Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant line on FITV B series Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant line on FITV B series Swap

One last thing guys. I cannot seem to find a diagram for an FITV that has two lines on it and shows me the routing for the hose on the bottom. Am I to assume it goes to the thermostat housing via the "metal lines" that make up the breather hose? Also, what about the hose right above it? It seems to be routed to the iacv on the other end. This is literally the last thing that I need to turn the engine over and I will be very grateful for whoever can help me with this issue.

A million thanks.

The Rs
Old 02-13-2017, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Coolant line on FITV B series Swap

Ok, so after looking for this information for hours I figured out my problem. I have a B18a1 intake and I'm trying to mate it to my OBD2 B20B block, which does not have a ?return? line for the bottom pointing coolant line on my FITV. Can I just plug this or will I have to split this hose with another one? I figured out the other line above it goes to the the upper radiator hose housing, so I'm squared away with that.

Thanks again.

The Rs
Old 05-30-2017, 05:18 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Coolant line on FITV B series Swap

Did you ever figure this out? I'm in the same boat! I can't seem to find how to plug the bottom coolant line. Also my dipstick tube was too long so I took it out, cut it and now it smoked from there when I started the car. Please help!