Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

you think vortech will ever come out with a supercharger for us ludes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 10:37 PM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default you think vortech will ever come out with a supercharger for us ludes?

I really dont see why vortech doesnt make a kit for the lude. I'd like to see what kinda power you could make with a centrifugal. Think there is anyway to convince vortech to make one?
Old 10-06-2005, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: you think vortech will ever come out with a supercharger for us ludes? (98vtec)

i don't think there's enough demand for a centifugal SC for the lude. Jackson kit is doing fine
Old 10-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: you think vortech will ever come out with a supercharger for us ludes? (98vtec)

yeah id like to know why they dont as well. jackson racing has it easy with no other sc competition.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Re: you think vortech will ever come out with a supercharger for us ludes? (plikit)

yea no doubt. i would love to see what a 5th gen could do with a vortech sc they should make one
Old 10-07-2005, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: you think vortech will ever come out with a supercharger for us ludes? (xxredpreludesixx)

There just isn't a big enough market for 2 brands of superchargers for H22s.. The R&D cost is pretty huge and the risk is high with something like that..
Old 10-07-2005, 05:45 AM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: you think vortech will ever come out with a supercharger for us ludes? (Honda318dx)

it would be really nice tho, i bet we could make more power with a centrifugal.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

more power than what? jrsc?

if so, just get a turbo. apps for the h22 are pretty plentiful.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:31 AM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: you think vortech will ever come out with a supercharger for us ludes? (Tomakit)

i'm not saying that i want one, per say. I think it would be nice to have another option besides jackson racing.

Maybe i can pay off vortech to make one once i get outta law school
Old 10-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you can always custom make one.http://www.procharger.com/SPORT_COMP..._compact.shtml
Old 10-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it would be really nice tho, i bet we could make more power with a centrifugal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Assuming a stock motor where say a... 12+psi pulley on the Vortech wasnt possible:

More peak hp than a JRSC? Prolly
Morre power under the curve than a JRSC (where it counts)? No, not by a LONG shot.

Built motor with small pulley on the Vortech... it the winner is obvious. But if you're going to that much trouble on a Prelude, %99.99 of the time you'd be rockin' a turbo.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: you think vortech will ever come out with a supercharger for us ludes? (GimpyAccord)

I have actually beeen doing major research do find a different supercharger kit. I have not found one person who has made a bracket for a centrifugal on a prelude or h22 for that matter.

I did find this http://www.automotiveforums.co....html

Its a roots type supercharger but it is mounted on the front of the motor with an intercooler. I was just impressed I finally found someone who made one work.

There used to be a dyno on h22a.org (no longer exsits) of a vortech h22 in a civic. but I was never able to get ahold of anyone to find out where the dyno graph came from.

All I really want is a bracket to align a vortech perfect with the belt.

I do believe if I remove the a/c I can run a vortech there if I remove the one fan. and if I have to I will get a civic radiator.

I have been planning this for a while. I want a centrifugal on my prelude.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:37 PM

There is absolutely no reason to try to get a centrifugal blower in our cars. I don't see why people keep beating this dead horse.....
Old 10-07-2005, 05:23 PM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: (LudeyKrus)

cuz its something different.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

everytime i hear about a turbo'd honda engine blowing, its usually because of somekind of boost creep/spike. supercharger's don't have that, thus they would be a good idea if you wanted a safe power adder that actually makes a difference. who would want gobs of low end power on a FWD car anyway? it'll just screw traction.

do i think they'll make one? no, not for a car that hasn't been in production for like 4-5years and even then they didn't sell all that well, hence why it isn't in production.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the more option the better, we all prelude/H22a people should already know this by now. I don't know why people say what's the point, well some people just want to be different sometimes. If you guys didn't then wouldn't you be owning a Civic too...

Modified by MNsnowdaboy at 2:53 PM 10/8/2005
Old 10-07-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: (MNsnowdaboy)

When there's a point. The Prelude is way cooler than the Civic. But when it comes to FI, turbos are fundamentally better than supers.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'd take safer power over the most efficient power on a daily driver w/ no warranty any day.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: (98vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cuz its something different. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you want that, built a whipple charger then for our cars. I'd buy one.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Broken Devil)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Broken Devil &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But when it comes to FI, turbos are fundamentally better than supers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fundamentally meaning making max power or reliable power?

Maximum amount of power may go to turbos but reliabilities may got to supercharger, especially centrifugal superchargers. Both have their pros and cons but there's not enough data on centrifugal SC to really make a assumption right now.

BTW a JRSC (roots) SC a centrifugal SC makes power very similar to a turbo comparing power band. If you look at the Vortech system on a B16a and B18c they make power that rivals the typical off shelf turbo kits.

Like I said it's just better if we have more toys to play with. Not that I will ever buy it, but the Vortech system does look very nice in the engine bay wouldn't you agree...

Modified by MNsnowdaboy at 3:15 PM 10/8/2005
Old 10-08-2005, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TimeRacer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TimeRacer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you want that, built a whipple charger then for our cars. I'd buy one. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Here here!

Whipple/Twin screw roots chargers are WHERE ITS AT. Off idle boost like a Eaton, but with about 75-85% eff through the whole powerband. I'm suprised more JRSC (I know a few out there have) don't adapt those blowers. More than anything I think most Honda owners don't know they exsist.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I really dont see why vortech doesnt make a kit for the lude. I'd like to see what kinda power you could make with a centrifugal. Think there is anyway to convince vortech to make one?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Why? You dont want that pretty header fo yours to go to waste?

A good turbo setup with hondata will always beat a SC setup.

The rumor of stock motors sucking *** for turboing is not true, if tuned right can run for ever.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: you think vortech will ever come out with a supercharger for us ludes? (Soda Popinski)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soda Popinski &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why? You dont want that pretty header fo yours to go to waste?

A good turbo setup with hondata will always beat a SC setup.

The rumor of stock motors sucking *** for turboing is not true, if tuned right can run for ever. </TD></TR></TABLE>

soda...a supercharger doesnt eliminate the header....and if you were suggesting that he may need a new one....then i doubt it....but randy can always come up with someting...
Old 10-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: you think vortech will ever come out with a supercharger for us ludes? (mgags7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mgags7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

soda...a supercharger doesnt eliminate the header....and if you were suggesting that he may need a new one....then i doubt it....but randy can always come up with someting...</TD></TR></TABLE>

and he did.. i talked to him last night, and he has come out with a header for S/C'd apps... imma be one of the first to get one of those...YAY
Old 10-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

very nice...cant wait to see the results....
Old 10-08-2005, 11:03 AM

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=386577

You be the judge.

Quick Reply: you think vortech will ever come out with a supercharger for us ludes?