Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Official H2B Discussion thread **

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 11:40 AM
amy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (PhoebeusFenix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhoebeusFenix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess I did not realize that the alternator is on the front of the h22, interesting. Also, these balancer shafts, are they required to be removed? Or is it optional? Wouldnt this throw off the balance of the engine in general and possibly hurt things?

I am starting to buy things for the swap soon I believe. Is my list correct?

H22A(Can get longblock for $1295 shipped!)
H2B Kit

Aftermarket B series clutch/flywheel/pressure plate

The h2b relocation deal from explicit

What else exaclty? Ive already got my b tranny/axles/ecu. What ecu are you guys running in a eg hatch? Would a p30 work or is a p28 preferred?</TD></TR></TABLE>

as long as it's chipped a p30 would be fine, it need to be chipped with a h22 base map
Old 05-30-2006, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhoebeusFenix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess I did not realize that the alternator is on the front of the h22, interesting. Also, these balancer shafts, are they required to be removed? Or is it optional? Wouldnt this throw off the balance of the engine in general and possibly hurt things?

H2B Kit

What else exaclty? Ive already got my b tranny/axles/ecu. What ecu are you guys running in a eg hatch? Would a p30 work or is a p28 preferred?</TD></TR></TABLE>

fyi, you need a sohc alternator to use the explicit alt kit along with a 3 rib belt. The balance shafts do not need to be removed however you need to remove the rear balance shaft gear or bash in your frame rail to clear the gear. Motor mount inserts are also required or you can buy some hasports (b series) if you have the extra cash.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was wondering, do you use b series mounts all the way around? OR just on the tranny?

Trying to get an idea for what I need budged wise.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhoebeusFenix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was wondering, do you use b series mounts all the way around? OR just on the tranny?

Trying to get an idea for what I need budged wise.</TD></TR></TABLE>

all b series, just like you were going to put a B series swap in the car.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wicked. So I guess the first things I should start getting ahold of are the sohc alternator, explicit kit, and my clutch/flywheel/pressure plate. Then Ill probably get the h2b kit, then the h22a. Im psyched. Need more power! This b16a just isnt cutting it anymore, and ive been driving with it for only 2 months!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:15 PM

Default Re: (amy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by amy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hahah i did mine the right way... Tony wasn't so lucky

I'm so excited, i finished up the wiring last night... All i have left is my suspension and to put the alternator on once i get my relocation kit And then i am DONE! </TD></TR></TABLE>

amy, were you able to figure out the vacuum routing?
Old 05-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhoebeusFenix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wicked. So I guess the first things I should start getting ahold of are the sohc alternator, explicit kit, and my clutch/flywheel/pressure plate. Then Ill probably get the h2b kit, then the h22a. Im psyched. Need more power! This b16a just isnt cutting it anymore, and ive been driving with it for only 2 months!</TD></TR></TABLE>

you got it

I know how you feel with the B16, I had one in my teg for a while
Old 05-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also I was going to ask on the motor mount inserts. Will any b series ones work? Or do they need to be for a 94-95 del sol vtec like the water pump and things? Or does any b series inserts work?
Old 05-30-2006, 12:22 PM

you could just fill the mounts with those 3M windows things....
Old 05-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhoebeusFenix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also I was going to ask on the motor mount inserts. Will any b series ones work? Or do they need to be for a 94-95 del sol vtec like the water pump and things? Or does any b series inserts work?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I beleive the inserts are specific to the mounts/model. So if you got them off an integra, get the integra inserts.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont really know, they came on the motor from hmotorsonline, supposedly a b16 SiR-II. I cant seem to find that on any websites however.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a question-

Anyone running Bseries injectors with an ECU chipped with the H maps?

Also, what other things should I do when I order the chipped ECU? Remove KS, anything else?

Old 05-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Bart Taylor Look-alike

H2B Kit

Looks like you are formulating a good plan there. Small Tip (you may or may not know): a lot of H22 longblocks I have come across are from autos, most of the time they have different cams (making the motor slightly weaker). If you get an auto H22 you might want to think about switching out the cams to stock manuals or aftermarket if your funds permit
Old 05-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you very much! That is definately good to know! Ill have to ask jdmcars.com on here whether theyre longblocks are auto or manual. Thanks man! Aprreciated greatly!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (4door_demon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got a question-

Anyone running Bseries injectors with an ECU chipped with the H maps?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

sure.

PM turbogixxer for your ECU needs. He has allot of experience with this.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skunked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sure.

PM turbogixxer for your ECU needs. He has allot of experience with this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He provides everything(ECU, chip, jumper harness) or just the chip?
Old 05-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (4door_demon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

He provides everything(ECU, chip, jumper harness) or just the chip?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not sure about the jumper harness (OBD2-OBD1) but he does conversion harnesses, chipping, tunning etc.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skunked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not sure about the jumper harness (OBD2-OBD1) but he does conversion harnesses, chipping, tunning etc. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool, Ill PM him.

I didnt have to use my fan today, hotter than a biatch, but I guess when I cut the grill out I am now allowing enough air to cross the core. Now my fan is just ornamental.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:12 PM
amy

Default Re: **Official H2B thread (FAQ)** (sikciv666)

what upper rad hose to use?
Old 05-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Official H2B thread (amy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by amy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what upper rad hose to use?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i belive its a del sol vtec upper hose which you already have...I just had to shave mine down a litte on the motor side.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

He provides everything(ECU, chip, jumper harness) or just the chip?</TD></TR></TABLE>

he's doing mine right now, hes putting and h22 map in, and the iabs ( the butterflys)...awsome guy to deal with by the way.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Official H2B thread (sikciv666)

also if anyone has a h22 header for sale i need one asap....

i want an an-r/smsp/or rmf..i know these are super hard to find used..but anything would help..

maybe even a DC sport
Old 05-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sikciv666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

he's doing mine right now, hes putting and h22 map in, and the iabs ( the butterflys)...awsome guy to deal with by the way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ill be dumping the secondaries, and run a single stage mani, had them removed from my first H too. Which I forgot to mention in my PM to him.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:49 PM
amy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sikciv666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i belive its a del sol vtec upper hose which you already have...I just had to shave mine down a litte on the motor side.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no way, mine definately looks like it's not going to fit... Thats what you used Tony? Because we basically have the same chassis... what rad are you using?
Old 05-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Bart Taylor Look-alike

Default Re: **Official H2B thread (amy)

After 6 months of having the H2B kit, I haven't shown any pics of the motor or the car so here it is. I figured the H2B FAQ area would be a good place to show it.

Last One: This is normal street-mode The hood is proped more in the back there becaust the IM we're using is modified.

It's a completely internally stock H22, we're actually changing a few things on it, so the motor is out of it right now. It's on a mediocre shot of nitrous with an ITR tranny.

Modified by Rad Racing at 8:09 PM 5/30/2006

Modified by Rad Racing at 8:37 PM 5/30/2006

Modified by Rad Racing at 10:31 AM 11/6/2007
Old 05-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Shooting Star

itr...

Quick Reply: **Official H2B Discussion thread **