Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2B / F2B FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (BIG T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BIG T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much lower does an H2B sit than a B-series in an EK (ground clearance)</TD></TR></TABLE>

depends on which kit.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bense)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Moving on, if you remove the balance shafts with the kaizen speed kit, use a machined h22 crank pulley and use an explicitspeed alternator kit 1/2" moved over* along with that shortened H23 tensioner stud. I see no reason at all that anyone will need to modify the frame at all.

* = explicitspeed will have to make this for you, read their site for more info about this.

If you don't want to go through the process of removing the balance shafts, you could just run this cover that bisi sells, it is made so that you can just remove the gear cover and bolt this thing on with the balance shaft still in place. I did this and remove the gear from the exhaust side balance shaft.
Name:  DSCN2614.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  150.7 KB

That's all for now</TD></TR></TABLE>

what did you about the front balance shaft pulley?

As even though you take off the pulley there still looks like there is about 3-4 inches sticking out of the block. Won;t this interfere with the frame rail?

Also would it be ok to to grind on the excess that sticks out of the block??

thank you

Modified by BIG T at 11:03 PM 3/18/2008
Old 04-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Re: H2B FAQ (Bense)

Folks I just deleted 7 pages of useless chit chat in here. There is a reason that I created this FAQ. I put everything that one would need to know at the front of this thread and spoon fed it to all of you.

Any time someone says "quick question" "i gotta quick question" "hey guys i got a quick question" what they really mean is.

"I know that this has already been addressed, and I'm too lazy to read through it, so can you guys answer it for me again"

This drives me crazy. In a classroom lecture when a teacher/professor is advising and instructing students, the words from his mouth can only be heard for a very brief second. The availability for each word is in a very small window of time. If you're thinking about something else, you can easily miss the instructions.

but online it's completely different, if you miss something, you just scroll up, or read the first page. you have this luxury and many of you are not taking advantage of this because you are LAZY!!!! I am not going to sit here and answer the same questions over and over, and I would hope that the other more knowledgable guys not answer a question that has already been answered in here.

The next person that says "quick question" about something that was addressed on the first page. I am going to dock points and delete their posts.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Re: (BIG T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BIG T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what did you about the front balance shaft pulley?

As even though you take off the pulley there still looks like there is about 3-4 inches sticking out of the block. Won;t this interfere with the frame rail?

Also would it be ok to to grind on the excess that sticks out of the block??

thank you</TD></TR></TABLE>

First, thank you for asking a question that has not already been addressed, this is a good example of what is allowed in here.

I just removed the pulley off the balance shaft. The crank pulley stuck out further than the balance shaft pulley. There was like an inch between the frame rail and that BS shaft.

Remember, I have F2D which has even less clearance than you F/H2B guys.

WTF2D
Old 04-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HondaCivicSiR1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaCivicSiR1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it will sit the as b series motor but the h/f motor are taller then b series.now i have question for the h2b guy's is anyone using a oem flywheel with qsd kit?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I will be, my swap should be in, in about 2weeks.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Rav

does anyone know anything about these Clutch masters clutch and flywheel kit for the qsd????
Old 04-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rav)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rav &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anyone know anything about these Clutch masters clutch and flywheel kit for the qsd????</TD></TR></TABLE>

its just a machined flywheel so you dont have to use the spacer, the extra material is already built into the flywheel.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:12 AM

Default Re: (skunked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you mean QSD?

You need to shave the block so the CV housing and mid shaft clear the block.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

my mid shaft is resting on my block and oil pan but it bolts up fine and is flush with the adapter plate.. do you guys think that its fine or should i try to grind a little off of the mid shaft?
Old 04-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DSRxGOOMPA)

i ground some off the midshaft, im not sure how man people did this, but nothing touch's on mine, i did this just to be safe.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are the qsd kits back out yet?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:38 PM

Default Re: (Dr. *****)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr. ***** &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i ground some off the midshaft, im not sure how man people did this, but nothing touch's on mine, i did this just to be safe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

could anything get damaged from it laying on the block and oil pan?
Old 05-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My hatch had h2b when I bought it. It has a b16 hydro tranny that's done. idk much yet about h2b but learning quick. Just wondering if I can get another b16/gsr/itr/ls tranny for it and just throw it on without replacing anything else? Really just wondering if I need to change anything else if I run something other than a b16? Thanks just tryin to get this **** fixed guys. Sorry if its already been discussed.

-chris
Old 05-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (darkblackH2B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by darkblackH2B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My hatch had h2b when I bought it. It has a b16 hydro tranny that's done. idk much yet about h2b but learning quick. Just wondering if I can get another b16/gsr/itr/ls tranny for it and just throw it on without replacing anything else? Really just wondering if I need to change anything else if I run something other than a b16? Thanks just tryin to get this **** fixed guys. Sorry if its already been discussed.

-chris </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, any 5 spd B tranny will bolt up. If you car is hydro make sure you get a hydro trans

Old 05-01-2008, 04:59 PM

Default Re: (skunked)

is the oil dip stick going to have the same readings? or will it be off because of the way to motor is positioned
Old 05-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DSRxGOOMPA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is the oil dip stick going to have the same readings? or will it be off because of the way to motor is positioned</TD></TR></TABLE>

when your cologne is tilted does it spray the same when its straight?
Old 05-02-2008, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.Hatches.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Hatches. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

when your cologne is tilted does it spray the same when its straight?</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats a stupid question. but i understand the point.

is the bottle full? if it is almost empty of course it doesn't.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h22apwrdcivic)

This is a FAQ thread, not a discussion. Since the engine is tilted different from its original location of course it won't read the same. JDogg said 5 quarts was treating him well, try that
Old 05-02-2008, 09:41 PM

Default Re: (HeikDiesel)

if some one knows the exact angle the h2b set up is tilted compared to the stock angle, and also the oil level at stock angle with the appropriate amount of oil, the proper fill position on the h22 dipstick can be calculated with a little math.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:51 PM

Default Re: (lollypopking)

got an exhaust question that i did not see. For those of you who did not modify the collector section of whatever header they used, but just bent the downpipe to the proper angle, what modifications need to the be done to, say a cat back system, to run a cat and the header?

my plan is to initially use the stock header, bend the downpipe and modify the length (if nessessary) to acompany a cat/test pipe and and standard catback exhaust system.

suggestions?
Old 05-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does anyone know if the QSD Ef kit is available yet? i emailed Seth but no reply.

http://www.hondamarketplace.co...57630
evolution h2b full kit for eg/dc for sale
Old 05-12-2008, 07:18 AM

heres a pic of my moded header not the best fit but better then nothing
Name:  h2bmotor4.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  5.9 KB
Name:  header.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  5.4 KB
Old 05-12-2008, 07:32 AM

man sorry it's not letting me put the actuall pic of the modded section of the header i dont know wats up but ill figure it out
Old 05-12-2008, 07:42 AM

Default Re: (randomnineh2b)

Modified by randomnineh2b at 8:50 AM 5/12/2008
Old 05-17-2008, 12:41 PM

does anyone have pics of how much clearance there is between there axle and the block? my boots keep rubbing on the block and i have shaved so much off already
Old 06-13-2008, 09:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by randomnineh2b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heres a pic of my moded header not the best fit but better then nothing
Name:  h2bmotor4.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  5.9 KB
Name:  header.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  5.4 KB
</TD></TR></TABLE>
any larger pics?

Quick Reply: H2B / F2B FAQ