Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd?

whats the cheapest you've seen a s2k for? cuz im thinking of getting one... hehe.. i like the car, and the face that honda made it a rwd makes me wanna testdrive one!!!

and also, why did they make it a rwd vehicle.. thats like ford making a car that last for 10yrs... kinda hard to believe..
Old 12-22-2003, 12:59 PM
EJ1_519

Default Re: whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd? (..::91TEG-G2::..)

Here in canada, used S2k are around 25000+(depending on condtion of course), but can go upto 40,000.00

Why honda make RWD???I think to compete with the newer RWD cars out on the market
Old 12-22-2003, 02:28 PM

Default Re: whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd? (..::91TEG-G2::..)

It all depends what you want. if you're shopping price only, you might be able to find an '00 for $18k or slightly less, but expect it to have significant mileage. Or you can purchase a salvage titled vehicle for probably less than that.

Granted, if you want a reasonable mileage (20-30k) expect somewhere around $20-21k for an '00 or 01.

Do your homework; there are plenty of sites that can help with that kind of info.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ..::91TEG-G2::.. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats the cheapest you've seen a s2k for? cuz im thinking of getting one... hehe.. i like the car, and the face that honda made it a rwd makes me wanna testdrive one!!!

and also, why did they make it a rwd vehicle.. thats like ford making a car that last for 10yrs... kinda hard to believe..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why? Because its a sports car. Why? Because RWD is superior in almost every way. Why? I dont understand why you would even ask this question.

BTW I have seen just as many 10 year old fords on the road as hondas. How old do you think the fox body (old square mustangs) are? 88-91 Mustangs still going strong as with just about all of fords trucks. The taurus? Now thats a peice of junk. What car company doesnt have "their own" peice of junk.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

honda? lol.
Old 12-25-2003, 10:26 AM

Default Re: whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd? (James Bond)

because they make fwd cars, not rwd cars.. so why did they decide to make this one different? thats why im asking.
Old 12-25-2003, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ..::91TEG-G2::.. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">because they make fwd cars, not rwd cars.. so why did they decide to make this one different? thats why im asking.</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you an idiot? I guess you haven't heard of this little car called the NSX they've been selling for like the past 14 years.
Also, as mentioned before, a "true" sports car is set as RWD based on its ability to usually have superior acceleration and weight transfer properties when matched up with a good driver.
Old 12-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd? (paikman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by paikman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

are you an idiot? I guess you haven't heard of this little car called the NSX they've been selling for like the past 14 years.
Also, as mentioned before, a "true" sports car is set as RWD based on its ability to usually have superior acceleration and weight transfer properties when matched up with a good driver.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He asked the question nicely, you didn't need to call him an idiot.

There's a difference between an idiot and someone who just doesn't know better. A Merry Christmas to you too.
Old 12-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd? (JMS JT)

Let's face it, RWD is superior in every way to front wheel drive on a handling/power basis. FWD is for economy (less drivetrain loss = less power needed to be in motor = better gas mileage, simplicity, shitty weather). Now all wheel drive, thats a different story
Old 12-25-2003, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ..::91TEG-G2::.. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">because they make fwd cars, not rwd cars.. so why did they decide to make this one different? thats why im asking.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wrong.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:23 AM

The physics of a RWD car make it corner better and accelerate faster. Do some research and you will answer your own question.

Look at the most powerful cars on the road and tell me if they are FWD or RWD.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd? (hybrid honda)

Some of you guys need to grow up. A simple question requires a simple answer. I know at one time in my life I didn't have the knowledge that I have now, but by asking question I found answers. Like they say: "The only wise people are those that admit they do not know everything."

The S2000 is suppose to be a sports car which is why they did not make it available in automatic. Look at the true sports cars in the world and compare. NSX, Corvette, Ferrari, Porsche, Viper, etc are all rear wheel drive for a reason.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd? (ITR 98 1162)

well while we are on the subject.

I always did wonder why Honda with there great cars always made FWD cars. Not that there is anything wrong with FWD (as long as you don't have over 250WHP) but I gotta wonder if they said to themselves "Hey we made some nice economy cars lets now become world known for the best FWD handling cars" Do ya think they planned it like that? Or maybe they just kinda fell into it.

