Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questins i have before Swap f22b1 into 94 EG civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 02:44 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 questins i have before Swap f22b1 into 94 EG civic

swap f22b1 vtec into a EG civic.

I'm new to this site and im not sure if i have put it in the right place so forgive me if i havent.

I'm looking at swapping the stock motor from a 94 EG civic think is the (B16 or B18) thats in my civic at the moment for a f22b1 vtec out of a 97 accord vti. Does the F22b1 fit without modifying the fire wall if i have to do this ill look into getting something different. what motors will fit in place if the F22b1 motor doesnt fit wothout modding firewall? and i would rather run a vtec motor. i have looked and seached around but havent found anything helpful.

And what is the best place to start with the F22b1 swap if it fits and is there any info you could give me on the best and easist way to do the swap.

and the stock motor isnt Vtec but the F22b1 is Vtec so how would i go about making the swap and getting the vtec to work?

im new to this fourm and site. I am new to swaps but i have friends that arent but however they are new to honda's. I can do most the work my self some ill have to get done by a "pro" like engine mounts and welding etc. but overall i should be ok but im not sure on the way to switch from non - vetc to a Vtec motor. even though i have all the wiring and ecu etc i dont want to have to rewire the whole car only parts the are necessary.

Both the stock (b16 or B18) and F22b1 are MT and both 5 speed, I have everything for the F22b1 vtec motor already, axles, gear box and all wiring ecu. in fact the whole car. As im in the process of pulling it apart.

If you can link a web site or any info on on this swap or other swaps that would be ideal for an EG civic that would be great.
thank you for reading
Old 07-12-2009, 11:01 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: questins i have before Swap f22b1 into 94 EG civic

After dropping the motor out of the civic i looked at the motor stamp again and relised that its not the B16 or B18 BUT infact its the D15 there was light scratchers in the stamp which made it hard to read while the motor was in the car.

I have also been told i would be better off with the B series or the H22 but the H22 swap i dont want to do as i know this can course probs later on. and you also get engine lean and massive understreer. would i be better off still putting the F22b1 in place of the D15 or going to a B series? i want a motor i can get the most gain from as ill be fully working the motor which ever way i go. but my knowledge on honda motors is slim and know nothing about any motor apart from the F22b1. As i have had that motor for a while now and done some work to it. but i know there are others out there that would be a BETTER swap than the F22b1