Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBW EK J32a3 swap w/ P&P HARNESS

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DBW EK J32a3 swap w/ P&P HARNESS

Well Honda Tunning got me going when i read the new magazine . Page 86 talks about the J-swap and a lot of mis-information . One of the thing that got me the most was that , DBW would but hard , or near imposable to do. I had a lot of you guy ask me if could be done , well after that bulls%@* artical i made ti a reality . i have now the design for all DBW systems and will have the software hack shorty. there is a company that make a hand programmer for the 06 - 08 TL type-s car now . so i will be using that info to make it happen. So for all you non beleivers out that , EAT A D%$#!!!!!!.

so on with the build:

alot of guys asked about what belt to use here is the answer:

we make a better bracket for the side of the tranny. thanks to the guys at J32a.com
for group help on that design:

What makes the magic happen is the sensor in the lower corner were the battery was. It is the APP sensor . how the K DBW swaps make the APP sensor part of the petal box , the J DBW swap uses a module on the fire wall to , so you can keep you cable pedal box from your civic or acura.

Here is the Money Shot the heart of the DBW system . separate fuse box and relays for all the different systems . the throttle control module , ecu , and the key from the stock is also need to make this work. the hacking of the Immobilizer system wont be that bad . we are coming out with 2 way of handling that problem. 1 reflash , so it does not see the key immobilizer system . 2 hardware timer to make it think the key is in the system.

just another look at the APP sensor and the clearances you have with the j32a3 engine. we made the drivers is axle out of three axles . DA / J32a3 driver and passanger axles works perfect .

Well at the end i did this car in 13 day after the Artical came out , just to prove that it could be done . On top of all that we drove it to Honda Day in E-town NJ , which is 125 miles one way. For the tq / hp well , 278 / 271 that is not bad for a stock engine in this car. As far as MIL problems just the basic codes of Evap , 2 of them . i can make them go away just have not done it yet . once i do that , then it will come back clean codes. So if anyone what to do one of this swap the world just opened up for all of us . thank to the guys out there for your support and help keeping me going.
The following users liked this post:
Old 08-21-2010, 03:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DBW EK J32a3 swap w/ P&P HARNESS

Good work. I thought the money shot with these, was with the hood closed.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm so glad I was able to contribute to this...
Old 08-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice
Old 08-31-2010, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by paton5g
I'm so glad I was able to contribute to this...
other than you ran your mouth about me to people i know , what do you help me with ? money , time , or parts ? i dont think so!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rpm systems
other than you ran your mouth about me to people i know , what do you help me with ? money , time , or parts ? i dont think so!
Listen Pal,

Do you really want to go down this road? You want me to embarrass you on a forum you have no business being a part of?

You are everything that's wrong with this industry. You lie, cheat, and steal your way to the top and guess what... You've pissed off more people then you've helped.

Get off my favourite forum... GTFO honda-tech

P.S. You type like a child.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

embarrass me ? how? you so fake and gay guy that listen to everyone else like rich6 about what to do to make you j32a3 to work . i try to help you but you think you know everything , so you spent way to much money on your swap . you could have done 3 for what you spent . if you listen to me you would not have had that happen. embarrass me ? i did have done my own work, design my own mounts , custom build electronics that make the car drive right. all you done is run your mouth and try to take credit for work that you could never figure out in you life time . so think before you speak to me about being embarrassed!!! my name is known , no matter if good or bad , it still known . you on the other hand , is like a fly on the wall.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

embarrass me ? how? you so fake and gay guy that listen to everyone else like rich6 about what to do to make you j32a3 to work . i try to help you but you think you know everything , so you spent way to much money on your swap . you could have done 3 for what you spent . if you listen to me you would not have had that happen. embarrass me ? i did have done my own work, design my own mounts , custom build electronics that make the car drive right. all you done is run your mouth and try to take credit for work that you could never figure out in you life time . so think before you speak to me about being embarrassed!!! my name is known , no matter if good or bad , it still known . you on the other hand , is like a fly on the wall.
Right OK...

Take credit for what? Why would I want to associate myself with you at all? I would never try and take credit for your work, because it sucks.

First, you have no idea what I spent, or what I re-couped from all the parts I couldn't use. I have a fully running complete 6MT CL-S swap, no corners cut... that's not a swap that can be done cheap. Oh right... the only swaps you do are the half-assed auto to manual ones, that run in limp and never work correctly.

CASES:

You remember Armando? That poor guy drove his *** to your shop (many hours away) 4 times or more, so you could "help" make his A3 engine run. He turned to you, a guy who said he could make it work, who said he knew it all. Instead you wasted his time/money then left him hanging with empty pockets and an engine that didn't run.

Remember me? You told me to buy A2 parts to make my A3 run, just like Armando. Then when nothing bolted up you stopped responding to me and proceeded to delete your posts that incriminated you giving me bad advice.

