Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[FAQ] ***H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here***

Old 01-30-2004, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi let me introduce myself first
I'm Roger Peeters From the Netherlands and I am crazy about honda.
I follow this topic since the beginning and I was wondering how about h22 with ps and a/c in a gen 6/ek
some members are telling it can be done,others say that it can't.
has anybody done this,and has he a picture of it?
also i read that with the hcp mounts you will have more space in the front???is that true?

Old 01-31-2004, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (honda_roger)

Yes, P/S can be done in an EK w/o any probs. I know there are a few EK'ers with PS in 'em.

As for clearance, I'm not sure if it has more clearance with HCP than HASport or whatever else you're comparing to. But it's not really a big deal if anything.

BTW -- first tech post has been updated and no more red x's.

If there is any red x's, please hit me up and I'll get it fixed asap.

Old 01-31-2004, 05:05 PM

Default Re: (poison)

Hey, How low do you guys have your cars?? I love to have my car lowered, right now with my b16 i have the coilovers almost bottomed out. I'm afraid w/ the H22 I won't have much ground clearance, but I'm gonna run the stock header. Plus I have stock 15" si wheels, plz gimme some info! thanx!
Old 01-31-2004, 07:49 PM

Default Re: (jdmitr1982)

I had to raise my coil overs all the way up. If I was too low my axles(90 teggy's)would bind up bad!!

Modified by 1SICJDM at 12:22 PM 2/3/2004
Old 02-01-2004, 06:43 AM

Default Re: (poison)

Welcome back Brandon! My swap is being dropped in today!

(pm me and let me know how boot went and what base you got )
Old 02-01-2004, 09:33 AM

anyone come up with a conclusion to the infamous 5th gear grind...mine is doing it...

I never looked so I don't know but Ihave seen toyota trannys with a seperate tranny fluid fill spot fot 5th gear ...we don't have that do we
Old 02-01-2004, 09:37 AM

Default Re: (citrusdrop)

I have never had a 5th gear grind. Engine ownded for 3 years now and swapped in two different cars since.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:42 PM

Default Re: (Jason kiDD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason kiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have never had a 5th gear grind. Engine ownded for 3 years now and swapped in two different cars since.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No 5th gear grind for me too. Been at it for 7-8 months
Old 02-01-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Re: (jdmitr1982)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmitr1982 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, How low do you guys have your cars?? I love to have my car lowered, right now with my b16 i have the coilovers almost bottomed out. I'm afraid w/ the H22 I won't have much ground clearance, but I'm gonna run the stock header. Plus I have stock 15" si wheels, plz gimme some info! thanx!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have mine dropped like 3.5" in the front...
15's wheels, with the stock header it was fine, scraped like normal
but now with 3" DP its like 1" off the ground after raising it up another inch.
so i have it dropped about 2.5-3" right now
you can barely see the bottom of the header in this pic...

those pics were at this ride height....

now i have to deal with this... already destroyed this 3" DP after 2 weeks, need to raise my car

Old 02-01-2004, 09:40 PM

Default Re: (tHIS oNE)

I am assuming that is a lude engine. If so then mad props to you for a nice and clean setup. What traction bar setup is that? And what is your turbo setup? I may be thinking of going boost this coming year..
Old 02-02-2004, 03:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=tHIS oNE]

[now i have to deal with this... already destroyed this 3" DP after 2 weeks, need to raise my car

I would suggest running your downpipe around the oil pan. What I mean is runs it higher than the oil pan but underneath the crank pulley.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:03 AM

Hey, thanx for tha pics . Hopefully my car will have the same clearance.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:18 AM

Default Re: (fastwanabe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastwanabe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I would suggest running your downpipe around the oil pan. What I mean is runs it higher than the oil pan but underneath the crank pulley.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there is no room for that with the traction bars....
that pic is with the suspension drooped.
when it sits on the ground there is maybe 2" from the pulley to the radius arm

ths pic you can see how there is no room to run the DP under the crank pulley. I think im going to run an e-cutout and dump it right behind the crossmember and runa smaller DP back under the oil pan to get some clearance

Modified by tHIS oNE at 10:32 AM 2/2/2004

Modified by tHIS oNE at 10:38 AM 2/2/2004
Old 02-02-2004, 07:31 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason kiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am assuming that is a lude engine. If so then mad props to you for a nice and clean setup. What traction bar setup is that? And what is your turbo setup? I may be thinking of going boost this coming year.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

its f20b.
The traction bar setup is something i built about 2 years ago when i was in school.
the turbo setup is just some things I threw together. I built it all from the manifold/DP to the IC. The IC is a dodge truck FMIC cut in half and new end tanks made for it.
t3/to4e

thanks guys
Old 02-02-2004, 07:39 AM

Sweet..

