Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

d series swap help please???

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default d series swap help please???

i have a 1990 dx civic hatchback. my motor is pretty much done. i bought this car to be a daily and wasnt looking to put that much money into it but come to find out the previous owner gagged the **** out of it. i asked for full honesty on the car bc itd be my new daily. i didnt mind doing the work, i just wanted to know in advance

its definitely time for a new motor bc its just not worth it to fix it, plus the block is ruined bc the bracket bolts for the motor mount broke off a piece of the block

anyways.... my friends car got totalled by a drunk driver and hes buying it back from insurance. hes basically giving me whatever i need from the car. now my question is can i just swap everything over just as simple as that(besides the tranny and mounts(if there are any i can use, which ones))? theres no harness that attaches itself to the body so what if i just take the whole harness out including the ecu wiring and everything and just put it in the hatch? does that work? what wiring would be needed and besides just swapping everything and hooking lines up what else do i have to do?

i have looked at many pages about dp to mpfi but none of them are the situations that i have where i have whatever i want to take out of the 1995 ex coupe

im used to b series and have never really known too much on the older motors. please, any good pointers and information would be appreciated
Old 04-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: d series swap help please???

i understand you own a ef hatch but if no one else helps try these guys:
www.crxcommunity.com
Old 04-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: d series swap help please???

i appreciate the help. hopefully someone can help me

in the mean time... please anyone that reads this and isnt exactly sure bump it just to help me out. the top bolt on the engine bracket for the motor mount has broken and it broke the block... i tried drilling the top hole to helicoil both bolts but the top wouldnt thread... so its holding on by one bolt

thank you