Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Civic Ej1 d16y7 to B18a2 swap questions with pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic Ej1 d16y7 to B18a2 swap questions with pics

Hi everybody,

i just get a b18a2 engine to do a swap to my ej1 that has a d16y7... you maybe asking "why you buy a too old engine?"... well i get it just for 300 bucks the longblock with stock header and intake manifold... so i think is ok to be a project...

my question here is:

1. What can i do to this engine?

For know i will do a overhaulin', so i will put some high comp pistons, ITR oil and water pump with timing kit gates blue. what do you believe?

2. What tranny i can look?

as i know the best tranny is the ITR tranny that have better final, but here in panama it cost 1600 usd bucks... so i'm looking for a VTi or SI b16a2 or b16a tranny... that has a good gears too... what do you think?

3. What Tranny clutch kit can i buy?

well the engine was automatic, so it comes with the turbine (AT), so i must buy a full clutch kit with flywheel right?, so i'm thinking on buy a XTD complete clutch kit with flywheel 9 lbs... is ok?

4. To Complete the swap, what else i need?

engine mounts?, shift linkage?, what else?

for know this are my questions, hope you can help...

Thanks,
Jesús
Old 03-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Civic Ej1 d16y7 to B18a2 swap questions with pics

169 views and no post?

common people... help with my project?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerwing
Hi everybody,

i just get a b18a2 engine to do a swap to my ej1 that has a d16y7... you maybe asking "why you buy a too old engine?"... well i get it just for 300 bucks the longblock with stock header and intake manifold... so i think is ok to be a project...

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3...2032800163.jpg

my question here is:

For know i will do a overhaulin', so i will put some high comp pistons, ITR oil and water pump with timing kit gates blue. what do you believe?

Anything you want what's your budget?

as i know the best tranny is the ITR tranny that have better final, but here in panama it cost 1600 usd bucks... so i'm looking for a VTi or SI b16a2 or b16a tranny... that has a good gears too... what do you think?

As long as its a hydraulic transmission you should be fine.

well the engine was automatic, so it comes with the turbine (AT), so i must buy a full clutch kit with flywheel right?, so i'm thinking on buy a XTD complete clutch kit with flywheel 9 lbs... is ok?

Yeah you'll need the full kit with flywheel. 9lbs is ok. Get a clutch kit for any b series hydraulic transmission

Axles, ECU, you're going to have to do a bit of wiring, OBD2A Non VTEC b series distributor and alternator, 99-00 rear mount bracket, OBD2A b series injectors, B series header, 4 wire O2
for know this are my questions, hope you can help...

Thanks,
Jesús
Old 03-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont you need 99-2000 SI mounts, shift linkage, and axles?
Old 03-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anything you want what's your budget?

for now i only will complete the swap... i don't have too much $$ but i want it run greats...
apart of high comp pistons, itr oil and water pump... what else you recommend?...

As long as its a hydraulic transmission you should be fine.

but the S4C of VTi civic is ok? because the ITR tranny is expensive...

Yeah you'll need the full kit with flywheel. 9lbs is ok. Get a clutch kit for any b series hydraulic transmission

what you think about the XTD... i have like 4 friends that have that clutch kit for years and are ok

Axles ---> Integra 94-01 are the only one axles i can use?
ECU ---> I Have a chipped ECU p28 OBD1 with mugen chip, is ok?
you're going to have to do a bit of wiring ---> i Have a complete OBD1 engine wiring, is ok?
OBD2A Non VTEC b series distributor and alternator ---> OBD0 can't be rewired too use it? or it must be OBD1?
99-00 rear mount bracket ---> Integra 94-01 rear mount works too?
OBD2A b series injectors ---> D16z6 obd1 injectors can be used?
B series header ---> cheap ebay aftermarket can be use for a while, then later go for a good one?
4 wire O2 ---> must be obd1 right?

remember i have a civic 94 EJ1 coupe obd1 with d16y7... so i will use a P28 chipped ECU...
Old 12-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Trial User

Hey Bro, i also did the same swap to my EF sedan, i put a b18a2 engine stock, what i recommend you is to leave everything OBD1 for now, XTD i havent try it yet i was thinking about getting eClutchmasters kit for a little bit more but i heard than is better quality, if you dont have the headers you can get cheap one in the meantime the axles usually have to be adapted because the chassis of your ej is different than the Integra, but you must have the Integra axles adapted, also remember you must check mount compatibility with the engine on you chassis, that was my pain in the a@@ bro, my EF was AT tranny so mounts were different and i already bought the engine so i had to adapt the mounts. always do your research and if any thing i can recommend you i will certainly do