Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

built h2b turbo project 56k beware...lots of pictures!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h2b turbo project 56k beware...lots of pictures!!!!

what up people...i decided to put my H2B build online so i can get input on what you real gear heads think. I used to run pretty fast all motor but my last set up was turbo so i have alot of turbo parts laying around and thought i shouldn't let them go to waste. i will try to update the post every other day as the build is going but right now i am in a jam...you know how things go with parts dealers...they promise a day...but dont deliver.

here is what i have so far:

96 jdm spec head: full race port and polish...
skunk2 dual valve springs...
skunk2 titanium retainers...
str adjustible cam gears...
str sheet metal intake manifold...
hondata intake manifold gasket...
rpm sevices 74mm throttle body...
93 jdm h22a block:
block sleeved by golden eagle...
arias 9.2 to 1 compression pistons...
eagle rods...
720cc min rc injectors...(need bigger ones so anyone have any?)
jdm type r transmission(4.78 final drive)...
exedy 3 puck ceramatallic clutch & plate...
fidanza 7.5 lb flywheel...
sc61 w/ upgraded type s housing(.70 a/r)...
blitz blowoff valve...
fluidyne radiator...

as of tonight i am very disapointed by the dealers i decided to deal with...i bought my arias rings online from ebay but i got ripped. the seller said the rings it came with were arias rings. me and a buddie was all hype bought putting it together and when we got to the rings we figured out that they were for 87mm pistons and i have 87.5mm. we came to this conclusion because the ring gap in the cylinder was too big when we put it into my sleeved block. but we put the rings in his cylinder which is stock h22 87mm. the ring gap was perfect!!!

i guess you get what you pay for...even though i only paid 290 for the pistons i will end up putting a hundred on top of that for my rings...sad situation.

i also ordered a copper head gasket due my block being o-ringed for turbo...but...when i ordered it the dealer said it would be here by friday...but friday has passed so i called him today....he says it has to be custom made and wont be shipped out till the 25th of april...when was he planning to tell me this? i guess the hardest part about building a motor is the parts. so the furthest we got was putting the pistons on the rods, crank in the case(bearing clearance checked), rod clearance checked, rods numbered so we wont forget which cylinder, balance shaft holes tapped and plugged.

got the engine bay painted and ready for the motor...

rings put on...had a little situation where the rings needed to be filed into spec but none the less its on and in the block...head gasket came in so head is torqued on and ready to go...

the block was very difficult to grind but we got the job done...all the flakes made a big mess...haha...the plate and all the parts were fairly easy to install...

we came to a little problem when it came time to put the flywheel on...the bolts that came with the h2b kit were a little too long...easy fix though...we just got a little plate that comes on auto trans hondas and used it as a spacer....clutch,tranny, starter, and intermediate shaft put on with no problems at all...

here are some pictures of the motor with everything on it...still on the stand...as you can see in the picture there would be no room for the alternator plug so we still have to figure that out...but the turbo next to the alternator does look sick...

we decided to put the motor in from the bottom so we wouldnt scratch the paint...but...when we put the motor in the alternator and crank pulley were touching the frame so we had to take the motor out like three times and bang the rail(too bad for my paint )...i had to turn into the incredible **** and bang the **** out of it for it to fit...but the motor is in the car now...

we decided to break it in all motor so we can find out if there is any thing that needs to be fixed before we turbo it. everything is in now just missing a few pieces like clutch slave cylinder, gsr throttle cable, coil, radiator hoses and some other little stuff. i should have the car running by this weekend due to i still need a map to run it on. after the motor is broken in the car will be dyno tuned...just dont know by who yet...any good tuners in north cal? i also need bigger injectors, h22 turbo manifold, bigger intercooler...and maybe a bigger tial wastegate. any help would be appreciated.

