Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Built S2000 Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built S2000 Dyno

I'm happy to say that the car that PMUM dared to build is done and sitting in my garage. Those in the know have heard of this car...others are about to.

The short of it...397 rwhp, 13+lbs. of boost and a LOT of little goodies to keep it all together.

Penske adjustables, Brembos at all four corners and a little (ok a lot of) tweaking and fabrication by Erik at EMI Racing

Here's one of the dyno charts (the only one i remembered to get). This car drives like a stock car until you keep your foot planted on the LOUD pedal and then it...well...GOES! Kudo's to the guys at AUTOWAVE in Huntington Beach for finishing Paul's car with such dedication and professionalism...thanks guys. This in one niiiiiiiiice car.

brett

Old 05-04-2004, 10:55 PM

what's ur setup?
Old 05-04-2004, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Gohofastho)

Give the guys at Autowave a call, they can fill you in. I'm not putting you off...I would only be able to give you the broadstroke of what the motor has in it. I just wrote the check and drove it off. (I got the car under some very crappy circumstances)

I'm still figuring out what the thing has in it. If I get all the internals I'll post them, but if you want more info the guys at Autowave are very helpful.

-brett
Old 05-05-2004, 12:27 AM

Default Re: (The Keeper)

rest in peace pmum. Let's hear the techincals and steer the thread away from an advertisement thread.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vapor)

No problem vapor, but it really wasn't my intention. You guys will just have to wait for me to get the details. EVERYTHING on this motor is aftermarket. Pistons, sleeves, head, injectors, rods, fuel pump, modulator, AEM stand alone, etc. I honestly couldn't tell you one model #, or spec. Just an FYI. I haven't been in the import scene this deeply before. My biggest venture was an '01 s/c'd Type R. Vipers, yes. Honda's no. But this is quickly becoming my favorite car. I'll give out the specs (maybe) as I get them.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:15 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Keeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No problem vapor, but it really wasn't my intention. You guys will just have to wait for me to get the details. EVERYTHING on this motor is aftermarket. Pistons, sleeves, head, injectors, rods, fuel pump, modulator, AEM stand alone, etc. I honestly couldn't tell you one model #, or spec. Just an FYI. I haven't been in the import scene this deeply before. My biggest venture was an '01 s/c'd Type R. Vipers, yes. Honda's no. But this is quickly becoming my favorite car. I'll give out the specs (maybe) as I get them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

no worries, as it might not have been your intent, it's more than okay to give credit where it's due but you can help reduce all those phone calls erik at emi or autowave will get about this setup. If you don't want to share details, that's fine too but I'm sure some people will be unhappy if you show but don't tell. Good luck with the setup and stretch the legs on that ride at some track events!
Old 05-05-2004, 08:38 AM

how much torque did it put down?
Old 05-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so vapor, what you think of the a/f ratios on this pully (close to 12:1 ratio) although boosted, she seems to be loving running "rich" ...

nice dyno btw.

A local guy here got way over 500 at wheels on something like 18psi, fully built motor with the AEM.

Thats too much power for the street

Greg
Old 05-05-2004, 11:13 AM

Default Re: (CHEETAH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CHEETAH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so vapor, what you think of the a/f ratios on this pully (close to 12:1 ratio) although boosted, she seems to be loving running "rich" ...

nice dyno btw.

A local guy here got way over 500 at wheels on something like 18psi, fully built motor with the AEM.

Thats too much power for the street

Greg</TD></TR></TABLE>

it'll make more power if the a/f is leaned out but then I'm not sure how much the motor will last on that. I'm no expert on boosted a/f ratios but around 12:1 seems to be a safe place to have it at. Most stock boosted cars run around 11.5:1.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vapor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no worries, as it might not have been your intent, it's more than okay to give credit where it's due but you can help reduce all those phone calls erik at emi or autowave will get about this setup. If you don't want to share details, that's fine too but I'm sure some people will be unhappy if you show but don't tell. Good luck with the setup and stretch the legs on that ride at some track events!</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's legs will definitely get stretched at the track. I'll share what I know as we go along. I didn't get enough time this last trip out to get all the info on the motor. I asked the guys to give me a more itemized list on what was done for future reference.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vapor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
it'll make more power if the a/f is leaned out but then I'm not sure how much the motor will last on that. I'm no expert on boosted a/f ratios but around 12:1 seems to be a safe place to have it at. Most stock boosted cars run around 11.5:1. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, we decided to stay near as possible to the 12:1 mark if it's going to lap Willow lap after lap and remain intact, we felt that goal was much more attainable than 11.5:1 or so. We also knew we could get more HP out of it on the dyno by doing so, but again the decision was to see what we were going to get that was streetable. This car is VERY STREETABLE.

