Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2b Flywheel ACT Streetlite vs ACT Prolite

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H2b Flywheel ACT Streetlite vs ACT Prolite

hi

i need some help deciding what flywheel to use for H2B, ive been reading opinions for a few days and need to order a flywheel.

My car will be mostly road use, daily driver.

Some ppl say a 8lbs flywheel is ok for road use/trafic and taking off while others say its not good.

im using a S80 gearbox and the stock h22 flywheel i weighed was 18lb.

Is it easy to get used to a 8lbs flywheel for daily driving or is not worth the haslle of reving high just to take off when driving on local roads and traffic.

Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H2b Flywheel ACT Streetlite vs ACT Prolite

Originally Posted by H2B-EK4
hi

i need some help deciding what flywheel to use for H2B, ive been reading opinions for a few days and need to order a flywheel.

My car will be mostly road use, daily driver.

Some ppl say a 8lbs flywheel is ok for road use/trafic and taking off while others say its not good.

im using a S80 gearbox and the stock h22 flywheel i weighed was 18lb.

Is it easy to get used to a 8lbs flywheel for daily driving or is not worth the haslle of reving high just to take off when driving on local roads and traffic.

Thanks
My Toda flywheel weighed about 8.9lbs and was crazy on my ITR setup...a little touchy with a stiff clutch and short take up but you get used to it.

On a torque happy motor like an H22 I would imagine it would be even crazier lol...the downside to most lighter flywheels is you dont build the inertia like a heavier flywheel at launch but with the torque of an H22 it wont effect you as much.

I loved my toda fly...motor wanted to rev whenever I hit the gas and response was awesome...try it...I think you will like it
Old 10-23-2009, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a pro & love it.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had a 10lb evolution industries on my H2B and didn't find it significantly different than driving my '86 civic with a stock EW series engine.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How about road use will the revs drop alot quickly when slowing down? im in the uk and we get alot of traffic here around my area were you an be stop and start for 30-60mins if trying to get into city centre.

also is there alot of performance diffrence between a 8.9lbs and the 12.5 lbs, stock h22 was 18.4 lbs so both are lighter, i will be running no ac, no power steering, no balance shaft so do you reckon 12.5lbs will be ok for both performance and daily driving, thanks