Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[FAQ] ***H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here***

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright quick question:
When routing the shifter cables whats the best way to route them? I heard its best to route it between the subframe and the chasis for the smothest shifting? Any advice? Pics?
Thanks
Old 11-22-2003, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (nickwilmot)

I always route them between the subframe and the body. That is the 'smoothest' way I see to route them. I have never had a problem with shifting them, routing them that way.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I always route them between the subframe and the body. That is the 'smoothest' way I see to route them. I have never had a problem with shifting them, routing them that way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:38 PM

Default Re: ALL

Hey awesome compilation guys!! Can this wiring info be used for a Jdm V-Tec H23??? in a 93 dx??
Old 11-26-2003, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ALL (b18c1civic95)

It should be the Same. H22 and H23 are pretty much the same casting. You maybe have to do alittle more/less than a avg. H22a swap.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:59 AM

I went and bought the Lower/upper radiator hoses and they didn't come close to fitting. Way off.

I ended up fitting up my stock hoses which fit perfect...WTF?
Old 11-29-2003, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tHIS oNE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tHIS oNE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I went and bought the Lower/upper radiator hoses and they didn't come close to fitting. Way off.

I ended up fitting up my stock hoses which fit perfect...WTF?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Was it is your EG? I use lower hose off a prelude and top if a 94 del sol Vtec. The top one you have to hack a lot off but the bottom one fits before (92-96 lude). The 92 teg LS lower hose had a smaller inside diameter than the thermostat housing neck did.
Old 11-29-2003, 02:51 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Was it is your EG? I use lower hose off a prelude and top if a 94 del sol Vtec. The top one you have to hack a lot off but the bottom one fits before (92-96 lude). The 92 teg LS lower hose had a smaller inside diameter than the thermostat housing neck did.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea 95 coupe....
The top hose is perfect, the bottom hose is configured a little diff than it should to fir fine, but it still works just fine....

The 94 del sol was way off...
It made a complete 180 and then came back out at a 90...
Maybe the parts counter bitchs' are just plain stupid
Old 11-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tHIS oNE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The 94 del sol was way off...
It made a complete 180 and then came back out at a 90...
Maybe the parts counter bitchs' are just plain stupid</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, thats a del sol. I cut the 180 degree bend off and it fit perfect. (it should have two small bends).

I may have a pic. I need to ask a friend.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:41 PM

My stock hoses where a bit tuff to get over the H22(actually f20) but they worked ok, Trimmed the stock upper down about an inch and Its good.
I will post pics up later...
95 coupe w/ f20b

Getting ready to go start this bitch up... (cross your fingers!!)
Old 11-30-2003, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet, keep us posted
Old 11-30-2003, 09:18 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sweet, keep us posted </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well it started but...
First lemme explain.
The dist. i got was fucked, Making all kinds of noise. So i swapped all my parts from my d15 SOHC dist. inside the p13 dist. IT runs but idles like 300, wont rev and barely runs. I advanced it all the way and the idle got better, but it wont advance enough. SO i think those parts aren't going to work.

Im going to mess with some of the parts between the 2 and see if i can get them to work.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tHIS oNE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well it started but...
First lemme explain.
The dist. i got was fucked, Making all kinds of noise. So i swapped all my parts from my d15 SOHC dist. inside the p13 dist. IT runs but idles like 300, wont rev and barely runs. I advanced it all the way and the idle got better, but it wont advance enough. SO i think those parts aren't going to work.

Im going to mess with some of the parts between the 2 and see if i can get them to work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did the same thing. I ended up giving up on convert the inside coil P13 dizzy with a D15 SOHC dizzy. I have a working JDM p13 dizzy and the hybrid dizzy I made looked just like the JDM p13. (i mean EVERYTHING) And I have the car running at 300 rpms like you have now too. the dizzy is 180 off. (and you probably messed with the firing order too) I even played with the firing order to make it run right and it did not help. You have two options: buy a USDM p13 dizzy and coil and convert it to external coil OR buy a used JDM p13 internal coil.

