Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[FAQ] ***H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here***

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: [FAQ] ***H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here***

Originally Posted by DropSquadCivic
Sounds like theres a possibility that your front lower control arm might be bent how is your alignment? I had an issue where mine was bent and my axle was rubbing my wishbone part of the suspension. I know that LSD makes a difference in axle length also just not sure which side, did you specify that to DSS? Is your car lowered? and have you changed the ride height just to see if there was any change? I know all this stuff sounds simple and dumb but gotta make sure all the bases are covered though.
funny thing is when i asked them they said LSD and non LSD axles are the same! no difference in length but i did mentioned all details before i ordered them, my car is 1" lowered and i did put stock suspension to make sure lowering isnt the issue and the sound was still there, yesterday i went to the shop i wanted to take my car out as its been more than 3 months and they couldn't solve the issue i was so angry that when i left the shop i launched hard i had a really bad wheel hop and then axle noise came back louder this time took it back to the shop lift it up and this is the only time that it made the sound when lifted they assumed its my LSD that make the sound not the axle, i asked them to try an OEM axle and see what happens i am going to use 90 integra shaft, as for the lower control arm its fine i checked it but i am still confusing i am using EK9 rims and 15" with 205/50 tire size when i turn complete left the right side tire will hit the body could this be part of my original axle issue ??
Old 08-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] ***H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here***

You tires shouldnt be hitting the body with that wheel and tire set up
Old 08-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bolser htwenty2
Thanks alot for this info man, it's really helped me. I was wondering if you mighthave a good source for vacuum lines and radiators hoses. I want them in blue because my rail and for are blue. also I'm looking for a good vacuum diagram for this swap, I don't have to pass emissions and it's a 92-95 motor so anything I can eliminate I would like to, thanks your help or anyone else that could help.
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...attach/jpg.gif

you can get rid of pretty much everything EGR you can even get you a block off plate for the EGR
Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You tires shouldnt be hitting the body with that wheel and tire set up

its hiting because of the susspension it was lowerd on that side a littile more,fixed tomorrow they going to install the integra axle wish me luck
Old 08-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by foxgearshift
its hiting because of the susspension it was lowerd on that side a littile more,fixed tomorrow they going to install the integra axle wish me luck
yea good luck man keep me updated
Old 09-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man i am starting to give up with this swap, even with teg axle binding is still there, its more like its cursed
Old 09-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i google and google and this is the same thread that keeps popping up for a h22 into a ek....
there is no pictures to help with wiring...it sucks i can do what it says to do but i like visuals...
Old 09-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

here is an update to my issue, i tried using the teg axle but it was too long for it and couldnt install it i will get 86-89 axle and see, now i tried to put back the first axle that i got from dss and replaced the inner cv to prelude oem joint guess what the binding stopped!! but there was a little vibration and if i turn left aggressively i could hear the binding so i guess its sure thing it is something wrong with the axle it self, i will send it back to dss and let them check it for me
Old 09-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok so im doing two h22 swaps one on a ek hatch 96 and one on a 96 integra now im having trouble figurin out how to properly install the shifting cables on the ek i went about and cut the whole out and mounted it but not sure if they are working properly i hook the cables up and they dont have that much play to the left of the shiter like if it was in tird gear and wont go into 1st gear i unhook the cable out and it works properly i tryed changing cables whit another set and have the same problem can some one help me? what year and make cables do i need or is this normal?? thank you
Old 09-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

come on guys anyone got the same problem im having could it be that my shift cables have both gone bad??
Old 10-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Trial User

can i just use an accords wire harness? and the pics are gone is there another write up somewhere
Old 11-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Trial User

