Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jdm H22 from HMO motors awaiting transplant to 92 hatch

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jdm H22 from HMO motors awaiting transplant to 92 hatch

So i have some questions about this engine,

Exactly what all can i remove from it? I have looked at https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/650329 this good thread but have some questions about certian sensors/vacuum line routings.

1. Why did the stock h22 engine have a solenoid between the fuel pressure regulator and the intake manifold? is this for cold engine enrichment at startup? this is one of the things on the link above you can remove.

2. the charcole canister removal I recieved this with my h22 engine from HMO motors and do not plan on connecting it, the way I have my line routed is the tube that comes off the top of the gas tank for fuel vapor is going to be simply run right into my intake manifold. The 1 way valve is still in place if i suck on the tube that comes off the top of the gas tank it builds suction although if i apply a pressure to the tube it goes right through. So is this allright to be running that vent tube right into the intake manifold? Or should i simply just put a breather in place of that vacuum line from the top of the fuel tank?

or even eaysier idea get a vented gas cap? and elimnate 10ish feet of tube along with that valve?

3. the IAB vtec rewire so that your IAB valve actuates once vtec kicks in, Has anyone done this and is it even worth doing? granted the technical details of doing this seems quite easy and nifty if i dont say so myself... but is it worth the effort?

4. A larger throttle body I think i saw a 74mm one somewhere for it? do you need to do any sort of adjustment with adding this to a stock fuel map? It seems to me technically speaking if you add on a larger throttle body you would be getting more air at the same throttle position as you would with the stock one which seems to me that the car would run leaner throughout the whole map? unless the manifold absolute pressure sensor "MAP" compensated or read the same value? kinda thinking outside the box here and semi stumped..

Thanks.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump
Old 09-19-2007, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Jdm H22 from HMO motors awaiting transplant to 92 hatch (likwidchz)

Ok I"ll try this....

1. That solenoid I do believe is the Evap purge solenoid, it should have a pair of vacuum hoses running to it. It just happens to be mounted on the fuel rail of the JDM H22. It shouldn't have any fuel lines connecting to it if I recall the one you're talking about.

2. Personally I would just hook everything up in a stock manner, no guess work and it's not going to cost you any power. Just follow the vacuum routing diagrams for the '92 and connect where appropriate on the H22.

3. Some have suggested that having the IAB open when VTEC does will cause the engine to BOG as it's a huge change in the airflow. I haven't done this. One option is to get a P13 (stock) or chipped P72 to support the IAB. Another option is to just leave them open all the time, or to run a vacuum line from the solenoid to the manifold. It'll stay closed at low throttle, and as you go to full it'll open up when vacuum drops off.

4. No idea, ask this in the All Motor section. My suggestion would to get a ECU chipped for all the various mods your car will have.