Hope that helps, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post it
Old 11-30-2003, 10:28 AM

Thanks man,
The reason being Is the shaft on the p13 dist. was making nasty noises, im sure it wouls still work. I grabbed a sohc external coil f22 dist and gutted it.
The shaft **** on the p13 is diff than the d15, but the shaft from the f22 is the same as the p13, i put that in and now it wont fire at all. I 180'd the cam key thing(on the shaft, not the head) and no luck,
It wants to fire, but it seems like it trying to idle at like 50.. like it cant catch up

ON the d15 hybrid dist, I removed one of the VTEC solenoid bolts and advanced/retarded(cant remember which way is which at this point) it some more and it ran much better

OK the firing order is...?
1-3-4-2 starting from the upper left (left most plug on the cap)

one more thing... will this thing run on either a 1.5 DX computer, 1.5 CX computer or a 94 accord EX computer?
Old 11-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well, I have a F22 dizzy at the kids family shop, will try that.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tHIS oNE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK the firing order is...?
1-3-4-2 starting from the upper left (left most plug on the cap)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Starting from the bottom left (1), it goes 1-3-4-2

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tHIS oNE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">one more thing... will this thing run on either a 1.5 DX computer, 1.5 CX computer or a 94 accord EX computer?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It will work on the two civic ECUs (i know, I have done it) But the accord ECU, I am not sure, cause when you do a H22a swap in a accord (i know for a LX but not sure about other trims) you have to switch two of the pin-outs.

I hope that helps
Old 11-30-2003, 11:02 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, I have a F22 dizzy at the kids family shop, will try that.

Starting from the bottom left (1), it goes 1-3-4-2

It will work on the two civic ECUs (i know, I have done it) But the accord ECU, I am not sure, cause when you do a H22a swap in a accord (i know for a LX but not sure about other trims) you have to switch two of the pin-outs.

I hope that helps</TD></TR></TABLE>

The accord pinouts are EGr and O2 heater and they aren't swapped on this computer being an EX, When i did his swap i didn't have to swap the wires.

The only way i couild get this thing to run was starting at the upper left(closest back to the back of the motor.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The accord pinouts are EGr and O2 heater and they aren't swapped on this computer being an EX, When i did his swap i didn't have to swap the wires.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

cool, I knew it was only for LX or one other trim.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tHIS oNE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only way i couild get this thing to run was starting at the upper left(closest back to the back of the motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats means you are too advanced. you using the base of the p13?
Old 11-30-2003, 11:13 AM

Yea i have been using the p13 housing the whole time...
neither of the other dist. line up at all.
Ok im going to try and 180 the cam key and redo the firing order starting from the bottom
Old 11-30-2003, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is the coil on the top or bottom? it should be on the bottom.

I hope I said that right.

EDIT: It should only fit one way.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is the coil on the top or bottom? it should be on the bottom.

I hope I said that right.

EDIT: It should only fit one way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

COils on the bottom.
dont really know what your asking, the coil inside the dist?
its at the bottom of the dist.

Old 11-30-2003, 12:13 PM

OK got it running
Put the old busted *** p13 back together and it works fine...
thanks for the help
Old 11-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tHIS oNE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK got it running
Put the old busted *** p13 back together and it works fine...
thanks for the help</TD></TR></TABLE>

sweet, is it making noises? if it is, you will have to replace the bearings.

You say you are putting a F20b in your car?
Old 11-30-2003, 04:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sweet, is it making noises? if it is, you will have to replace the bearings.

You say you are putting a F20b in your car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No noises, i lubed it up before i put it back together and its fine..
it runs really good, need to get the clips for the shifter though.

Yea f20b....
Old 11-30-2003, 08:07 PM

Default Re: [FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here (poison)

Left axle is giving me problems.
It vibrates real bad when turning right. I pulled it part thinking maybe there was no snap ring on the inner CV joint, there was one but it was way small so the axle wasn't seating. So i put another ring on there from another axle and it seems to work better and the axle stays in the tranny. It stills vibrates, much less now though.
I think im gonna pull it out tomorrow and go exchange it (lifetime warranty)

Here's some pics...

Hehe, look at the nice Rota polish under all that black paint..
Old 11-30-2003, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here (tHIS oNE)

What axles you using? and how are the place mounts treating you? and you brought the F20b as a long block?

Quick Reply: [FAQ] ***H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here***