Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kansas City Shuffle (h2b inside)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kansas City Shuffle (h2b inside)

I did the "Kansas City Shuffle" (rights go to lucky number slevin for the name)

I bought another h22 to throw in my prelude, and threw my engine in my civic with a QS kit and a new type r tranny.

Here are pics, pretty much self explanatory, but the engine makes 252 to the wheels, 89x95, etc, etc...

I'll start from the beginning. Here is the prelude losing it's heart.

Here are the goods.

Pictures of the work in progress...

Now... the real progress!!

Yeah matt, turn that wrench while i go on picture taking rampage.

holy intake manifold plenum batman!

hahahaha barnette in the driver seat.

all finished

And, what matt did to my hood while we were taking a small break to have a beer or 10.

a before picture of the civic engine bay.

and.... AFTER

there is a HOPEFULLY small issue that needs to be worked out. And then video time.

Thanks to
QuarterSport Drag
The people I bought the random b-series parts from
good ol' honda/acura for the tranny because no one sells a used one for a decent price
and as always, thanks again to RMF and RLZ for obvious reasons.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:32 PM

whats the plan to get the hood to fit?
Old 07-17-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Kansas City Shuffle (The Birdman)

now all you have to do is find some traction

you shouldnt have any problems at the track seeing 11sec. et's w/ the proper suspension setup. goodluck w/ it
Old 07-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Kansas City Shuffle (Missing Gears)

F*ing sick! Run it without the hood. We wanna see what the motor's capable of at the track!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pffffff, who needs a damn hood anyways I can't imagine how quick this is and fun to drive. Sad to see your lude loose it's strong heart but to each his own. Bud heavy
Old 07-17-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96vtecI4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats the plan to get the hood to fit?</TD></TR></TABLE>that's what I was thinking!! looking good man! that RLZ manifold is sticking out way too much. Let me have it 11's for sure
Old 07-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yesss.....no hood FTW

we just need to get the sawzall going and hack it to fit

I call driving it second
Old 07-17-2007, 07:14 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (mgags7)

So the header worked without having to chsnge it?
Old 07-17-2007, 07:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mgags7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yesss.....no hood FTW

we just need to get the sawzall going and hack it to fit

I call driving it second </TD></TR></TABLE>

you may want to hack the fenders while your at it to fit a larger tire under it

i seem to recall spinning 1st through most of 4th w/ mine on drag radials. oh yeah and it did chirp 5th as well .....but it never really went anywhere definately more fun at the track kind of scary on the hwy in a hb.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: (RMF Headers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Missing Gears &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now all you have to do is find some traction

you shouldnt have any problems at the track seeing 11sec. et's w/ the proper suspension setup. goodluck w/ it </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha I know traction will be a bit of a problem...

thanks for the encouragement, I hope to see some good times.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96vtecI4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats the plan to get the hood to fit?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hood plans are none right now, but when i have the money, i plan to get a big *** scoop! Redneck style.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RMF Headers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So the header worked without having to chsnge it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, it's pointed almost right at the firewall with the angle the engine is at, but for now, I am just gonna deal with no exhaust (LOUDNESS)
Old 07-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (The Birdman)

so this is what you've been up to...
Old 07-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Won't the Type R tranny be too short geared for that much power?

Hope to see some nice vids and time slips.

Good luck man! Subscribed.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:01 PM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (Pippen_001)

art thou be called "super JDM hood tilt"
Old 07-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (98vtec)

hell yeah,that thing is sick
Old 07-18-2007, 01:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Winlight)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">art thou be called "super JDM hood tilt"</TD></TR></TABLE>

its going to be a gangsta tilt!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the civic gutted? Is this going to be street legal? Or a drag queen? Estimated weight?

Looks great. I say just hack out the civic hood for the TB/IM/CAI piping it'll get some looks as you fly by other people that way.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The car is completely gutted, though I don't think anything other than the noise and the hood problem will keep it from being street legal. We could take care of those problems quick.

We're having a slight driveability issue right now though, I'm gonna datalog it tonight and see if we can figure anything out.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IN FOR TRACK RESULTS
Old 07-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (9WON4)

This things gonna kill it! What tranny are you using BTW?

Depending on your weight, and slick size, mid 11s is very very possible!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BolivianFuego)

John is that a 4.4 or 4.7 FD?

It's gonna fly!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:44 AM

damn.. what did you guys do about the header since it was originally made for a h22 and not h2b spec
Old 07-18-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: (rebo0t)

thanks for the compliments guys, and the tranny is a 98 usdm teggy type r tranny for the guy who asked, which, to answer Matt's question makes it a 4.4 FD. The car is gutted for the most part, but still all that gay sound deadening **** that needs to be taken out.

I am getting a lot of questions about the header, but I am not running an exhaust and the header exit pipe is pretty short, so it clears the actual body of the car, and just points up a bit towards the firewall. I couldn't run an exhaust because it's too close to get a bend in there to bring it back towards the exhaust tunnel. I will address this issue if I ever want an exhaust, but for now, I'm content being hoodless and exhaustless. I am just happy to get it running.

Well, the reason for it running a bit wierd may be a long and odd story, so I'll just say we got it running right and it feels amazing!! loses traction quickly, but it sure is fun. there are a few issues that we found that are bad news though... although they aren't something that require extreme urgency. First, the cam seal on the intake side is a little leaky, NO FUN! and second, the water pipe seems to be leaking some. For now, I am just glad to have it on the road with no MAJOR issues holding me back. I'll get a video sometime soon, and hopefully make it to the track a time or two before school starts back up.

-John
Old 07-18-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Kansas City Shuffle (The Birdman)

Sick man

Your friends with a good buddy of mine named brad... He talks about this thing alot, I cant wait to see what it does
Old 07-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Birdman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the compliments guys, and the tranny is a 98 usdm teggy type r tranny for the guy who asked, which, to answer Matt's question makes it a 4.4 FD. The car is gutted for the most part, but still all that gay sound deadening **** that needs to be taken out.

I am getting a lot of questions about the header, but I am not running an exhaust and the header exit pipe is pretty short, so it clears the actual body of the car, and just points up a bit towards the firewall. I couldn't run an exhaust because it's too close to get a bend in there to bring it back towards the exhaust tunnel. I will address this issue if I ever want an exhaust, but for now, I'm content being hoodless and exhaustless. I am just happy to get it running.

Well, the reason for it running a bit wierd may be a long and odd story, so I'll just say we got it running right and it feels amazing!! loses traction quickly, but it sure is fun. there are a few issues that we found that are bad news though... although they aren't something that require extreme urgency. First, the cam seal on the intake side is a little leaky, NO FUN! and second, the water pipe seems to be leaking some. For now, I am just glad to have it on the road with no MAJOR issues holding me back. I'll get a video sometime soon, and hopefully make it to the track a time or two before school starts back up.

-John</TD></TR></TABLE>

GL! If you can get the weight to 2200lbs with you in it your good for 11.5ish. IF you know how to drive.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:40 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Birdman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was in the same situation, my rmf header pointed towards the firewall, but mine wasn't short enough to clear anything. i didn't want to cut the header but i had no choice. Since it pointed up, we measured and cut it at a slight angle, then turned it almost most 180 degrees and welded it up, so it pointed almost straight back

Quick Reply: Kansas City Shuffle (h2b inside)