Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

balancer shaft elimination kit

Old 07-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default balancer shaft elimination kit

I am looking for someone who has removed their balancer shafts and can tell me how it changes the feel of the engine. Is their a thread for removal and replacement. If someone could point me in right direction I appreciate it.
For the H22.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: balancer shaft elimination kit

I found the thread for DIY removal but I already put the rotating assembly back together and really don't feel like taking it back apart. Besides i have zero experience with tapping. Does the kit you can purchase offer a different installation process. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Umm...what exactly are they wanting you to tap? I don't remember ever tapping anything on my engine.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ludesleep
Umm...what exactly are they wanting you to tap? I don't remember ever tapping anything on my engine.
There is a thread in the FAQ section. I may have misunderstood, or it may have flown over my head. Anyhow, how was the instal when u did yours. Was it a straight bolt on? Is there a big difference in engine feel? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

umm i have it done and cant really tell you. Dont really notice any difference. I dont think I would do it again but who knows. maybe it really does make a good difference
Old 07-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blue94Accord
umm i have it done and cant really tell you. Dont really notice any difference. I dont think I would do it again but who knows. maybe it really does make a good difference
there was a dyno of a before and after on with no mods. it showed a 2whp gain and i think its about 8 lbs of weight off with a more efficient path for the belt. Probably something you wont even notice, but i guess every gain counts. i dont have the link to the graph, just read it in a thread.

and can i get an answer on my previous question. is it a bolt on? does anything else need to be changed? thanks.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In all honesty, this is a mod you do when you are pushing your limits of weight/hp. You will not notice much other than a hair faster throttle response. Of course it will come with a tad more vibration under the hood but nothing extream.

When I think back, the only thing that was done after the removal was the balance shaft bearings needed to be rotated in order to block off oil holes in order to gain oil pressure. Other than that you are done. Install your plate, make sure your tensioner is snug and roll on.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In all honesty, this is a mod you do when you are pushing your limits of weight/hp. You will not notice much other than a hair faster throttle response. Of course it will come with a tad more vibration under the hood but nothing extream.

When I think back, the only thing that was done after the removal was the balance shaft bearings needed to be rotated in order to block off oil holes in order to gain oil pressure. Other than that you are done. Install your plate, make sure your tensioner is snug and roll on.
wher do you find the diy thread
Old 07-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Word, thanks