BTW...can someone do something about this 5 posts per diem gig? Moderator?

I'll answer the other question in this "edit".

It put down 276lbs of torque.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:52 PM

damn
Old 05-05-2004, 06:45 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (my 2.0 rocket)

im more impressed with the fact that you have Penkse suspension pieces...
Old 05-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SkyeC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkyeC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im more impressed with the fact that you have Penkse suspension pieces... </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's definitely an integral part of the entire package of this car. Triple-adjustable Penske's, BIG Brembo's at all four corners (four pots up front), Slotted discs with aluminum hats, carbon fiber brake cooling ducts (cover entire back of disc), lightweight Kinesis wheels...blah blah blah. It is definitely road course ready...sans the big assed ugly wing. I refuse to do that, even though the car does need some aero help.....
Old 05-05-2004, 08:40 PM

is that 12:1 on pump gas? what comp. ratio
Old 05-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (evodave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evodave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is that 12:1 on pump gas? what comp. ratio</TD></TR></TABLE>

Compression is about .5 below stock, and the dyno was on race gas. Only because we weren't sure what kind of boost we were going to get with the 3" pulley. It runs on pump gas fine, but we have another "identical" mapping with the timing pulled out slightly just in case I get a bad tank of gas...just to be safe.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

torque line?
Old 05-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SikCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SikCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">torque line?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's basically a mirror image of the power...now if I can figure out how to post it. I had the other one hosted already (nsxfiles). I'll get it scanned and hosted somewhere and then post it....
Old 05-06-2004, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if it looks the same no need to post

390+whp and 390+ft/lbs = one badass car

good luck
Old 05-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SikCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if it looks the same no need to post

390+whp and 390+ft/lbs = one badass car

good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uhh...no. I posted earlier in the thread that it put down 276lbs. It's just that the curve is the same. Although that would be cool, but probably a little scary in an S2000.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Keeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Uhh...no. I posted earlier in the thread that it put down 276lbs. It's just that the curve is the same. Although that would be cool, but probably a little scary in an S2000.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea...either way its more power and torque than im making

nice job
Old 05-07-2004, 01:58 AM

lovely
Old 05-07-2004, 07:13 AM
01ITR

Default Re: Built S2000 Dyno (The Keeper)

Man c'mon we need info - what turbo? what head work ? what size injectors ? We'd love to know it has me wondering.Let us know if you get any more info thanks.

PS: If you can throw a video in lighting up the tires that be GREAT!!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Built S2000 Dyno (01ITR)

I'd give more info as needed, but this dumbass 5 posts per diem is holding a good man down!

It's a Novi 1000 supercharger, thus the linear power curve. I think they are 650cc injectors. I'm waiting for the particulars on rods, pistons, headwork, etc. It has the comptech aftercooler, and a 3" pulley. I'll drop some under the hood pics as soon as I take them and host them somewhere. No video of burning rubber though. It's a road race car, not a drag car and I don't want to grenade a weak link. It has a lightweight flywheel and "race/heavy duty" clutch so something downstream may go kabooom if I get a little crazy.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Built S2000 Dyno (The Keeper)

DAMN!! nice numbers! whats the car look like? so i dont pick on the wrong s2000! hehe
Old 05-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Built S2000 Dyno (JICsube)

Just look for this plate....

Be careful.....I got into a little scuffle last night with a new E55. Thought I was going to get a beat down as those things are blazing fast even with a monkey behind the wheel. The lil' S2000 handled it quite easily. Hmmm....beating a 12.3 second car with a 116 mph trap speed on the street. I guess this little car is fast.

Quick Reply: Built S2000 Dyno