Contrary to your belief... you have a lot of people that don't respect you because you've done something to either screw them, or insult them on the forums.

Just FYI... I got my A2 running, by myself and now I've been sending packages of diagrams to people all over the US and Canada to help them with their swaps. So who's building a name for themselves now? You sell a grossly overpriced product, and people are turning the other way and making it themselves for less than 5% of the cost. A lot of people don't like you dude. When you screw a couple guys in this industry, it spreads fast.

Part of my daily job involves customer service, and when you do a bad job, they tell up to 11 people. When you do a good job, they tell a lot less. Get to know this, it might help you.

P.S. You type like a child.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well if we are bringing up people , Armando is coming to the shop this weekend to have his car finish by me this weekend . we are going with a full standalone AEM systems on the j32a3 . should have him up and running by end of next week . if Armando or all this other people have a problem with me , why do they come still do work with me?

if you do have all the answers as you say you do . why do you share them for free? So put up a thread that explains "how to wire a j swap " and prove me wrong .
Old 09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well if we are bringing up people , Armando is coming to the shop this weekend to have his car finish by me this weekend . we are going with a full standalone AEM systems on the j32a3 . should have him up and running by end of next week . if Armando or all this other people have a problem with me , why do they come still do work with me?

if you do have all the answers as you say you do . why do you share them for free? So put up a thread that explains "how to wire a j swap " and prove me wrong .
What do you need to be proved wrong for? If you mean, post a diagram that shows how I wired my swap... no problem. By the end of the long weekend I'll post everything I know.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow i dont know you paton. and i dont really care. why are you bashing on something you have no right or wrong to? i will not get in a pissing match with you. so respond how you want. this is why i dont visit hater-tech much anymore. people like you paton.
you ruin good forums. don has helped people far and wide. and all you can do is talk ****. as far as selling harness for what ever. i think in the real world we call that buisness.

go make one for less, whoptie. time is money figure that out.

why do componys make parts like mounts and sell them for 500+? its called R and D
time isint free. if you want to give away what you know, then do it. your time and info mean jack sh*t to people. your just another pee in the pod.

when you lead the front on j swaps get back to me ok....... people like don are the ones figuring sh*t out. and making new things work.

you did one j swap great, so now you have all the answeres? hell no you dont.
i have done more for the j swap people then you have. but you dont know that. and do i have to prove my self to you, hell no. so go hate on something else. hater
Old 09-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

o snap!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 03-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Trial User

hey looking for help doing a jswap into an ek 4 dr...after reviewing honda tech i noticed your posting and saw you really seemed to know hat was behind it all esp after completing the swap yourself...i will be using a j32a2 with a cl 6sp lsd tranny what i need help with is a list of parts needed...everything to make a complet running driving jswap aslo hoping to get in touch about a dbw diagram really cant wait two weeks for the harness to be made and de-imobilized, would like to do eveything my self but time is running short for it is a customers car and needs to be done asap...please help with a list of every part needed to make this possible and as much info as possible about completing the project, thanks
Old 10-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats funny you say those things rpm systems cuz i tried to post a thread bout a j35s1 out a saturn and that *** paton5g just talked a boat load of crap saying my swap will never work. lord knows im gonna trust a kid on the internet that pulled a perfectly good motor to buy another one to make it work... if you'd like to toss in your 2 cents click on my build thread im really interested into what you have to say. im thinking about running the saturn GM ECU because there super easy to eliminate sensors and tune. let me know what you think.....

and good or bad you are well known, and im willing to hear what you have to say its better than "it will never work thats just big money and getting no where fast" lol

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...throttlebotem1
Old 10-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i was thinking about the GM ecu. you are right about the it can be reflashed . the funny thing it is not hard to do . there are tons of software out there for the reflashing of those types of ecu. the ecu are pretty cheap and easy to get. if you start working on the GM/honda hybrid let me know i like to help make it happen.

just be careful of that engine. GM when making those 3.5 off honda design cheeped out and use case pistons and rods in those engines.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was thinking about the GM ecu. you are right about the it can be reflashed . the funny thing it is not hard to do . there are tons of software out there for the reflashing of those types of ecu. the ecu are pretty cheap and easy to get. if you start working on the GM/honda hybrid let me know i like to help make it happen.

just be careful of that engine. GM when making those 3.5 off honda design cheeped out and use case pistons and rods in those engines.
i was unaware of the pistons and rods i thought it had to do with the crank... any suggestions on that cuz i want to twin dsm turbos or single turbo 400whp is my goal.... dont wanna push my luck if what your saying is true....

and yeah im actually a GM tech so believe me i know all bout the reflash ;-) those cobalt ss bastards have been getting really good numbers and still passing emissions! hell you can get a stage 2 kit with bigger injectors right of GM's shelf AND A FREE TUNE!!!!