Notices
Honda-Tech News Main page blog post discussions and the News Archive

There's nothing under the hood of this Civic, and it's rad

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 06:04 PM
HT Town Crier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There's nothing under the hood of this Civic, and it's rad

Do you ever lose when you make a Civic mid-engine and give it 25 pounds of boost? I don't think so. There's more info on the homepage, but you can hear this beast run in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsK_sNU77U4
Old 02-03-2017, 03:35 AM
talks to himself

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Re: There's nothing under the hood of this Civic, and it's rad

Old 02-03-2017, 03:36 AM
talks to himself

Mods. This isn't tech.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:24 AM
Master Ninja

Lol I can't even.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:38 AM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by CX-Adam
Mods. This isn't tech.
First off, posted by a mod so H-T policy states mods may not mess with other mods posts.

2nd, it might not be a technical discussion yet, but the process to do that mid engine modification is nothing but technical engineering feats. This could easily turn into a technical discussion. All we have to do is begin discussing what we know of the process and the challenges faced. The car is an engineering feat.

3rd, I think we may need to rethink our extreme militant stance of the past and try and find a good balance that keeps tech high in priority but doesn't immediately discard everything that at first appears to sit outside our box of comfort. Some things are obviously not technical, but there have also been many other items that easily could have been evolved into technical discussions that were rejected on initial premise alone.

Now, getting back to the car.

I didn't see a firewall behind the driver seat. I thought I could see the seats through the plexiglass top. I thought all regulations required a firewall between the driver and motor?
Old 02-03-2017, 09:19 AM
HT Town Crier

Originally Posted by TomCat39
First off, posted by a mod so H-T policy states mods may not mess with other mods posts.

2nd, it might not be a technical discussion yet, but the process to do that mid engine modification is nothing but technical engineering feats. This could easily turn into a technical discussion. All we have to do is begin discussing what we know of the process and the challenges faced. The car is an engineering feat.

3rd, I think we may need to rethink our extreme militant stance of the past and try and find a good balance that keeps tech high in priority but doesn't immediately discard everything that at first appears to sit outside our box of comfort. Some things are obviously not technical, but there have also been many other items that easily could have been evolved into technical discussions that were rejected on initial premise alone.

Now, getting back to the car.

I didn't see a firewall behind the driver seat. I thought I could see the seats through the plexiglass top. I thought all regulations required a firewall between the driver and motor?
Mods. This isn't tech.
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I wasn't trying to **** anyone off. I just thought it was cool. My apologies.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:22 AM
talks to himself

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I wasn't trying to **** anyone off. I just thought it was cool. My apologies.
My bad for flippin' out, too.

There's just no tech to this. If the article on the front page was written by the owner or if you're the owner then fine. Post up details on the build. But as it stands, there's no substance in the linked pages for "tech" to be discussed.