Icon3 Re: [FAQ] ***H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here***

What about if am using a prelude half shaft cause its a male can i use 89 integra axles on both sides with the prelude on the end ??Its on a ek coupe :s cared:
Old 12-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok I got a little problem I got a 00 civic with a h22 swap runnins the cable trans well I think the old owner put a different intermediate shaft when I got the car the axels where cut and welded together it broke apperentely but now I put a Gsr Axel and it's making a rubbing noise I think it's hiring the strut for oh and it's the driver side only wat can I do to stop this? Also is it just better to trade the h22 for a b18c swap?
Old 12-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im having a broken knock sensor, but the CEL didnt throw any code...anybody know why?
please help..
Old 12-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by midnighteg-6
come on guys anyone got the same problem im having could it be that my shift cables have both gone bad??
Your cables could be bad yes, both the prelude style cables will work wether you have the 92-95 or the newer model, you just need the same shift bracket assembly. The older ones were steel, the new ones are like a plastic fiberglass, no matter what bracket and cable set up you go with your going to need to drill holes and mount it to the floor, or weld it to the floor. As for the fire wall and the lines going through and going to the the tranny, I cut a small slit about 4 inches wide, "----" and 2.5-3 inchs tall " l " then folded it down like a flap. Do this directly behind the shifter behind the sterio and underneath the duc work. Remember to measure and make it as straight as possible, these h22 linkages dont like to be at crazy angles. That could be your problem in the firstplace. If you want to get real fancy, you can mount the shift basket under the car and have the cables almost completly straight. It takes a little bit more fabrication and custom spacers and bolts, washers, exc, but thats all material than can be found at Rockys. Thats what I did with mine. Good luck
Old 12-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Cambo1013
can i just use an accords wire harness? and the pics are gone is there another write up somewhere
unless you have a jdm ser accord harness and motor, i dont see that working, and that would only be aplicable if you were putting a h22 into a CB7 accord 90-93.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im having a broken knock sensor, but the CEL didnt throw any code...anybody know why?
please help..
Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what clutch master cylinder are advise to use in h22 swap on civic eg chasis?
Old 02-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey everyone

i got a 96prelude with a jdm h22a and a p28 but i didn't do the swap
but im putting a euro r into a eg hatch as soon as i understand the wiring
so im basically using the prelude as a parts car for the swap and im wondering if i can just use the harness and ecu from my prelude, and all that i would have to do as of wiring, and what would just plug in.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by playlife
please help..
What ECU do you have? My P28 doesn't look for the knock sensor.
Also use your stock clutch master cylinder.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdmhondak9
Your cables could be bad yes, both the prelude style cables will work wether you have the 92-95 or the newer model, you just need the same shift bracket assembly. The older ones were steel, the new ones are like a plastic fiberglass, no matter what bracket and cable set up you go with your going to need to drill holes and mount it to the floor, or weld it to the floor. As for the fire wall and the lines going through and going to the the tranny, I cut a small slit about 4 inches wide, "----" and 2.5-3 inchs tall " l " then folded it down like a flap. Do this directly behind the shifter behind the sterio and underneath the duc work. Remember to measure and make it as straight as possible, these h22 linkages dont like to be at crazy angles. That could be your problem in the firstplace. If you want to get real fancy, you can mount the shift basket under the car and have the cables almost completly straight. It takes a little bit more fabrication and custom spacers and bolts, washers, exc, but thats all material than can be found at Rockys. Thats what I did with mine. Good luck
Yeah I did pretty much the same thing running them through the firewall and that fixed it. I originally had the cables run between the subframe and the body, it didn't work at all for the first set of cables, so I imediately deemed the cables bad (stupid me) threw them out got a new set from a local junkyard same thing, went and routed them through the firewall and she's been shifting like a champ for 4 years now.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i know this a civic thread but ive got a 97 teg that im dropping a 97 h22 into. however im having trouble wiring up the rest of the car. im trying to use the obd2a harness to wire the dash and the rest of the car or make a custom one combining the orginal harness from the teg and the prelude to make a custom? does any1 have the color codes to cut n splice everythingor a diagram?also is it possible the rad from the teg will fit with the fan from the lude?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got a ek hatch with a jdm h22 and im gonna up grade to hasport mounts. does that necessarly mean i have to upgrade to their axles or can i uses the ones that are already swapped in there
Old 06-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: [FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here (turbogixx

What website could i get a H22 for a good price??
Old 06-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmotorsonline.com you will be pleased with what you get! not the cheapest but you get what you pay for!

Quick Reply: [FAQ] ***H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here***