Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed with a 2000 ITR engine bay wiring harness!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed with a 2000 ITR engine bay wiring harness!

I have been working on restoring a theft recovery ITR shell for some time now and I am on the home stretch in getting the car up and running, but I have stumbled on to a big problem I was wondering you guys could help solve for me.

The car is a 2000 USDM Integra Type R (that has an immobilizer equipped as standard equipment). My engine is a 1998 USDM Integra GSR OBD 2 Motor with a GSR Tranny with a lot of goodies .

The problem is that when the sons of bitches stole my poor car they were not smart enough to unplug the fucken engine harness clips. Instead the asshats opted to cut the whole engine harness. I had to take on the lovely job of matching all the f-en wires back together. I managed to match all of the wires except 3 wires.

In this picture you can see that I have 2 wires that are labeled "A" and 1 wire labeled as "B". Now the problem is that the 2 wires labeled A have the same color (which is a black wire with a yellow strip and 1 silver dot running along the length of the wire.)
My question is will it make a difference which wire on the complementary end is matched up with its counter part?

the primary problem I ran into at the end while I was matching wires up was on the harness that came off the engine I had 2 (black wires with yellow stripes and 1 silver dot), and 1 (blue wire with 2 silver dots).

While on the other hand the engine harness that came off the car had 2 (black wires with yellow stripes and 1 silver dot), and 1 (white wire with a green stripe). this was my biggest worry because while I was looking through my helms manual the white wire with the green stripe had a lot of different possibilities (like alternator, immobilizer, horn, security system the list goes on.

If I can get any of these questions answered I would be forever indebted to the person who helps me out:

1.) Will it matter what (black wire with a yellow stripe and 1 silver dot) I match up with the other wire on the complementary side?

2.) What is the primary purpose of the (black wire with a yellow stripe and 1 silver dot) in the engine and in the car?

3.) What is the (white wire with a green stripe) that is coming from the ITR's engine harness do? (What is it for?)

4.) What is the (blue wire with the 2 silver dots) that is coming from the engines harness serve or do? (What is it for?)

5.) What wires should be matched up with each other? (If I have not listed them)

Any help is GREATLY appreciated due to the fact that I have had no luck here in town in finding an answer. The funny thing is that Acura didn’t even know what to tell me

Modified by omiehomie at 10:27 PM 1/14/2006
Old 01-14-2006, 10:16 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

the black with yellows both should be a ground so if you connected them with the corresponding single wire from the cabin harness you should be ok.
the white green, **** i couldnt find anything on that one. i have a 98 helms and it didnt break it down enough.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1 2 NV)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1 2 NV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the black with yellows both should be a ground so if you connected them with the corresponding single wire from the cabin harness you should be ok.
the white green, **** i couldnt find anything on that one. i have a 98 helms and it didnt break it down enough.</TD></TR></TABLE>

see thats the same thing i was thinking that the black ones would be grounds of some sort but i am stuck on that white wire with the green stripe because it can be a lot of things

but thanks again man for clearing the grounds up for me
Old 01-15-2006, 09:16 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (omiehomie)

i sat here last night looking through my helms for about 20 minutes for that damn wire. never really did find it. that connector has 14 pins but i only found 7 pin wires that correspond to the connector. i looked all through chapter 11 and chapter 23 and only chapter 11 had any info on it.
i did not however look through the AT section. those other 7 wires in that connector that arent accounted for might be for autos, dont know for sure though.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its a type r and the body is preset for a manual application so i dont think there could of been a automatic tranny in it. some help hunting this wire down would be kick ***
Old 01-15-2006, 01:14 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (omiehomie)

what i was saying is that IF a car is equipped with an auto tranny those last 7 wires that i couldnt track down might be used in that plug. whether its auto, manual or whatever the plus are the same.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn man im at the bink of giving up because that white wire with the green stripe can be for the horn, abs , immoblizer , security system , alternator, or the brake switch. im a bit worried about this damn wire