Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with gsr swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with gsr swap

I have a 92 vx and obd1 gsr motor and did the o2 sensor and knock sensor wire change on the shock tower and I also did the ecu wire change from A20 to A17 on my P72, but my cel keeps flashing code 3, the map sensor. Idle is rough, engine is sluggish and very rich. I changed the map sensor wit another one from the junk yard but it hasn't changed. Is it possible for the FITV or something else cause the map sensor code to trip? Do I need to change another wire? I daily this car so I need it running more efficiently.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Need help with gsr swap (90efmexstyle)

are you sure you have the map sensor plugged into the map sensor? sounds dumb but i believe the tps and map sensors plugs can be switched if i remember correctly.

another thing to do is use a multimeter with the pin outs and be sure all wires have continuity where there suppost to.

Landon
Old 05-18-2008, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Need help with gsr swap (boosted_dc2)

I was trying to figure out the problem with my friend when after switching map sensors with his engine, we noticed my throttle body was missing the tiny o-ring under the map. We put one in and the car was fine lol. But strange thing is just yesterday, I was driving, not too hard, and the cel turned on and the engine started misfiring again. I checked the cause and it was telling me map sensor again. I parked my car and looked at it again 4 hours later, and the cel was off and the car ran fine. Is there something else that can trip the map sensor? FITV, bad rotor and cap, spark plug wires? Im really stumped on this one, I think i need another engine harness.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:15 PM

no nothing trips the map sensor exept the map sensor, check the wiring again. try putting a new one on and see if it helps.

Landon
Old 05-19-2008, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Need help with gsr swap (boosted_dc2)

Ok I'm starting to see a pattern in my car. When I turn on the car, its fine no cel. I start driving and then the throttle starts hesitating. It gets worse and worse until the cel turns on and then the rich fuel maps start working. I can tell cuz i start smelling a lot of gas fumes. Then i turn it off and back on and the cel is off and the car is back to normal. I dont think its the map sensor, but I have a theory that the FITV is the cause. Hesitation in the throttle only occurs in 50% to 75% throttle, in WOT its fine. My question is when and how does the FITV operate?
Old 05-19-2008, 04:27 PM

the fitv won't cause the car to go into limp mode like its doing. Change out your map sensor and check you wiring for the 3rd time LOL.

Landon