Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

S2000 Spark Plugs? What is everyone using?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:24 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: FV-QR (HondaKyle)

NO ONE is talking about wires here except you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chimmike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Please let me know what the deal is with those race plugs. I don't think the whole set is $32, but if it is, I'm buying 'em!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Were did you find that price? The cheapest I have seen was 39.44 here.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FV-QR (Techno Tonis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Denso's have known to suck very badly in our cars. I've read, even Denso themselves does not recommend their Iridium plugs in the S2000. I think there are like 3 cases of broken tips and blown motors on s2ki. Their Iridium replacement plug is IK24's V9110-5311.

Modified by White Smoke at 8:46 AM 7/1/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>
exactly what happened to me 2 wks ago. luckily i changed them before any major damage.
i'm sticking with ngk bkr7e's
Old 07-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (HondaKyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaKyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
oh **** s2000s have coil packs!? I didnt know that! ****! I think im gonna do a MSD distributer conversion on my S2000 then
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I need to create a BEYOND EPIC FAILURE poster for you.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (jdm-ray)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm-ray &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
exactly what happened to me 2 wks ago. luckily i changed them before any major damage.
i'm sticking with ngk bkr7e's</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats all I have ever used in my Si when I first went boost...then I stepped to the 8's...

So what is teh general consensus on plugs for a stock s2k?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:53 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Default Re: FV-QR (ExVtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So what is teh general consensus on plugs for a stock s2k?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just outlined it for you. Most either run the stock plugs or the iridium's. The only people I know running coppers are the boosted guys and if I was, I would be running the same thing.... BKR(desired heat range)E's. It's basically just like the B series motors...
Old 07-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (White Smoke)

Ok, I wasn't sure what everyone did...run the same oem's. or the BKR8EIX's as replacements..

"The upgraded Iridium replacement plug is NGK BKR8EIX (must be gaped)
http://www.partsamerica.com/pr...R8EIX

This is the plug that most people, who upgrade to Iridium run. This also goes for the ITR. I am running these in my car right now. There are actually only 7$ a pop at the Advanced Auto store."

If these need gapped, what is the measurement?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:59 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

1-1.1mm
.040-.044
Old 07-01-2008, 12:01 PM
i my honda
Global Mod

If you want more info read here: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/ind...&st=0

**Warning, this thread WILL give you a headache. I would just take my word for it
Old 07-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Appreciate the help smoke..

How often do you swap the plugs...

I changed them out on the Si every other oil change..which was about once a year...twice depending on dyno's/etc.

They were gapped alot lower though..and I was making more power..lol.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, I wasn't sure what everyone did...run the same oem's. or the BKR8EIX's as replacements..

"The upgraded Iridium replacement plug is NGK BKR8EIX (must be gaped)
http://www.partsamerica.com/pr...R8EIX

This is the plug that most people, who upgrade to Iridium run. This also goes for the ITR. I am running these in my car right now. There are actually only 7$ a pop at the Advanced Auto store."

If these need gapped, what is the measurement?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just ordered those iridium plug(bkr8eix), after tax and shipping those came up to 40 buck, which is still 10 buck cheaper than oem platnium. My plug has about 30k miles on them, i would never leave them in for that long if they are the run of the mill copper vpower plugs(for all my other honda and mazda, i replace them every 4 oil change or 12k)
Old 07-02-2008, 04:41 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Appreciate the help smoke..

How often do you swap the plugs...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I change them about every 20K depending on the condition of the plug when I check it. This is for Iridium plugs...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iam7head &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just ordered those iridium plug(bkr8eix), after tax and shipping those came up to 40 buck</TD></TR></TABLE>

I paid 27$ out the door at the actual advanced auto store. They didn't have them in stock but got them the next day for me.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think i am running bosch plugs
Old 07-02-2008, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (ReddotsS2K)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ReddotsS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think i am running bosch plugs</TD></TR></TABLE>

for the love of God why? Bosch plugs, especially their plats, are GARBAGE!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by exvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If these need gapped, what is the measurement?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you ever heard of an owners manual? Have you ever looked at yours?

I highly recommend it. You know, for the basic knowledge and questions you've asked in this thread
Old 07-02-2008, 06:28 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Default Re: FV-QR (chimmike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chimmike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have you ever heard of an owners manual? Have you ever looked at yours?

I highly recommend it. You know, for the basic knowledge and questions you've asked in this thread </TD></TR></TABLE>

I happen to know that he does... And the questions he has asked are NOT in the FSM. If you are not using stock plugs then you may not want to use stock gap. In fact with iridium plugs you could proly open the gap up just a bit over stock. But really, I think he was just being lazy while adding content to the tread for future reference.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (ReddotsS2K)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ReddotsS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think i am running bosch plugs</TD></TR></TABLE>
what heat range?
if they are off-the-shelf from autozone you should get new plugs
Old 07-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (jdm-ray)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm-ray &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
what heat range?
if they are off-the-shelf from autozone you should get new plugs</TD></TR></TABLE>

those are teh worst plug for our car, a friend tried those four tip plat and the car seems to be running rough at higher rpm.

I am surprise the newer vw are using japanese/ngk spark plug now
Old 07-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (iam7head)

just installed those iridium and reseted the ecm

seems to be reving smoother vs the 30k plug, will post long(er) term mpg and power difference later.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:22 PM
i my honda
Global Mod

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I recall, I paid around £70GBP for all four. So around 20 dollars each. But I bought mine direct from Japan.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Still not clear on what the actual price is here. I mean 20-60$ is a pretty large mark up, PER PLUG.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I happen to know that he does... And the questions he has asked are NOT in the FSM. If you are not using stock plugs then you may not want to use stock gap. In fact with iridium plugs you could proly open the gap up just a bit over stock. But really, I think he was just being lazy while adding content to the tread for future reference.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks

Old 07-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just ordered the NGK BKR8EIX from Advanced Auto. $6.98 a piece. They don't stock them, but will have them tomorrow morning for me.

FYI for anyone else looking for plugs.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Has anyone tried those new Pulsar plugs at all? They are supposed to add like 10 hp i heard.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:35 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Default Re: (notforsteal)

Stick with what is recommended in this thread. You are NOT going to get 10HP from using those plugs.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (notforsteal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by notforsteal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Has anyone tried those new Pulsar plugs at all? They are supposed to add like 10 hp i heard. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes they will - go and buy them immediately.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (White Smoke)

Those iridiums are a PITA to gap...

First set I've ever used.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was just wondering. Thought they were all dyno tested and everything.

Quick Reply: S2000 Spark Plugs? What is everyone using?