Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this even possible??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this even possible??

Well I was wondering if it is possible to swap a C-series motor into a V-6 Accord ??? I have seen other Mid engine swap into fwd cars like mr2 turbo into a camry, but could it be done with this comb.??? how much work & money would it take???
Old 10-07-2002, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is this even possible?? (fastnike)

Just wondering what is a C-series motor?
Old 10-07-2002, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this even possible?? (Breakdancer)

I thought C-series motors were NSX motors.(maybe im wrong) Well im guess im askin if an nsx motor can be put into the accord engine bay.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought C-series motors were NSX motors.(maybe im wrong) Well im guess im askin if an nsx motor can be put into the accord engine bay.
No.
NSX=rear mounted engine, rear wheel drive
Accord=front mounted engine, front wheel drive.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Is this even possible?? (Breakdancer)

well ive seen the good ol ae86 with an s2000 engine in it! with the right amount of money anything would be possible....now why wouldnt you just put an h22 turbo in the accord for a fraction of the price!?
Old 10-07-2002, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this even possible?? (KAMiN)

NSX=rear mounted engine, rear wheel drive
Accord=front mounted engine, front wheel drive.
Yeah but isnt the NSX a MR not a FR config. ?? I thought a MR engine can be put into a ff car. For example a Toyota MR-2 Turbo engine (3sgte) can be put into a FWD Camry.

why wouldnt you just put an h22 turbo in the accord for a fraction of the price!?
I was just wondering if this could be done and wouldn't the NSX motor be better to work with?
Old 10-07-2002, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe the MR2 turbo engine is the same as a Celica engine from the same years. It's more than possible, but I don't know, that it's also the same as a Camry engine....
The new MR Spyders are also the same engines as the Celicas (correct me if I'm wrong).

An NSX and an Accord, on the other hand, are two completely different cars. Your logic of "I thought a MR engine can be put into a ff car." is way off and backwards. The Toyotas can be swapped because they are the same engines, not because of their configurations. Toyota started off with two same engines and put them into two different cars. Therefore, swaps between the cars work.

Honda started off with two completely different engines and put them into two completely different cars. Therefore, the swap will not be so easy.

[Modified by Lsos, 6:24 AM 10/8/2002]
Old 10-07-2002, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is this even possible?? (Lsos)

i think.. if someone had the money to pull that swap off.... they would prolly just buy the nsx. i would... but then agen i dont have money for either....
Old 10-08-2002, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this even possible?? (Lsos)

I believe the MR2 turbo engine is the same as a Celica engine from the same years. It's more than possible, but I don't know, that it's also the same as a Camry engine....
The new MR Spyders are also the same engines as the Celicas (correct me if I'm wrong).

An NSX and an Accord, on the other hand, are two completely different cars. Your logic of "I thought a MR engine can be put into a ff car." is way off and backwards. The Toyotas can be swapped because they are the same engines, not because of their configurations. Toyota started off with two same engines and put them into two different cars. Therefore, swaps between the cars work.
But they aren't the same engine MR2 turbo has a 3sgte while the camry has 5sfe, but they do come form the same family sort a speak. The old All Trac Celcia's also came with the 3sgte but they are for AWD so the trannies dont match up. I don't think the new MR-S comes with the celica engine, maybe the new ones.(But i could be wrong).

Honda started off with two completely different engines and put them into two completely different cars. Therefore, the swap will not be so easy.
I not know much about hondas but don't you guys swap different engines in to different cars?? For Example H22 into the civic chasis and all the other combs. (but then again they are all fwd)

How much can u get a NSX engine for anyways???
Why wouldn't work anyways? (except for that they are 2 totally different engines)

[Modified by fastnike, 8:56 PM 10/8/2002]
Old 10-08-2002, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I not know much about hondas but don't you guys swap different engines in to different cars?? For Example H22 into the civic chasis and all the other combs. (but then again they are all fwd)
You're pretty much right about everything. The Toyota engines come from the same "family". Engine swaps in Hondas work the same way. D series and B series are different, but they are close enough physically and electronically that they can be made to fit easily. H series are more different, and they are therefore harder to make fit. NSX is so much different that no mortal like you and me has attempted to do it. I mean, the cars the engines go into aren't even made out of the same material. It's possible, but the price for the engine itself would probably be good for much more power other ways.

I'm sure that people have done it, but then again, there's people that make it their life goal to fly around the world in a baloon or some sh*it like that....

[Modified by Lsos, 5:04 AM 10/9/2002]