Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BIG PROBLEM need new motor mounts for H22A EG but stock locatation cut off

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG PROBLEM need new motor mounts for H22A EG but stock locatation cut off

OK i bought a 1994 civic hatch with a h22a in it and its been non stop problems... i bought HCP motor mounts to replace the homemade ones that came with the car but the problom is the HCP mounts use the stock mounting locatation for the passanger side mount this is a MAJOR problom for me because the people who swapped this motor CUT THAT OUT.... all that holds the passanger side in on my car is the 2 small bolts that go under the frame rail originally used for the lower trans mount on the stock motor

I have no idea how to get that missing mount piece...

any help would be great

also i have a 1995 honda hatch with a stock motor in it i am contemplating cutting out its mount and using that not sure yet
Old 08-10-2004, 12:43 PM

i would say cut it out from the 95 hatch and weld away
Old 08-10-2004, 02:06 PM
DYNO-PRO

Default Re: (92hybridAccord)

you can order the "crash mount " for the pass side from your local honda dealer its cheap then you should be able to see where it was originally wels it back and use your bolt in mount kit
Old 08-12-2004, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HOOKUPS)

AWESOME great idea i didnt think that honda would have that and its called the crash mount good stuff... How hard is it going to be to do all of the motor mounts does the motor have to come out or can i just suspend it??? On GSR we just suspended the motor but that was for a B series which is a lot smaller??? Regardless thanks for recommending honda I never honestley thought of that being a place i just figured junk yard or my other car...

Thanks
Old 08-12-2004, 08:09 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (allwhitehonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allwhitehonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AWESOME great idea i didnt think that honda would have that and its called the crash mount good stuff... How hard is it going to be to do all of the motor mounts does the motor have to come out or can i just suspend it??? On GSR we just suspended the motor but that was for a B series which is a lot smaller??? Regardless thanks for recommending honda I never honestley thought of that being a place i just figured junk yard or my other car...

Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's under the "bulkhead" section on the parts catalog, and that framerail bracket only costs around $25. Get it, weld it in, and you're good to go.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:45 AM
DYNO-PRO

Default Re: (Newman)

Old 08-12-2004, 09:21 AM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

non-stop problems, what other problems are you having?
Old 08-19-2004, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RotiEatter)

you asked what other problems i was having with the car. well besides the motor mounts. The car dosnt idle even with the idle turned up all the way IN FACT adjust the idle DOES ABSOLUTLEY nothing. So I had to adjust the idle with the throttle cable adjustment. Also when I start the car black **** comes out the tail pipe and onto the drive way and makes a nasty mess... However the car dosnt blow any smoke after its warmed up. I am going to test compression soon to see if it blow by but I am hoping not and actually doubt that is the problem. Also i run check engine lite 43... It could be a wiring issue or it could be a bad o2 sensor its one or the other because the o2 sensor dosnt give a good reading. There are a lot of other small problems and major problems that I am dealing with but those are key right now... OH ALSO I need a stock prelude program so that I can re-program the chip thats in the ecu... Someone did custom tuning and I dont trust it ESPECIALLY since the REV limit is set to 8k and thats not cool to me...
Old 08-19-2004, 09:46 AM
DYNO-PRO

Default Re: (allwhitehonda)

this is why i recc a bseries anyways do you have the aic valve wired correctly? does your manifold have a fast idle valve underneath the t-body?
Old 08-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HOOKUPS)

i am not sure if it has a fast idle valve or not? i wouldnt even know what i was looking for... there seems to be a plug that is not plugged into a sensor but i cant find a sensor for it might have been something in the stock vehicle that i dont have anymore

some people have recommended cleaning the iacv and seeing if that solves the problem... also people have recommended jump the service connector and disconnect the iacv to see if the idle changes? I plan on trying those things and also going through some more wiring tomarrow. It has nothing to do with the fact that its a H22A its all the fact that its poorpley installed and tuned...

also How do i find out if it has a fast idle controll valve? any other suggestions for fixing my idle problem would be appreciated

thanks
william murphy