diesels that get 60+ miles to the gallon. And you can run biodiesel its a much more sustainable fuel.

With that part aside I like the look of the CR-Z however it is lacking in the performance department. I think they sould offer a higher model name it the SI or SIR or whatever have you. And put in the K20, and keep it gas for the people out there that want a sports car. And leave the lower models to the people who want the "ECO" crap.

It's a shame Honda could have done so much with the CR-Z to not only make it a fun car to drive, but also bring in a new group of buyers. Who knows maybe we will see an involvement from HPD to bring something to the CR-Z. With honda bringing out the Civic body in white. I don't know whats going to happen, but I do hope Honda changes stuff with the CR-Z.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Westrock2000
Good thing they got rid of all those nasty sports cars (S2000, NSX, Civic Type R, Any of the Type R's).

They do have the Civic SI, but most people are saying the V6 Mustang is a better buy.
^^and it definately is. 300hp, 30 mpg , 0-60 in the high 5s and youl get waaay more vagina with a mustang than a civic
Old 01-15-2012, 02:37 PM
No Big Whoop

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honda will never sell the CRZ with a regular engine. It would mean that their whole sports/hybrid concept is a failure.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rob.
If the car was badged "CRX", even if it looks shitty, and a hybrid, it probably would have sold more than it is... LoL
this. Marketing people, marketing. dumbass Honduh
Old 01-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by USDM_Rob
youl get waaay more vagina with a mustang than a civic
If you need a car to get vagina you're a dork.

...besides the kind of ***** you'd catch with a Mustang wouldn't be the kind of women I'd be looking at anyways.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxbore.com
Honda will never sell the CRZ with a regular engine. It would mean that their whole sports/hybrid concept is a failure.
...and it is.

The CR-Z is a f'ing TURD. I worked at a dealership when the CR-Z came out, and after driving one at length I can honestly say my Fit is every bit as "sporty" and the CR-Z doesn't even get amazing mpg.

The chassis was wasted on such a poor drivetrain choice.

Quick Reply: CR-Z sales figures... not good.