Honda really did push the envelop for FWD. Before FWD was a joke for racing and these days its not uncommon to see a FWD car kicking the **** out of a RWD car in AutoX/road racing and even drag racing. **** isnt FWD in the 7's now? I always say to myself "If they made the integra RWD or the EG RWD good lord it would be awesome, but the FWD hondas handle so good that it may not have been that much better.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd? (James Bond)

I think the original plan was to make FWD because it was cheap and economical. They never planned from the start to make the Civic/Integra an all out race car. It just kind of fell into plan. The use of those cars were first for transportation, then later became cheap toys.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:05 PM

You guys' replies as to it being economical and efficient is correct. Even the S2000 recieves LEV(low emissions vehicle) status from the government, which no other car in its class recieves. Honda is on the cuttin edge of engine design and it will be very little time before they begin to keep up with the Ferraris, bmw's and Mercedes Benz's of Formula 1. There are not many other car manufactures that can claim the highest hp per liter from an NA motor AND have LEV status. My hats off to honda...even though i own a Focus! LOL
Old 12-28-2003, 01:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ..::91TEG-G2::.. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and the face that honda made it a rwd makes me wanna testdrive one!!!

and also, why did they make it a rwd vehicle.. thats like ford making a car that last for 10yrs... kinda hard to believe..</TD></TR></TABLE>

None of you have answered this question correctly.

This is the reason the S2000 is RWD AND what it is based on:

Honda S800
http://www.hondasportsregistry...0.php

Old 01-01-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Re: whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd? (BltByKrmn)

Here's an interesting take on RWD vs FWD
http://www.autothing.com/funth...l.htm
Old 01-02-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Re: whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd? (ITR 98 1162)

ya i get a better understanding on why they a company known for there FWD's made a RWD or two of them for that matter, i mean i know FWD's are almost as good as RWD in some ways but then still have there setbacks. And sorry to make some of u flame on this type of question, but im here to learn so i can be a better honda/acura owner.. and start doing alot of DIY type stuff..

u think anyone has converted a honda/acura into a RWD? like the civic, accord, integra or so on? or is it even possible? cuz i know with the way fabrication is goin these days, you could install a jet afterburner on ur hatch civic if u wanted too..
Old 01-02-2004, 10:19 PM

"why did they make it a rwd vehicle"

This is because all real sports cars are RWD!!

And maybe due to the fact the its a ROADSTER!!!!
Old 01-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so Mr. honda written in stone that no honda car would be rwd?

okay, i think you ask this question little late, like ten years late? cough NSX cough

there's some some "unspoken rules" in automobile, like awd compact car would be always powered by some sort of force induction

but what about the CR-V? 2.0liter motor that mounted just like a fwd car with all four alxe
Old 01-03-2004, 02:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Um..making a fwd to rwd...okay, you have to call signal in torrance for this one, NSX motor in civic body

it's very involving and you'll be spending way too much in no time.
Old 01-03-2004, 03:36 PM

THE S2000 was built to go after other sports cars such as 350Z (now that it now came out), Porsche Boxter S, and BMW M3.. Haven't you all seen the BEST Motoring review of the S2000 when it came out in 2000? The price also was kept low because it stole a lot of sales from Corvette. Its lap times are only off a Corvette by a second in Japen.. Also the RX8 was going to try to take on the S2000, but it failed do to underpowering.. The NSX is considered a Supercar meaning its in the upper classes such as 360's, 911 Turbo's and so on.. Just my 2 CENTS... I spend a lot of time talking to Reps for Automakers soo I learn a lot of stuff like this.. Honda will tell you the same thing..
Old 01-03-2004, 06:34 PM

Default Re: whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd? (S2Kontheway)

Don't give the guy a hard time. His question didn't have any malice.

Honda cars are primarily FWD because they are affordable, economically-efficient cars that perform well in so many aspects. RWD is preferable in a sports car. That link about FWD vs RWD that someone above posted has some really good information on the differences between them.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:52 PM
EMI

i did not know that
Old 01-04-2004, 12:54 AM

Default Re: whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd? (reverie)

so its like honda wanted to show the other company's that there not ******.. that they can run with the big boys and kick there asses.. i still think its funny that the import car world has taken over the american mustang and chevolet(if i spelled that right).. but that goes to show what they can do.. and i always wonder'd why they never made an "affordable" RWD car.. not like the Nsx.. but now my questions been answered... ive heard about the new s2k and that it's suposed to be sick.. anyone got any spec's and pic's of the new s2k?

Quick Reply: whats the cheapest s2k/ why did they make it rwd?