Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real World Streetability for HASport Hydro Conversion in EF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 04:27 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Real World Streetability for HASport Hydro Conversion in EF?

Yes I've searched this topic, but am posting my own thread due to not finding a lot of real-world info based on people's personal experiences. This topic is about the mechanical hydro tranny conversion kit offered by HASport seen here:

EFBHCL - Clutch - Accessories

I've got an EE wagon that currently has a B18B1, already OBD1, and a YS1 cable LS tranny. The current LS tranny grinds, the current mounts are vibration-inducing, and the linkages are garbage. All of that stuff is coming out sooner than later. I have a brand new set of HAsport anodized black mounts for B series swap with cable tranny, a YS1 B17A tranny and all new freshen up parts to make it right, and new linkages.

I have been presented an opportunity to grab a B series VTEC swap with a perfect, like-new LSD hydro tranny, so now I'm debating on my next move. It would be an easier decision to simply sell off my freshened up cable B17A tranny, and then drop in the complete hydro changeover IF I knew for certain the HASport conversion kit was flawless in its operation.

So my options:

A: Buy the swap, sell off the perfect hydro LSD tranny. Either run the open diff cable tranny, or throw in an LSD and not really make any money on the sale of the hydro tranny. This would allow me to keep the new cable mounts I've yet to install. So B series VTEC engine + my cable tranny.

B: Buy the complete swap, sell off the cable B17A tranny. Sell the brand new HASport cable B mounts (or maybe see if I can exchange them for the hydro ones?), grab the hydro HASport mount kit, then purchase the hydro conversion kit, and run the like-new hydro LSD tranny. So run the complete B series VTEC swap with hydro LSD tranny.

Other factors:

- I plan on running a mild clutch - OEM, or nothing more than what would translate into a "Stage 1" so I'm not going to have some ridiculous pressure plate.

- This will be a daily driven car, so streetabilty and stock-like actuation of the clutch are paramount for me.

So I'm looking for those of you who have first-hand experience with the hydro conversion kits in daily driven cars. I've seen things like clutch cables snapping, never being able to get proper adjustments, binding, and other misc. issues that caused me to post this topic. I do know that crazy clutch set-ups are usually the root cause, so if anyone here has run a mild clutch with this kit I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2016, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Real World Streetability for HASport Hydro Conversion in EF?

I'm running the Innovative Mounts cable to hydro conversion seen here:

https://www.innovativemounts.com/Pro...ductCode=41000

It felt oem smooth and flawless with an exedy oem replacement clutch.

I now have a Clutch Masters FX300 and although it is stiffer (pressure plate) it still engages smooth and predictably.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:48 AM
H-T Premium Sponsor

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

the EFBHCL was desinged for use with stock clutch or stock style OE replacement

real world ability is just fine when using those type clutch. its when people try and use stage 8 6 puc racing clutches or those types that the lever assembly will want to bind up and not function properly
Old 09-18-2016, 07:28 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Good information Hasport, I have this kit for a H2B swap with CC stage 1 that is nearing completion. : thumbup: