Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my r swap with pics.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my r swap with pics.

as it sits its so puRty...lol

vacum line on the throttle body without ahome any idea where it goes?

vac line on intake mani any idea where it goes?

extral plugs that hang around the baclk of the intake mani

extra plug on front of intake mani

extra sometihin, splits off the wire that i ahve hooned to the iat

what i'm using for the iat

extra plug on the wires going to the vtec solenoid

so its a 00 gsr shell, i rebuilt the b18c1 that was in it twice, got sick of it, and opted for the 98+spec jdm itr engine. More specifically its a 99 and has 16k miles on it. Had some extra plugs and vac lines so if you guys know what they are or where they go of if they just hang there and look pretty lemme know. Oh and since my gsr was obd2b and the jdm itr is obd2a i ordered a obd2b to obd2a jumper and am going with a vafc2 for tuning for now. Now when i go boost thats another story ! Enjoy.
hope these pics help you help me...
Old 04-13-2006, 06:10 AM

Default Re: my r swap with pics. (mr_gs-r)

not to be a *** but this isn't the Integra forum... but nice swap
Old 04-13-2006, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that green plug should go on the vtec solenoid. the vac line on the TB can probably just be plugged. I dont know about the others.

Old 04-13-2006, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my r swap with pics. (onePOINTsix)

yeah i know its not the integra forum, but it is the caR forum and it to have a R motor. Dont see the problem. Sorry if i offended you guys, just got it finished and thought i'd throw it up on here.

and i've got some feedback from guys already on which plugs are what and where those vac lines go, just thought that since you guys were actually r owners you could verify the info.

and i just had that filter on there as a temp thing, my j's cf intake is on its way.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:59 AM

ill see if i can post the wiring diagram for ou. i had this problems once upon a time too
Old 04-13-2006, 08:00 AM

http://hondahookupc.temp.powwe...a.pdf
here go all the ay down to the last page. its the type r manifold diagrams
Old 04-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mr_gs-r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

extra plug on the wires going to the vtec solenoid
</TD></TR></TABLE>

JDM motors don't have VTEC oil pressure sensor, so that is why you have that extra plug. if you ever want to run a USDM OBD2 ECU (or OBD1 ECU that you haven't turned off that check in) then you should put on the VTEC Solenoid from your GSR that does have the oil pressure sensor.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my r swap with pics. (v-tec maz)

kick *** man thanks youre the only person to be able to find me a diagram. Thanks bro.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:07 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mr_gs-r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kick *** man thanks youre the only person to be able to find me a diagram. Thanks bro.</TD></TR></TABLE>
any time, pm me if you had any problems. you might have to extend some wires
Old 04-13-2006, 08:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v-tec maz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://hondahookupc.temp.powwe...a.pdf
here go all the ay down to the last page. its the type r manifold diagrams </TD></TR></TABLE>

awesome link....
Old 04-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my r swap with pics. (v-tec maz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YumVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

JDM motors don't have VTEC oil pressure sensor, so that is why you have that extra plug. if you ever want to run a USDM OBD2 ECU (or OBD1 ECU that you haven't turned off that check in) then you should put on the VTEC Solenoid from your GSR that does have the oil pressure sensor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok so it is the oil pressure switch, thats what i was told, and i was also told that the jdm p73 would not be looking for that sensor and there was no need to hook it up, thanks for verifying. But i didnt know that if i wanted to run a usdm obd2 or obd1 that i'd have to plug it up so thanks, that will help wheni change to a chipped ecu.

it's all installed now, it runs...like **** i might add...on the p72...just waiting on the conversion harness to hook up the p73. Ididnt have to extend any wires we just switched the gsr harness to the itr engine, it was easy. One more question how the hell do i pm someone? not really used the site that much...that is such a noob question...lol for help
Old 04-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow that filters right up on the mani, crazy!!
Old 04-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hooptie157)

post up pics of the rest of car.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:00 AM

Default Re: (typer_696)

hey btw let me know when you figure out what that vacume line is for. cause i need to know too, mine is not even hooked up
Old 04-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey, if you are using the GSR harness on your ITR motor then you will have an extra plug for the IAB (dual runner butterflies in the GSR intake manifold doesn't exist on the single runner ITR mani).
Old 04-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my r swap with pics. (YumVTEC)

here's where those vacuum line goes.