Stock or built?! Whp numbers yet?!
Old 02-02-2004, 08:14 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason kiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sweet..

Stock or built?! Whp numbers yet?!</TD></TR></TABLE>

internally stock. I'll prolly go h22 short block when i build it, parts are hard to find for this thing.
no numbers yet, i might put it on the dyno this week if time allows.
Still have alot of things to do, its running right now on a greddy blue box so cant really tune much and its running really rich.
it pulls crazy hard at 9 psi... hehe
to much boost for this motor ... 11:1
need to change the WG spring
Old 02-02-2004, 08:59 AM

I need numbers mang!!!

And I know its 11:1 compression that is why I am interested in your setup.. Very similar to my Type S..

And that mani is killer if I may say so myself.. I maybe hitting you up in the future.. Get some numbers if and when you can..
Old 02-02-2004, 09:55 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason kiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I need numbers mang!!!

And I know its 11:1 compression that is why I am interested in your setup.. Very similar to my Type S..

And that mani is killer if I may say so myself.. I maybe hitting you up in the future.. Get some numbers if and when you can.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hehe...
I will definalty post up my findings.
I hope to put down somewhere around 300... that be nice
the 11:1 is what scares me and the JUn p28 on 9si so.........
im going to put in a smaller spring in so i can turn down the boost
i let you know
thanks
Old 02-02-2004, 10:01 AM

Well you are definately treading dangerous waters with that setup. Why not just keep the boost low for now till you are able to mature your fuel setup and standalone..?
Old 02-02-2004, 11:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason kiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well you are definately treading dangerous waters with that setup. Why not just keep the boost low for now till you are able to mature your fuel setup and standalone..? </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea im going to get a smaller spring for my WG, the one in it is 9-11 psi so i cant turn it down lower. but I with you running less boost.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:58 AM

Not sure if anyone noticed this or not. But in poisons write up he is missing one lil bit of info.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">- Add one wire from the VTEC Oil pressure sensor (blk/blu wire), and the other wires which is VTEC oil pressure ground. Simply splice (while soldering!) this to the thermostat ground on the engine harness.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Vtec pressure goes to D6. Its in the write up you emailed me, just didnt make it to the write up you posted here. Not trying to be a know it all (still havent got mine running) just trying to help out.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:30 AM

Default Re: (1SICJDM)

I cant even lower my car an inch, if I do my axles(90 tegs) start to bind. I have to keep my coil-overs all the way up. I am tryin to get a set of DSS stage 1's and use the prelude mid shaft I have layin around-would that help me too be able to ride lower. I am not interested in slammin my car, just at high speeds I "float"! Also I am runnin a P28 soon to be chipped, is there a huge difference in performance between a stock P28 and a stock P13? Thanks!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 05:38 PM

Default Re: (1SICJDM)

Ok, just got kinda done with my swap today and i have 4 questions.

1. What are the two hoses coming off the VSS for? Im guessing they are not used. Is this true?

2. How did you guys lengthen your starter solnoid wire?

3. Where did you tap your thermostat wire into the fan wire at?

4. How did you do your clutch hose connections?

Old 02-03-2004, 06:14 PM

yeah hopefully we will finish the car tomorrow. only thing that is confusing is the vss hoses. the other things we just need to see how everyone else did them. we kinda peiced it together with parts off the d15 to get the right length for the clutch line. and just added alittle wire for the starter signal
Old 02-03-2004, 06:46 PM

also we are having a problem moving the shifter side to side. anybody know why that would be? and when you put it in 3rd or 5th the shifter hits the little lip on the assembly. maybe have to move the shifter up closer?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [FAQ] ***H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here***