Modified by turbociviccoupe at 8:54 AM 8/16/2006

Modified by turbociviccoupe at 9:19 PM 8/19/2006

Modified by turbociviccoupe at 3:52 PM 8/20/2006
Old 08-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:10 PM

Default Re:

Nice build! Hp goals?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (DC4_MADMAN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC4_MADMAN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks good. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yup.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondaZvic)

i might have two programs...one for street and one for track...i dont really have a horsepower goal...just wanna feel 26lbs of boost...haha...
Old 08-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbociviccoupe)

nice project

Old 08-16-2006, 07:45 AM

that looks dope. cant wait to see some numbers. 1000cc injectors would deff compliment your setup. happy tuning.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (failuretwoyield)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by failuretwoyield &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that looks dope. cant wait to see some numbers. 1000cc injectors would deff compliment your setup. happy tuning.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah...i do need some bigger injectors...does anyone have any for sale?
Old 08-16-2006, 08:30 AM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

looks good man go fast, get girls, get laid
Old 08-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2FAST4U831)

i would like to know, what did you come up with for the alternator plug? and is the timing side mount bracket on upside down? looks good, and nice build.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2FAST4U831)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2FAST4U831 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks good man go fast, get girls, get laid </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks...there is a local track opening in lodi,cali...its a one day thing...its on october 7 so hopefully i get it broken in and tuned by then. but if i cant then ill just wait for the local cmi in sacramento raceway
Old 08-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TypeSiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TypeSiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would like to know, what did you come up with for the alternator plug? and is the timing side mount bracket on upside down? looks good, and nice build. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well for the alternator plug it all depends on which manifold i decide to use...if i keep the current one i will have to cut the actual end of the plug...but i plan to get a top mount manifold so it will fix all the clearance issues i have for the turbo...actually thats the way the mount is suppose to fit...you are suppose to put it under the plate.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbociviccoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well for the alternator plug it all depends on which manifold i decide to use...if i keep the current one i will have to cut the actual end of the plug...but i plan to get a top mount manifold so it will fix all the clearance issues i have for the turbo...actually thats the way the mount is suppose to fit...you are suppose to put it under the plate. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-16-2006, 03:41 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: h2b turbo project 56k beware...lots of pictures!!!! (turbociviccoupe)

damn nice set up i cant wait for mine to be completed....i see this n i drool
Old 08-16-2006, 05:24 PM

Default Re: h2b turbo project 56k beware...lots of pictures!!!! (Lude_Nation)

hey thats my hand....... i should be a hand model lol

-joseph
Old 08-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h2b turbo project 56k beware...lots of pictures!!!! (lightcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lightcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hey thats my hand....... i should be a hand model lol

-joseph </TD></TR></TABLE>

only girls should model....did you find the throttle cable? i had to cut my webbing more but i got the hood to close a little more...but it still hits the valve cover...now i have a hump on my hood...it looks better than the monster gap i had on there before though.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm really 2slow

Default Re: h2b turbo project 56k beware...lots of pictures!!!! (turbociviccoupe)

look at those jdm 1" hood spacers
Old 08-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h2b turbo project 56k beware...lots of pictures!!!! (2FAST4U831)

ay...you cant beat 40 cents for washers at osh...haha not jdm though it used to be triple that hight...now that was jdm
Old 08-16-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm really 2slow

godamn!! 3X taller hood gap is same as mine
Old 08-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i didnt cut the webbing b4...yeah i say its the same...we both have bumps on our hood too...haha jdm
Old 08-16-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm really 2slow

hood bumps from the h2b is the new jdm
Old 08-16-2006, 10:30 PM

that looks alot like a ss Manifold + turbo If so
Old 08-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h2b turbo project 56k beware...lots of pictures!!!! (SohcPower)

hey...i said i need a top mount..haha...but the turbo is a sc61
Old 08-16-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm really 2slow

top mount is the way to go
Old 08-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2FAST4U831 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">top mount is the way to go </TD></TR></TABLE>

whats up with your turbo? wanna sell it?

Quick Reply: built h2b turbo project 56k beware...lots of pictures!!!!