Doesn't look like you have a purge solenoi though. the line from the intake manifold goes to the purge solenoid then to the evap canister. the one on the throttle body goes straight to the canister.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my r swap with pics. (aeon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aeon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">here's where those vacuum line goes.

Doesn't look like you have a purge solenoi though. the line from the intake manifold goes to the purge solenoid then to the evap canister. the one on the throttle body goes straight to the canister.</TD></TR></TABLE>
f-in awesome man, but i dont have that purge control valve so would i just run it straight to the evap cannister?<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YumVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey, if you are using the GSR harness on your ITR motor then you will have an extra plug for the IAB (dual runner butterflies in the GSR intake manifold doesn't exist on the single runner ITR mani).</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah i knew that was what the ones on the back of the im were for, and a couple of people have verified that now so thanks for the help.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v-tec maz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey btw let me know when you figure out what that vacume line is for. cause i need to know too, mine is not even hooked up </TD></TR></TABLE>
which vac line you talkin about? and i'll let you know<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by typer_696 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">post up pics of the rest of car.</TD></TR></TABLE>
sure thing as soon as i get home i will.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hooptie157 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow that filters right up on the mani, crazy!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah i know it was just to keep anything from gettin in the engine, my j's racing c/f intake and box is on the way, its comin from over the sea so its takina while should be here next week if i'm lucky.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you plan on smogging your car legally, you'll need that purge solenoid.. if not, i guess you can run it straight to your canister.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (aeon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aeon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you plan on smogging your calr legally, you'll need that purge solenoid.. if not, i guess you can run it straight to your canister.</TD></TR></TABLE>
expletive smog...we dont have emissions tests where i live so i'm not too worried about it, i'm already obd converting so it wouldnt pass anyway...lol. What i am asking is, is it safe to just run it straight to the evap cannister, are there any drawbacks of doing it that way.

did my gsr engine have that purge solenoid, if it did i'll just steal it off of my old motor and hook it up if it is the same.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (mr_gs-r)

wtf
Old 04-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (itr1244)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr1244 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wtf</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF what...read the thread and maybe your WTF will be answered.

if its about the filter i already said why its like that a few times. j's racing c/f intake and box on the way from JDM land...filter keeps animals from getting in my motor...lol

also should i ditch the a/c and p/s, i mean is it really worth it?
Old 04-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (mr_gs-r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mr_gs-r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WTF what...read the thread and maybe your WTF will be answered.

if its about the filter i already said why its like that a few times. j's racing c/f intake and box on the way from JDM land...filter keeps animals from getting in my motor...lol

also should i ditch the a/c and p/s, i mean is it really worth it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha easy boy..

i just had a J's racing inatke. and sold it to another memeber here.. i liked it alot .
nice swap..but yeah now

GTFO
Old 04-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, get rid of the AC and PS, you don't need those.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (itr1244)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr1244 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haha easy boy..

i just had a J's racing inatke. and sold it to another memeber here.. i liked it alot .
nice swap..but yeah now

GTFO </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol...yeah i know all my friends been laughing at it...but seriously i livein the boondocks and i done want a damn chipmunk or squirrel or somethin crawling up in my im...plus like bugs and dirt and stuff, you know.

ANd i orderd the intake the same day i ordered the motor and it's still not here, it's been shipped and everything, but its comin from japan so it takes a while.

So you liked the j's, i think it was well worth the 295 i paid, it comes with the intake and box, looks really nice, but i'm not sure about fitment with a/c and abs yet...guess we'll see when it gets here.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, get rid of the AC and PS, you don't need those. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i'm thinkin, not worried about the p/s i have a loop kit sittin my garage now. But the a/c, i sorta like not sweatin my ballz off everytime i get in the car...
Old 04-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (neo_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by neo_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Its not.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1194241</TD></TR></TABLE>

well **** that was a 295 dollar kick in the nuts...lol. Well hey i guess i'll see how it gors and i may have a j's intake for sale before too long. The aem is only like 190 or 200 dollars, i could have saved 100 bucks on that one...well hell what can you do.

Quick Reply: my r swap with pics.